Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Raise your hand if your employer has started making cuts/letting people go  (Read 7528 times)
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: October 07, 2008, 04:39:33 PM »

I havent been let go or anything - but as of today, the layoffs have begun Sad

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 04:41:13 PM by SkyHighT100 » Logged

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 04:48:42 PM »

Mine started in late 2007.

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 05:03:36 PM »

I haven't let anyone go yet but I have had to make considerable cut backs.  The number one thing was insurance, BCBS was costing me $400 per person at 9 employees for a total of 3600 a month.  We have switched to Avalon and for around $1800 a month which includes prescriptions.  Also my wife and I haven't been taken paychecks just to keep money in our business to make payroll.  Its hard on all of us Undecided

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 05:07:36 PM »

I have already loaned out $1500 to my employees to help them out.  Hopefully they will remember that if things get real hard.  My grandfather told me years ago "Son, its better to have people owe you than you owe them."  I have always  tried to live by that, it means a lot to me.  I can always hold my head high if I do live by that.

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 05:07:53 PM »

We have seen some people let go and even more hours cut.Even with all the goofing off I do one here, I've been the top producer in the company for the last  3 years in a row. I think I will be the second to last one to go, only because I don't speak Spanish.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 05:10:19 PM by TRX450R_Racer » Logged

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 05:11:52 PM »

We have seen some people let go and even more hours cut.Even with all the goofing off I do one here, I've been the top producer in the company for the last  3 years in a row. I think I will be the second to last one to go, only because I don't speak Spanish.

Hey I am a Cuban that can't speak spanish LOL sorry I shouldn't keep bring this up but I couldn't resist  Roll Eyes
I won't say anymore.

cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 05:56:05 PM »

I haven't let anyone go yet but I have had to make considerable cut backs.  The number one thing was insurance, BCBS was costing me $400 per person at 9 employees for a total of 3600 a month.  We have switched to Avalon and for around $1800 a month which includes prescriptions.  Also my wife and I haven't been taken paychecks just to keep money in our business to make payroll.  Its hard on all of us Undecided

That's pretty good for insurance though...

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
KAW3604x4

I am a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 06:04:24 PM »

We are one of the few companies that are still hiring for some positions in the Engineering field. We have been on the NO OVERTIME for, pretty much, all year starting from January. I have been working as many as 4 10s as I can to avoid driving in to work for a couple of hours on Fridays.

I used to get 10-20 hours O/T a week. That was my play money and I don't get to play much anymore.

2007 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L FX4 w/Tow Command
09 Suzuki King Quad 750 Rockstar 4X4 27" ITP Mud Lites
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 07:22:44 PM »

That $400 per person per month was hardly any coverage with BCBS, the plan I had when it came up for renewal was going to be $700 per person per month so I had to cut coverage back.  I HATE INSURANCE.... yet I have to deal with everyday LOL I chose this business so I shouldn't complain  Wink

I do understand the no OT I have one hourly employee he about flipped a lid when I asked him to not work any OT unless I had cars that needed to go.  I paid him till 5:30 last Friday and he left at 3:00 while I was gone in a meeting.  Oh well, duely noted.

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 07:31:07 PM »

you know its getting bad when Publix is cutting hours, im part time and get 15 or so a week. thats not workin out so im switchin to full time meat cutter in a week. most of it is set. have to clear it with one more person. but, its getting really bad.
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 07:40:51 PM »

TRX450R_Racer I know there was some Yiddish language tutorial albums in that stack I gave you NO espano~L TUTOTRIALS?

It is bad I know first hand because I just laid myself off Shocked Sucks being self employed sometimes.

apkkfx400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 07:43:50 PM »

I work at a light/heavy truck dealership in O-town and they started cutting hourly people a few months back.  Now even more recently they have had to cut the ones not cutting it in the commission/flat rate positions.  It's scary times in every work enviroment, but especially for me with all the dealerships in the recent headlines nationwide!!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed our dealership pulls thru these rough times and we can get thru this year.  I have been there approx 3yrs and still love it.  We're a small dealer so hopefully that will get us thru!  

