Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Track Etiquette"  (Read 3638 times)
Pat

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2005, 09:22:24 PM »

New to the MX scene...is there any type of track etiquette that needs to be taken into consideration or do I just "ride my own race"? Since I will be the slow guy out there, do I need get out of the way or like I said...just ride my  own race and maintain my lines?
Thanks in advance,
Pat

Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!
Mrs.Nightbreed

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 09:40:54 PM »

Ride at  your own pace. However you are comfortable. Just hold your line. That is the first thing to learn. As long as you hold your line people can easily and safely pass.... Wink Cool
dreth

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 09:48:01 PM »

and if you can block all the other riders so i can win ;)i will give you $20 Grin. i agree with melissa on this one! hold your line and they will pass you. dont keep looking back or you will be a hazard to yourself. i would recommend you get in a few practice laps before you go out and race Wink we all started somewhere, so if someone gets mad just remind them that they had a 1st thime too Cool
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 04:22:28 PM »

One other thing to remember is that if you are slowing down on the track for some reason put your left hand up so people behind you know that you are slowing down. 

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
Pat

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 08:59:45 PM »

Thanks...much appreciated!
Pat

Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!
LIV2RIDE
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 04:32:30 PM »

1 thing that a fellow rider/racer (ROB) has told me and he tells others before each race.

If you hear,see, or feel that another rider is catching you and probably going to pass you, don't change your line or move up or down to let him pass. Just stay where you are and he will get around you.
 When you look at it from the other riders view it's easy to see that he has been pacing you and watching you and your line for the last few laps

Check out  --------------------------> www.quadsforchrist.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com