Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Important Thunderbowl & SDTA Info - Please Read  (Read 1668 times)
Fast66071

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 26, 2008, 10:02:18 PM »

The SDTA info:

* The awards for the '08 SDTA series have been ordered. The date and details for the awards banquet will be posted soon, emails sent, etc.
* Brady and Dave have been talking about having another SDTA series for next year. I know very few details for this, since my main focus is at Thunderbowl, not the off site races. I do know it will be a complete schedule from the start, no scrambling around for dates like they had to do last year. The series will include multiple tracks, although other than Thunderbowl I don't know which tracks they are. 

Again, I don't get involved in the SDTA races too much, but if you have a question, let me know and I will be glad to get you an answer asap. 

The Thunderbowl info:

* The remaining two TT & flat track races for November and December are going to be re-scheduled and combined. This means that there will be TT and Flat Track racing on one day, instead of doing them on seperate weekends. The TT racing will be during the day, and the flat track racing will be at night under the lights. There are several reasons for this, but it's mainly for the riders benefit. This will keep riders from having to choose "one or the other" types of racing. Also, there will some fee changes involved. This part has not been worked out, but it will basically be that if a rider runs TT during the day, then their entry fee for that nights flat track race will be reduced. We know times are tight, and we are trying to do some different things to keep racing as affordable as possible for the riders. The new dates and times will be available in a day or two. We'll see how this works, and go from there.
* Thunderbowl will have its own seperate points series starting in January. The details ae not worked out, so I don't know if it will be seperate TT & flat track series, or one combined series for both. I will get all the details, schedules, etc. worked out and get them out there asap.
* And finally, I made an anouncement at the last drivers meeting regarding this, but for those who weren't there, I'll go over it again. As many of you know, Brady's wife has been battling cancer for the last several months. Without going into a lot of details, I can tell you things are not going well. At Brady's request, I will be handling all of the Thunderbowl Speedway business. Myself, as Race Director, Teddy Morrison as Flagman, my wife Liz, and Teddy's wife Jennifer will continue to operate the races the same way everyone is used to. I would ask everyone to please respect Brady and his family's privacy, and please do not call him or email during this very trying time. If you have any questions or need anything regarding Thunderbowl, or racing in general, please call me at 352-266-1961 or PM me and I will be happy to help you. I will also be posting info under Brady's "fastrnrik" screen name in the forum section of the Thunderbowl website.

If anyone has any comments or input on any of this, please let me know.

Thank You
Rick Dugan         
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 09:50:19 PM by fastrnrik » Logged
Backwoods Racin
Supreme Member

Backwoods Racin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 08:52:40 AM »

Hey Rick if you need help with anything at the track don't hesitate to ask.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Randy

Backwoods Racin!
'05 YFZ 450
Travis #6
2007 Thunderbowl Intermediate Champion
2007 SFTL Intermediate Champion
Meghan #6
'04 YFZ 450
www.outlawracin.com
Sponsored by:
Ray's Septic Naples,FL
cjcracing

Merritt Webb #6, Tonya McWethy#15

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 06:12:47 PM »

Rick -
Jeff and I will be happy to help if there is anything you and brady need!
Tonya

CJC Racing
Merritt Webb
2008 SDTA Flat Track Champion
Pee-Wee M/C and Pee-Wee Quad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com