Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keeters ends up sideways in a ditch adventure  (Read 12079 times)
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: March 12, 2009, 02:14:42 PM »

Shall I teel the story  Roll Eyes

Only fitting you should tell since your the new story tellin homoderator Roll Eyes

AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 04:19:36 PM »

And, legend has it that was no oil slick coming-out from underneath the overturned ATV(judging by the aroma).  Cheesy

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 04:54:47 PM »

Sorry Barry.....I want to read the story. Do tell!

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
Muddbuggy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 05:29:53 PM »

inquiring minds what to know

GOTTA HORNEY RHINO....06' CAMO
07' OZARK 250
05' Z250
05' Z400 ACnerfs/beadlocks/carbon fiber Yoshi

SEABEEJIM IS A CLOWN PUNCHER.....
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 06:38:46 PM »

Okay Okay.  Let me first start with the end. I went to the hospital today and had an ultrasound of my right shoulder and I have tendinitis in my right shoulder and have partial tears in all four rotator cuff muscles. At least 5 more months of twice a week rehab. Had a 3 inch needle inserted into my shoulder and had some medicine injected for the pain I have been suffering since mid October.

So to the beginning. It all started at camp WB at RR with with some Captain Morgan/Tatoo in a cup. Wacker said "Hey lets go see what is going on at the Play Pen. This is like 9pm ish. With a tall cup in one had and the handle bar in my right away we go. We get to the pen and ride toward the back and a guy is stuck in a Polaris 500 with a guy in a 600 trying to yank him out. No luck for them. So Wacker connects his Rhino to the guy and gives a few yanks, Nothing. I try to winch him with my 3000lb winch ..nothing. So I go to snatch him and Wacker says don try we need something bigger, if my 1000lb Rhino cannot snatch you cannot either. Then I say "I have you by almost 100 cc's," Me and my bike weight 1000lbs. So I position my self in front of the guy and attache the hook of my rope to the loop on his rope. I back up almost to him lean forward on the handle bars and give it hell. The hook came undone and I realize a tree is right in front of me. Wacker said he saw my brake lights but don't remember grabbing them. I turn to the left to avoid the tree but did not see the 5 foot deep 4 foot wide ditch surrounding the play pen on the back side. My front tires clear but hit the burm on the other side of the ditch. The bike bounces up and lurches to the left and I end up sideways in the ditch still holding on and the bike on its side with my leg under it wedged between the side of the ditch and my bike. I look up and all I see is Bushwacker grabbing the bike along with a couple of other guys lifting it off of me. Since the bike is wedged in the ditch they could only get it off of my leg. Bike was still running

My lock-and-ride case on the back was pulled off and is submerged under water. We try to lift it out but at 780lb wedged in a ditch, it did not move. We had a truck come over and I hooked my winch to him but the front of the bike just dug into the side of the ditch more. While trying to winch the bike went dark, no lights completely dead. We hooked my rope to the truck and tried that way but the rope broke and of the 30 or so people now on scene now, no one had a rope. 

So Bushwacker rides off and finds a guy in a buggy with a winch over by the fire pit. He comes over on parks on the other side of the berm. I am in the ditch at this time almost chest deep, I am 6'4", and hook the winch to the back of the bike. Meanwhile gawkers are standing around and one guy says "Damn that is a bike in there" So the winch on the buggy start to pull the bike out then the guy goes in to neutral and the bike rolls back on top of me. OUCH! He then goes back into gear and starts to pull me out. A guy standing next to me looks at the front of my bike and comments at the weird angle my front left tire is. Perpendicular to the gas tank. Uh OH. He then says how busted up the front is. I just sink thinking about the damage. Well we get the bike out and there is Bushwacker checking on me and already preparing the tow back to my camp, end  of main grade by the water tank. With the bike on dry ground and completely dead of any batter power I evaluate the damage. NONE!!  What so EVER. Wheels are straight handle bars up right. NOTHING!!  Except the whole bike completely dead issue.  So Wacker and I are connecting the rope and start itching...BAD..ANTS!!  Lots of them. So we quickly hook up and the tow begins. Just past the play pen he stops and jumps out of his Rhino, and drops trousers right in the middle of Main Grade. He Strips to his boxers. ANTS he yells

We get to my camp and as I am about to push my bike on the trailer a thought occurs to me that maybe my kill switch was moved while I was winching.  EUREKA..it starts right up. Wacker looks at me and about slaps me in the head..He may have..dont remember. I thank him again and as he starts to ride off his headlights go out..Burnt both bulbs.  So he comes back to me and I loan him a flashlight to get back to his camp by the Play Pen.

