Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Gun  (Read 3567 times)
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2008, 10:49:48 PM »

Bought a new gun today at Bass Pro but what a miserable experience.  I saw in their flyer they had a Sig 239 with 3 mags, a holster and a mag holder for $799.00.  That's a pretty respectable deal.  Went down to the store in Dania and waited an hour to see a salesman (I was number two in line).  There was only one guy behind the counter until after 45 minutes, another guy walked up and called out a bunch of numbers in rapid succession until he called an off-duty employee's number.  This kid was only 18 and couldn't even buy the powder he was looking for.  The guy then gave me a hard time when I said he passed me by.  I'm like, WTF dude, you need to help me now!  I ask to see the package and he has no idea what I'm talking about.  Says sorry, can't help you and starts to call out the next number.  I tell this jackass that I'm not done and I'm not settling for his incompetence.  Finally, I get a store manager out there to assist me but it still took 2-1/2 hours to buy two guns (I bought a Remington Model 597 in 22LR for my son as well as the Sig).  The amazing thing was that the only 239 in .40 S&W they had was on the shelf.  They said I could take it or come back when it was back in stock.  I asked if I would have to wait in line to pick up the gun and they said yes.  Before you drive to Dania, you might want to drive up to WPB and go to Gander Mountain.  Haven't been there yet but I've heard they actually appreciate the business.

That being said, anybody have any experience with the Sig 239?  My secretary carries one in her purse and after checking it out (the gun, not my secretary   Cheesy), I decided it would make a good conceal gun; certainly not the best but it is a nice compact gun, especially compared to my S&W Model 1006.  The one thing I liked is that the 239 in .40 S&W can also be configured to use .357 Sig just by changing out the barrel ($159.00).  Kind of like having two guns in one.  Any comments on .40 S&W vs. .357 Sig?  One last thing, am I the only one who's noticed that handgun ammo is scarce as well as expensive when you do find it?  Holy crap!  I can't even find ammo for my 10 and I paid $25.00 for 50 JHP in .40 S&W.  Maybe I should have bought a 9mm or a .45 ACP.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 10:54:51 PM by digginfool » Logged

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
glockin

Ride it like you stole it!  Safely of course!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 12:31:59 AM »

I had a real bad time with Gander Mountain in Ocala. I DO NOT recommend going there for anything. I carry the Glock 27 .40. Great firearm and the durability is second to none. Throw it in  the mud, it shoots. Drop it in a lake, it shoots. Heck freeze it or even run it over it still shoots. Very small very light I can not even feel it there on my waist anymore. Check it out here: http://www.glock.com/english/index_pistols.htm

2003 Honda Rincon
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 06:59:47 AM »

Dig, save the brass and I'll reload the 40cal for cost of the powder and bullets.

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 08:21:08 AM »

I was thinking it might be time to start reloading, especially with my 10.  It's never been a cheap round and I've saved hundreds of casings for it.  I've also been saving my .44 brass although I don't have that many casings for it.  The good thing is that they're all brass; I've never bought cheap ammo for my handguns.  Thanks for the offer.  I just might take you up on it.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 01:48:51 PM »

Sorry you had such a bad experience. Most of the time the people at those places are total morons and their prices are not the greatest. I refuse to buy firearms form those places.

Nice guns though! 

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 09:45:48 AM »

Since you can purchase weapons almost anywhere in Fl. Is there a good site or place to verify they are not stolen, other than going to local PD? If buying a weapon from individual what is the best way to protect yourself,a bill of sale with the complete description & serial #?

SpeedQuest

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 11:18:27 PM »

The Glock 30 .45 is an excellent gun for a CCW carrier...  It's looks are deceiving in that it is small, but packs a great punch while still being managable. 
Ynot0323
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 07:40:15 AM »

Bushwacker, your best bet is to get a bill of sale, with the sellers name and identifying detail, such as drivers license #, with make,model,serial # of firearm, signed over to you the buyer, with your DL #..

This way if anything ever comes up, you show the bill of sale, and they can go back to the seller if need be..

Tony
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 11:39:43 AM »

Bushwacker, your best bet is to get a bill of sale, with the sellers name and identifying detail, such as drivers license #, with make,model,serial # of firearm, signed over to you the buyer, with your DL #..

This way if anything ever comes up, you show the bill of sale, and they can go back to the seller if need be..

Tony
that is what I did but the sale took place in a police station it was witnessed and logged but dont just walk in with it I went in let them know what I wanted and a Serg. went with me to the car to retrieve it.

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 12:05:44 PM »

LOL yea walk in with it drawn....."Hey Fella's I need some help with a bill of sale for this" Huh Shocked

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com