Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TT & Flat Track Race at Thunderbowl Speedway- 11/22/08  (Read 26687 times)
Gulley421

It Ain't Braggin, If You Can Back It Up!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2008, 07:50:15 PM »

On my first night I was wondering what was on the other side of the turn 2 wall and then I found out the really hard way...lol

F.N.G mistake.  Now I like taking out the inside cones(oops) its alot safer.

*2009 SDTA Pro/Am Champion*

Scott Gulley Customs
Wicked Scare Productions Inc.
Outpost Cycles
jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2008, 07:51:44 PM »

I was there when you went through the wall  Huh

2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com
Fast66071

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2008, 08:26:28 PM »

You are VERY lucky that you didn't hit anything whe you went through that wall. There's an old travel trailer, an old grader, pipe, trailers, and a bunch of other junk parked back there in that corner. Somehow you threaded through all of it. You shoulda played the lotto on the way home cuz that was your lucky day.

Be careful. The cones will get you too! Just ask the guy (whos name I won't say), on the black 250R who did a 45 foot superman after hitting one a few races ago. (in turn 2 no less!) Ha Ha
We have small cones now, so it shouldn't be an issue.
jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2008, 08:29:20 PM »

I was there for that as well  Shocked

I have hit several cones (actually drug one from turn two all the way to turn three) and I also have hit many tires  Grin

2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com
derek330
Supreme Member

Thanks to all my CREW!!! 2010 champ!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2008, 11:50:02 AM »

cones,walls.... same thing! Tongue

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.
jennifer~at~thunderbowl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2008, 02:02:59 PM »

Just wanted to wish everybody a safe and Happy Thanksgiving  !! My motto this year:

GOBBLE TILL YOU WOBBLE !!!    Wink

Jennifer
2fast4u450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2008, 08:29:37 PM »

Im new to this site and I am looking for some flat tracks in Florida.  Can anyone give me suggestions. I need a fast track with some fast riders I need a challenge.
WJDTRI
Supreme Member

"KEEP'N IT SIDEWAYS"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2008, 05:24:02 PM »

Im new to this site and I am looking for some flat tracks in Florida.  Can anyone give me suggestions. I need a fast track with some fast riders I need a challenge.

Who is this masked avenger that so boldly talks and hides his e mail.......  Smiley 

Looks more like Rick or someone having fun......

but lets see......I will bite

1. A brand new newbie............so that suspicious on its own!!!
2. Didn t mention motorcycle or quad
3. "Looking for flat tracks in Florida"...........you/he posted under the heading...."TT & Flat Track at Thunderbowl Speedway"......so you/he already found what he is looking for
4. Suggestions?.....I would suggest Thunderbowl Speedway on Dec 6th......duh!!!
5. "Needs a Fast Track"?......if you/he is "2fast4u450"........fast track...slow track......shouldn t matter.......same track the rest of us "2slow4u450" will be on.
6. "Needs Fast Riders?"......Shawn, Kurt, Brantley, Asycue, Golley, Squeezer, Delacqueseaux.....flying chipmunk when the track is wet....and depending on the class
7. "Needs a challenge?"......Show up Dec 6th.........talk is cheap!!!!!!........if you/he runs Expert which you/he should be.....I will put my money on Shawn & Kurt......Vintage Class?......money is on Asycue.....and myself respectfully unless the track is wet and then the "Flying Chipmunk" would prevail.......Senior Class?....I doubt you/he qualifies.....but if you/he does.....Pat & Gary might show the way around the track.

so who is this "twofastforyoufourfifty" guy?Huh

pic of fast guys attached  Wink

Sincerely
Ward Jones....."2slow4some750" Smiley
#66Q
Thunderbowl Speedway
Vintage Class

* IMG_2187-copy.jpg (22.89 KB, 720x480 - viewed 193 times.)

SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos
Fast66071

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2008, 08:00:52 PM »

Welcome. Like Ward said, Thunderbowl on 6th is the place you're looking for. Track is fast with lots of good people. I don't know if you ride two wheels or four, but we have plenty of fast quad and bike guys that will give you all the challenge you want. My suggestion is to bring it.
2fast4u

You can't buy skill and you can't replace it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2008, 11:10:34 AM »

Well I stopped by the site to see when the next flat track race was. I found two very disapointing things. I have to be at a wedding on the 6th. (Bummer!!!) Then I read about some wannabe flat tracker moving in on my name. Good thing i'm a die hard two stroke fan. Although the 450's are fast just to loud for my liking. Smiley Just wanna say i've earned my name with many feature wins and a point championship. Someday my schedule will permit me to bring this ole rat bike of mine out and represent for the 2 strokes. Have a fun weekend all!!!

* 02-01-2007 10;36;42AM.JPG (96.46 KB, 938x618 - viewed 216 times.)

go fast turn left any questions?
2fast4u450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2008, 05:01:20 PM »

Well I wanted to know about tracks not just The Thunderbowl thats why I went to the Southern Dirt Track Associations link. I ride a quad yfz450. I have heard about the Thunderbowl and heard that there isnt such a good turn out of quads. Just looking for some new challenges, as for "2fast4u" we'll just have to see who has really earned the name.
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2008, 05:24:55 PM »

Hey Rob,
 You and the original Naples crew have been missed. I don't think I have seen you since the Dade City flat track days in 05 although a few of your guys made it out to the Eastbay races we had last year. We have talks underway about next years point series so hopefully some of those dates will fit in to your schedule.
  As far as the latest "fast" guy posting on here...many more before him have braved our local fast guys and typically what happens is the so-called fast guys show up once or twice, get waxed and then are never to be heard from again. So my free advice, for what it's worth, is just come out and see who's who.  And although I don't care for country music they do have some catchy sayings. The one that comes to mind is "don't call 'em a cowboy until you see 'em ride!"  My suspicion is that the newest keyboard racer is probably that pansy Gary Sisson!! Grin

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
WJDTRI
Supreme Member

"KEEP'N IT SIDEWAYS"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2008, 05:30:56 PM »

Sounds like a challenge is in order after the wedding on the 6th.

Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
KnK Motorsports

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2008, 05:33:50 PM »

Dave you are still alive, I hear you may be ready to come back out again but in a new color.

2fast as for fast guys we dont have any at T bowl, we just play follow the leader, so come on out maybe we can learn something from you.

K&K Motorsports
specializing in off-road performance
Suspension & body lifts,leveling kits,
tires & wheels, ATV performance,& powdercoating
Authorized Dealer for Lonestar, Blingstar,AC,Nacs,ODI Grips,Ron Woods,Falicon,ESR,Herrmann,Duncan

06 YFZ450 #12
08 KFX450 #21
Fast66071

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2008, 07:05:32 PM »

Well I wanted to know about tracks not just The Thunderbowl thats why I went to the Southern Dirt Track Associations link. I ride a quad yfz450. I have heard about the Thunderbowl and heard that there isnt such a good turn out of quads. Just looking for some new challenges, as for "2fast4u" we'll just have to see who has really earned the name.

Well superstar there is no Thunderbowl link on this site, so the SDTA link is your only choice for flat track info. You're right, the last couple of races have had lower than normal quad turnouts, but we finished a points series in October, crappy economy, gas prices, holidays, etc. have probably all contributed to that. There's still plenty of fast guys to challenge you. Come on out if you're not just a keyboard racer, and make sure to bring your A game cause these boys up here don't play. Also, a word to the wise- if you do sack up and come out to race, make sure you race clean. A lot of these guys (and girls) race together all the time and ain't gonna let some new jagg off hurt them. Rough riding with this bunch will get you put on your lid in a hurry.

Are you only wanting to race flat track? Don't be skerrrred try some TT too. You'll enjoy it, but I promise ya these local riders will eat you for lunch

Tell ya what... I'm so confident that you'll tote an azz whoopin, that if you show up and win the Open class in either the TT or flat track on December 6th I'll personally hand you $500.  Should be easy pickins for a fast guy like you.
How's that for being called out nancy boy
Cmon and get my money I dare ya
-Rick Dugan
2fast4u

You can't buy skill and you can't replace it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2008, 09:11:08 PM »

Well if Naples was a bit O.K. alot closer I would definitley be there after the wedding. I miss the good times and good people. I don't think the $500 was an offer to me but I don't really know these people getting married that well. I'd like some of that action. My bike is a 330R. How did Bud do with the 330 against you guys?

go fast turn left any questions?
Fast66071

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2008, 09:38:13 PM »

No not you. I was talking to "2fast4u450" He's obviously a keyboard racer whos not gonna show.