Next day my leg hurts and my arm.  Two days later my legs feel better but my arm hurts worse.

Two MRI's and 3 months of Rehab my arm still hurts but getting better.

So...I owe a lot to Buschwacker.  Thanks again Brother. I mean that.

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 06:57:36 PM »

Anytime I think it was me that had the Cptn flowing anyways.. Lips Sealed..Glad you typed that it would have taken me two days......All good at least the quad didnt break you will heal Shocked

AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 07:03:18 PM »

We could have done without the drop trou part, though! Shocked

Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 07:59:53 PM »

It got to the point where rubbing my legs over the pants werent killing them. As they started biting closer towards the boys  Shocked enough was enough. I could only take so much. They lit me up. From about mid thigh to inside my boots I was hurting the next day. Cry

crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 08:39:08 PM »

man and i thought i only do dumb things under the influance. Kiss

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 06:39:37 PM »

Keeter, you've got enough stories to make this a one-man entertainment section. How 'bout the time you made one of those kiddie swings out of your front tire while plowing though seat-high water. Or, when you got that stranded Rhino's tire re-beaded by strapping-down the center of the tire. Or, going into Big Cypress alone, getting stuck for hours and getting out when there wasn't one soul around. Or, getting me out from about 15 miles deep in Big Cypress when my rear drive shaft U-joint snapped. Saving those days when my CV belt snapped, trailer tongue lever/lock snapped-off, and then there's way too many Holeylands adventures to speak of. Thanks.   

Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 12:25:29 AM »

Keeter, you've got enough stories to make this a one-man entertainment section. How 'bout the time you made one of those kiddie swings out of your front tire while plowing though seat-high water. Or, when you got that stranded Rhino's tire re-beaded by strapping-down the center of the tire. Or, going into Big Cypress alone, getting stuck for hours and getting out when there wasn't one soul around. Or, getting me out from about 15 miles deep in Big Cypress when my rear drive shaft U-joint snapped. Saving those days when my CV belt snapped, trailer tongue lever/lock snapped-off, and then there's way too many Holeylands adventures to speak of. Thanks.   
I am humbled.I have logged more miles with you than anyone else. We have got some stories to tell. I do not think I would still be riding if it wasn't for you. Thanks Robert for the thousand or so miles and the memories.  Now go buy a new freaking bike so I do not have to tow your ass all over the state. Grin

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
Muddbuggy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 10:17:28 AM »

Holy pupu thats a funny story, glad to see other people have the same problems as I do after a few adult beverages and here I thought it was just me.

GOTTA HORNEY RHINO....06' CAMO
07' OZARK 250
05' Z250
05' Z400 ACnerfs/beadlocks/carbon fiber Yoshi

SEABEEJIM IS A CLOWN PUNCHER.....
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 10:50:56 AM »

Holy pupu thats a funny story, glad to see other people have the same problems as I do after a few adult beverages and here I thought it was just me.
We know your "Special" but not that special.  LOL   Grin

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 08:48:18 PM »

good old Keeter

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
shawnley1222

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 06:57:20 PM »

Cheesy he sure is special   dont worry buddy me u and art all know them adult beverages can have crazy affects  Cool

07 Rhino With Lots Of Goodies!

FL SxS Riders
http://flsxsriders.forumotion.com/
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 08:11:28 PM »

Cheesy he sure is special   dont worry buddy me u and art all know them adult beverages can have crazy affects  Cool

Art knows of these soda pops ALL to well!!!!  LMAO

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com