Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it legal to ride on the side of a road?? 4Wheelers??  (Read 3431 times)
RhondaluvsATVS

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 04, 2009, 01:58:45 AM »

Hey everyone,, I just got a quick question. We got some 4wheelers and no where to ride.. Is it legal in Fla to ride in the grass along side the road?  Like if I was out by the forest and wanted to just go down the road. Do I have to have them registered to ride in the grass.. Do I have to have a license to to ride and what are the helment laws for them.. Any one that could help will be nice.. Happy 4th to everyone....
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 07:41:46 AM »

You can get stopped and get a ticket for riding on the side of the road. It really depends on the cop that sees you.

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
98sheerips

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 09:11:47 AM »

here in charlotte county they wont really break your balls unless you are tearing up the ditches. if you ride with some curotsey they wont say anything.
SpeedQuest

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 11:05:34 PM »

Is it legal in Fla to ride in the grass along side the road? 

What county do you live in?

Regardless, I don't think riding on the 'right of way' is legal in ANY county in Florida.

In very few counties, you can ride on unpaved roads LEGALLY.  But again, there are very few counties that did not opt out of this Florida law.

Your best bet is to check out the Ocala National Forest, Croom State Park, and places like the MotoPlex in Madison, FL.  If riders are under (16) in the National and State Parks they must have attend an ATV certification class.

If you don't ride with a helmet, you are asking for trouble.  An 11 year old in Jacksonville just lost his life because he wasn't wearing a helmet while riding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com