Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone help answer this (Holey Land, Everglades)  (Read 2829 times)
danfl

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 15, 2009, 04:23:42 PM »

OK, I read the FWC Holey Lands Regulation Summary and I have some questions. You are allowed to scout on an ATV two weeks before Archery season and one week before muzzleloading and general gun. So Archery starts on August 29th so I guess we can ride out there from August 15th through August 28th. Muzzleloading starts October 3rd so we can ride out there from September 26th through October 2nd. Am I reading this correctly? Do you need to have a hunting license do do this? It does not state that. I do have a license. Of course I will have my binoculars with me.

Also, you can use your ATV during Hunting season but for hunting only??? I guess you can to get out to your spot. You better have a license and the right equipment for the season they are in.

I want to make sure I fully understand the rules before going out there.

MATT1969

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 12:19:46 PM »

yes you need all hunting permits.and there not stupid.if your just riding out there they will probly give you a tickit.and for the people that say how do they know your not hunting or scouting,trust me thay can tell.
foreman1

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 10:05:51 PM »

It's not an ATV ridin area.
If  large crowds show up to ride like before the closure they'll probably shut down atv's for good.
A large number bikes taking advantage of the "loop hole" wont last very long.

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185
danfl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 11:35:51 AM »

Sorry, let me clarify. I can ride out there to Scout only and not ride for fun. I understand that. I wanted to make sure I had my dates correct and an understanding of the rules. My "riding" is strictly for hunting purposes whether it is for scouting or getting to my spot. The problem with hunting out there is guys put their trailers and tents under the poles and claim that as their spot so you have to "ride" out to get to a spot far away from their "marked" territory. I understand you can not ride out there under the loop hole. I am not. I just want to make sure I am doing things the right way for hunting purposes only.
FORD4X4GIRL

TRX's Baby Mamma !

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 03:57:36 PM »

In all honesty the best thing you can do with FWC is ask one of their officers the next time you see one out there. I have had alot of people explain things to me one way just to find out from a Game Warden that the truth is the total opposite.....

"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif
MATT1969

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 08:36:57 PM »

go to MYFWC.COM its all in black and white.evan game wardens are wrong sometimes.best thing is to read the the rules                           

http://myfwc.com/docs/Brochures/09-10_HoleyLand.pdf

here ya go.       
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com