Bud did good with the 330.
WJDTRI
Supreme Member

"KEEP'N IT SIDEWAYS"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2008, 07:07:47 AM »

mmmmmm.......our masked avenger still has not come forward and identified himself. Maybe we need a contest to guess who it might be. Two wheelers would be at a disadvantage since we do not know all the 4 wheel players. One thing that has come out of these e mails is I kinda like the new screen name........"2slow4some750" Wink . Props to Rick for calling him out properly!!!!!!!.

Ward

Backwoods Racin
Supreme Member

Backwoods Racin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2008, 09:32:35 AM »

Hey Rob, this is Randy Edwards long time no see how you been? I'll tell you what since you can't make it for the race i'll put my son Travis up against the new guy to represent for you. Im pretty confident he would do you proud. What do you think Rick?

Backwoods Racin!
'05 YFZ 450
Travis #6
2007 Thunderbowl Intermediate Champion
2007 SFTL Intermediate Champion
Meghan #6
'04 YFZ 450
www.outlawracin.com
Sponsored by:
Ray's Septic Naples,FL
flattrack_Ben

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2008, 02:46:47 PM »

well, what I wanna see is if Mr. 2fastfor450 or whatever it was knows how to ride on 2 wheels instead of 4. i know that i havent raced in a few months, but you can ask Brady, Rick and my dad Richard.........it didnt take me long to get that TT sliding again if you know what I mean. im sure it wouldnt be to hard to take care of buisness lol Wink
KnK Motorsports

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2008, 06:06:30 PM »

Hey Rob, this is Randy Edwards long time no see how you been? I'll tell you what since you can't make it for the race i'll put my son Travis up against the new guy to represent for you. Im pretty confident he would do you proud. What do you think Rick?

Randy Why do you think I put we just follow the leader. LOL

K&K Motorsports
specializing in off-road performance
Suspension & body lifts,leveling kits,
tires & wheels, ATV performance,& powdercoating
Authorized Dealer for Lonestar, Blingstar,AC,Nacs,ODI Grips,Ron Woods,Falicon,ESR,Herrmann,Duncan

06 YFZ450 #12
08 KFX450 #21
Fast66071

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2008, 08:14:54 PM »

I think there's a bunch of 'em that could hand him his azz. Travis, Bud, Cabana, Wayne, Jody, Raymond, Derek, Scott, Dave W, Dave B, Brady if we could keep him from crashing(I couldn't resist), the list goes on and on. We'll have my Raptor done soon, so he's welcome to come git some of it too. Better yet, lets line him up with Lisa Cabana, Lauren, and Paige and see what happens. Dem girls are straight fast as he!! too.

Ha Ha. We must have scared that punk off. He hasn't been in here talking smack lately.

2fast4u450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2008, 07:25:35 AM »

Well you guys havent scared me off  Sad. I'm game for some follow the leader, and I'm game for $500 but as for lining me up with some ladies i do like to play fair so i will stick with the guys. If my schedule allows I will be there on the 6th for TT anf flat track so does that mean if i win in the open class in Tt and Flat Track thats $1000 for me?. I'm not up for the challenge on two wheels i will stick to four.If all goes well I will see you all on the 6th and so you know i'm not just a keyboard racer and I dont like to ride dirty either so no worries there. Im out there to have some fun and now win some money.

Kyle
supervcycle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2008, 08:06:52 AM »

kyle?  is this the kyle from southpark?  scared of the two wheelers?! lol

nate #38

affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2008, 11:38:29 AM »

Dave you are still alive, I hear you may be ready to come back out again but in a new color.

Looks like the cat's out of the bag! I think I know who let em out too! The Banshee is nearly back together...new frame, top end, etc., etc., etc.

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com