Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Title Problems Help Please  (Read 1748 times)
mcrumbaker

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 31, 2008, 10:31:24 PM »

I am in a real fine mess with a bike I just bought off ebay. I bought a 2004 rm250 with less than eight hours on it. It was shipped to the dealer from the manufacturer 11/23/03. The dealer was in Minnesota and a man bought it just to turn around two days later and trade it in to another dealer down the road. That dealer had it on their floor for two years till they put it on ebay and the man I bought it from picked it up off their hands. That gentleman tried to ride it and it scared him so he put it in the garage and left it for two years till he listed it on ebay. This is when I bought it just in DEC 2008.

I am from the old school where titles and stickers were not an issue, this being my 12th bike, but 1st since the last ten years of change. I paid my money when I found out about the ocala forest fee and ohv trails. This is when the title thing came in.

I  ran the vin and it has never been registered to anybody, it is still at the first dealer on paper. I have the paper trail showing that everybody has paid for it and everything is on the up and up. I made the visit to the tag office, local bike shops and online to do the research. The man I bought it from I have been told needs to title it and pay his sales tax, then sign the title over to me. This is all fine but now he is finding out that the taxes on this bike are alot and he stopped returning my call or emails. Mn does not require titles, and if he did his part all would be fine.

So my buddy is a mechanic and said he would do the mechanics lean on the bike for me and get the title for me. He stated that the original dealer in Mn could pay the mechanics lean off and pick up the bike so call them and tell them what is going on. I did and they stated they can not get me any paperwork on this and if I did the lean they might be interested in getting the bike back. So now I am screwed....

The title girls at the dealerships are telling me I am out of luck and stuck as I can't sell it either unless to a state that doesn't require a title.

I did harescrambles and just want to get back to my woods to play, I am just at my whits end and can't believe the crap for a vehicle that is not street worthy. Like my buddy at the bike shop told me "the average ohv is sold 13 times before it is scrapped and they collect tax every time".

Can anybody tell me what I can do? What forms do I get to go before the court does anybody know or what specific court. Is that title service for real?
danfl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 11:20:42 AM »

We need to use page 10 of the attachment. I did it. it can be done.

http://www3.hsmv.state.fl.us/Intranet/dmv/Manuals/DMVProcedures/BTR/tl/TL-44.pdf
mcrumbaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 05:41:42 PM »

The sub section it refers you back puts it out of use, it states:

"NOTE: The bill of sale must be from an individual/dealer who owned the vehicle PRIOR to
07/01/02 and was NOT required to obtain a certificate of title in their name. The bill of
sale would NOT be acceptable in lieu of a title, if the individual/dealer selling the
vehicle to the new owner had purchased the off-highway vehicle on 07/01/02 or later
and a valid title had not been previously issued to them. In this situation, the
individual/dealer would be required to have a title issued in their name, prior to selling
the off-highway vehicle in order to have a valid title to transfer or reassign to the new
owner (see III, B)."

my guy bought it in 2006 and it was manufactured in 2003.

was this similiar to your problem and they overlooked it?
FORD4X4GIRL

TRX's Baby Mamma !

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 08:34:48 AM »

I have a similar issue with an enclosed trailer in palm beach county.... I went to the local tax collector office and they said there is one of two things that can be done - get the orginial title ( not an option ) or go to court with a bill of sale stating the vin number and purchase price and a judge will award you a clean title ... 

"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com