Mark
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 07:47:33 PM »

TRX450R_Racer I know there was some Yiddish language tutorial albums in that stack I gave you NO espano~L TUTOTRIALS?

It is bad I know first hand because I just laid myself off Shocked Sucks being self employed sometimes.

I couldn't understand it.

Turboderf
Supreme Member

**HONDA** WARRANTY **SUCKS**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »

I work for myself and was thinking of letting myself go  Wink things are hard out here no ones has any money to fix there cars or maybe the cars stopped breaking down.. i guess i just try to hang on ..
Sleazy_Rider78

Old enough to know better, still too young to care

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 10:53:57 PM »

Welcome!  I survived the first round of the axe at the CPA firm.  I am afraid that there will be another before the end of the year.  I will post my resume on the open discussion forum if I do get sent to the chopping block in the second round.  Undecided

www.myspace.com/mlatcham
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 11:57:29 PM »

I havent been let go or anything - but as of today, the layoffs have begun Sad

SkyHigh,hopefully the cuts don't make it down to you. We are tightening the reigns a little too but luckily no lay offs. The regular complainers that are never happy,are finally starting to see how lucky they really are considering what is happeneing to other companies all around us. If your pay has not been cut or even cut considerably,and you still have a job consider it a blessing in this day and age. It's better to have a job that may not be perfect than to have no job at all.That seems like a common sense statement,but it wasn't a year ago. My daughter graduated last year and is taking a little hiatus from school and is finding it difficult to even find a part time job. I'm thankfull every day for my job and feel for anyone that is without or on the bubble. Good luck at your job.
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 12:45:45 AM »

No, it has nothing to do with republicans or the idiots George Bush policies.  The fact the dow dropped over 800 points in the last 2 days has nothing to do with you and your votes for republicans.  You reap what you sew.
asmart82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 07:39:48 AM »

You know its funny.  I've been reading all this stuff Fish has been posting for a few days, trying to figure out how a grown @$$ man could have nothing better to do in life.  I'm guessing he got laid off too.

Anyways, I was just reading this post and am sorry to hear some of the stuff on here.  Luckily I still have my job and feel pretty secure AT THE MOMENT.  But, then I get to this final post and read it and am was thinking, gee, what does this have to do with the post I just read.  Then I glance over at the username, and BAM.  It all made since.  I honestly believe now, that everyone should start giving Fish so much crap and start feeling sorry for this poor poor boy who has no job and nothing better to do in his day than post how democratic he is in threads that have nothing to do with politics!

So, on to the actual topic at hand, I work at UCF and they have managed to not lay anyone off.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact we just eclipsed 50,000 students but we are definately NOT hiring.  I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the economy doesn't go in the tank completely as then it won't matter who has a job or not.  What will matter is who can grow and protect their own food  Wink
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 01:12:30 PM »

well, I still have my job, thank God. I wont say I feel secure in fear of jinxing myself, lol. Today the whole thing did hit me a bit. My bonus check was $90 instead of $300, lol. They're nit-picking every little thing now and docking me for stuff I was docked on months ago lol. I dont blame them I guess - but dammit it sucks Sad Especially cause Sully has a vet appointment Monday morning for his hips and I have all my bills due this week - fun fun. I'm glad to hear most of you are still hanging in there. I have a feeling we all have a very long road ahead of us. Sad

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 01:19:15 PM »

I know the feeling about the bonus checks. I was getting between $200 & $600 a month extra. In the last 13 months I got only one and it was $42.

IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2008, 03:17:01 PM »

well in I way I feel a little better... I was 3 months behind on paying my employee's bonus but yesterday I paid it... $2500  it hurt to pay it but I owed it to him.  If I have to chose between paying a vendor or an employee I would rather hold of my vendors a little more.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com