Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: question about divorce  (Read 6300 times)
Avalanche2082

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 01, 2008, 07:06:06 PM »

I have been married for a year and I think my wife is going to divorce me. How long do you have to be married to qualifiy for alimony? My wife has supported me since we were in high school. We have been together 10 years. We have also lived together 7 of those years. I am on all kinds of medication and she has always told me I don't need to work and it's hard for me to with the medication I'm on. I have serious neck and back problems along with depression and anxiety. I have no work history and I feel like I am helpless. Also what is a postnuptial agreement? Are they unbreakable? Are they worth getting? What ways can they be broken? ANy help with what I can do as I am technically handicapped and will be out on the street and am unable to work enough to live?
flt mech

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 07:21:23 PM »

Well first why do you think she is going to divorce you?  Have you tried talking to her?  What has changed iin the past year/ or what hasn't changed?  Can you work from home or anything like that?  So far there are too many unknowns.  Just that your here asking for divorce advice makes it seem like you two are not talking and just doing your own things.  Try talking, to her!
Avalanche2082

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 07:42:18 PM »

We do talk and still live together she is starting to act very weird, lying to me, texting strange phone numbers that I don't know. I changed our cell phone plans to another service provider and we got new number and she starts getting really mad at me because she has people she has to talk to on her old phone.
jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 08:06:59 PM »

You have to be married for more than 5 years for alimony

2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 08:43:03 PM »

Just curious,but how does someone that is unable to work,on several medications,and suffering from anxiety and depression stumble across a website for ATV riding? Not that there's anything wrong with it ,I'm just curious. Being together sharing the same household for ten years seems like it would fall under the common law category. If she wont tell you why she is unhappy than you may be in trouble,however if she tells you tha problem than you may be able to fix it and stay together.You didn't mention whether you wanted to stay together though.
4fittyr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 11:40:53 PM »

CALL DR PHIL   OR OPRAH   

if u can't be good be good at it
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 08:54:56 AM »

Get professional counseling, period, before you can't afford it(wife leaves or you're left on your own by our politicians).

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 09:03:16 AM »

Ive seen this post on here before.Get a job,kill the chick,move on simple!

Doesnt this belong in polititcs Shocked

BeReasonable

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 01:19:02 PM »

Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing

If he would have killed her when they first met he would be getting out about now.

To me it sounds as if he could care less about her and his only concern is that he will be taken care of by way of alimony (which I am not sure exists in this state I would need to research it) .
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 04:28:45 PM »

Only variation to the last post was that there was another girl in the mix.
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 09:26:25 AM »

Yes, and he had to watch them have sex with each other without him. 

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
foreman1

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 07:31:46 PM »

You're better off seeking professional help , public forums are no place to discuss your personal problems , especially a disaster like divorce.

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 07:48:08 PM »

Yes, and he had to watch them have sex with each other without him. 

That would suck. 

Unless they're hot of course.
nwfjeff

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 01:57:05 PM »

mmmmmmm two chicks
Fourplayindirt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 10:24:39 PM »

You won't get any sympathy here. This is a site for riding, hunting, and drinking. Other than that, your on your own!!
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 11:30:03 AM »

You won't get any sympathy here. This is a site for riding, hunting, and drinking. Other than that, your on your own!!

maybe not from you.....other people might have gone through a similar situation and might be able to help him out

And this site is much more than that......if you dont believe me check out the political threads LOL

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::
Fourplayindirt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 06:49:12 PM »

I was saying it to be sarcastic. I've seen all kinds of post on here and the majority of responses are non caring and derogatory. It seems like people are more willing to criticize and berate someone instead of support. This may be a forum that has been around for a while, but the moral value of friendship and comradery has declined.
  I've only seen several members who act in good nature, most seem to think their reign is supreme and if you defy their opinion...your outcast.
  I think I'm going over to FloridaATV. I've gone to the Motoplex with the members from there and the unity was staggering. I haven't seen anything like it from this site and it's members in a long time.
   Now...I'll wait for the big boys from this site with their threats and opinions on how their saints!!
Fourplayindirt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 06:54:52 PM »

I feel for you Avalanche. Relationships can go from beautiful, to a total nightmare. No matter what, your still alive and that's always something to be greatful for. When you've reached the bottom of the barrel, at least you know it can't get any worse. Sometimes a fresh start is what you have to do.
   Any situation is possible, that's what life should teach you. Don't look to anyone but yourself to help yourself. When you think you can rely on other people to understand your worst situation, they would rather run away to keep their position pleasant. The only thing you can rely on is your prayer.
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 07:04:45 PM »

I was saying it to be sarcastic. I've seen all kinds of post on here and the majority of responses are non caring and derogatory. It seems like people are more willing to criticize and berate someone instead of support. This may be a forum that has been around for a while, but the moral value of friendship and comradery has declined.
  I've only seen several members who act in good nature, most seem to think their reign is supreme and if you defy their opinion...your outcast.
  I think I'm going over to FloridaATV. I've gone to the Motoplex with the members from there and the unity was staggering. I haven't seen anything like it from this site and it's members in a long time.
   Now...I'll wait for the big boys from this site with their threats and opinions on how their saints!!

With an attitude like that, what kind of responses do you expect. Also how is anyone supposed to know you are being sarcastic..........uuhhhhhhhh we can't hear the tone of your voice and you didn't use any smiley faces. You are acting like the people you just ridiculed. Since you're from FloridaATV you must be perfect.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Fourplayindirt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 07:09:42 PM »

I wasn't berating anyone. I was merely stating what I see on this site.
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 07:15:47 PM »

Also this site has close to 8,000 members. FloridaATV has less then 1200. That has something to do with it too. Plus you weren't around for Avalance's original post. Here it is

Hi, I was wondering if any of you have ever gotten divorced and gotten alimony from your wife? My wife and I are not getting along and she has always told me I don't need to work I am somewhat disabled but not enough to get disability, she will take care of me and she has, we have been together 10 years and married since Dec. 2007. I just can not stand to be around her anymore because of the things she has done to me. We also have another woman who lives with us and she is her girlfriend and my girlfriend if you get my drift. Now, is there any possibilty I could get alimony as she has supported me finacially. How much does a divorce cost what is the possibility of me getting any money, she owns all our assets. Any suggestions as to what to do. If some day she does become very sucessful and has a lot of money can she try to to take away my alimony if it was possible for me to get any. I need help!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 07:18:06 PM by TRX450R_Racer » Logged

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
686RAPTOR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 07:24:39 PM »

i like the original post better dude has 2 girl friends and wants money back. nice
Fourplayindirt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 08:00:49 PM »

Yes my friend, you screwed yourself with that one. Just remember you had some fun for a little while, but the joyride ended. You need to make something for yourself, not from your girl. I divorced also, but I left the house and everything for her and the kids. She wanted custody and the house and she got it.
   The only thing I asked for was one of the two big flat panel TV's... she broke one and left it for me. Woman are devil's in dresses!! You just have to move on and be smarter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com