Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about riding on private property  (Read 2637 times)
Tampa400EX

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 13, 2005, 05:55:45 PM »

A couple of friends and myself have a lease on some private property that we hunted last year and plan to hunt agian this year. The gate always stays open on the property and people would ride and 4 wheel out there without a problem until recently. Its getting to the point where people are dumping stolen vehicles and mass amounts of garbage out there. My question is what else can we do other than lock the only gate to the property, and post no trespassing signs around the entrance? People are still some how finding thier way onto the land and we are really trying to get this taken care of before hunting season opens. We ride our quads out there but mainly to check traps and feeders we have set up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Njoutlaw88

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 06:13:56 PM »

dont hunt
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 06:34:49 PM »

buy a lock

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 06:45:53 PM »

go hunting! but not for the animals;)

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Lost Soul

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 08:03:37 PM »

Why don't you lock the gate?

Also post the no tresspassing signs, the one's with the local sherrifs office emblem on them.

You can also post the "area patrolled daily" signs.

Do you lease your property to cattle ranchers?
That's what we do with our property. Cuts down on the taxes, and they take care of the upkeep...such as maintaining the fence line, and they're out there every other day to feed and check the area. 
speedman8903
Supreme Member

BURN RUBBER NOT YOUR SOUL

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 08:26:51 PM »

go hunting! but not for the animals;)

i agree Grin

05 brute sold

08 brute
10' CATVOS lift
29.5 w/itp ss212 all blk
mimb snorkles
epi clutch kit
rilla rad relocated
and much more!!!
Tampa400EX

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 09:56:02 PM »

Well...no hunting?? Thats not gonna happen, but thanks for the response Grin. We already have 2 locks on the gate nad they have been cut once already. People are also finding ways to get around the gate. There is to much cover on the property to lease it to cattleman. There really isn't enough clear cuts for the cattle and the clear cuts that are there we are planting food plots for deer. We hog hunt this property year round but we would really like to take care of the trespassers going out there before deer season comes around! any other suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Lost Soul

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 10:19:41 PM »

The only other thing I could suggest is if you can find a regular pattern as to WHEN they are dumping...

You could do a little camping out on the property. Try to catch them red handed. (I assume they do it at night as not to get caught)

Otherwise, it sounds like you're out of luck if you can't keep them out by use of a gate.

Unless you want to chain a pitbull to the fence. They are amazingly effective as a deturent.
Tampa400EX

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 10:30:18 PM »

Yeah we are getting pretty tired of it. People go out there and camp over night and leave thier fires burning after they leave. Some people just have no respect. We will probably end up getting the Fish and Game Commision involved and give them a key to the gate so they can make a ride through while they are in the area. Thanks for the suggestions on the signs, I will be making some calls this week and try to get ahold of some signs of that sort.
z400stunter

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 11:27:51 PM »

I'll ride around on the property with a sword  Cheesy

JUMP IT!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com