Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about L-Cross  (Read 27812 times)
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 03:33:22 PM »

I have places to ride it was that L cross sucks for the price and there is nobody there the mud is small
its a good place for sport bikes

L-CROSS is a good time.  If you want more people to be there then bring a group LOL. 

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::
Justardnck

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 11:02:37 PM »

i hope the race has more people there then last weekend. it sucked i think there was more people at the gas staition then there.  were was the band that was posted to play? or the wet T shirt? what a poor time i feel sorry for the vendors that showed up it looked like they sold nothing.

What race you talking about?
There is a race this weekend, it's the completion of another race I think. My neighbor and his cousin are racing in it which is why I was going to go. I'm not gonna now though because I don't have all that gear these guys say I need and the owners of L-Cross didn't answer my questions about the mud areas and I fear the mud areas are too small to entertain me for an entire day.

Come on out you will have fun.

Don't take this the wrong way, but aren't you being kind of picky for someone that has nowhere to ride close to home?
Well picky might not be the right choice of words. My considerations are this... cost of fuel, cost of admission and lack of information causing an uncertainty if I'll like it. If it's an hour drive (and I'm sure it is) I know where I can go that's about 1.5 hour drive that rocks! I'd love to try new  places but my neighbor and I have tried to get answers out of L-Cross for over a week and still don't have them. He was about to cancel his race there because he can't get info out of them. If your sole business is a riding park why don't they answer the people who are asking questions about riding there? If I'm limited to the mud area I'd like to know how big it is before I drag my rig there, answers like "It's big!" or "You'll like it!" are not gonna cut it because I've been sold those BS phrases before at Plant Cow-chip. It really amazes me what people call riding these days, people must have forgot what it was like to ride The Towers or Okeechobee Woods.
HVYHLR53

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2008, 01:18:57 AM »

The whole park is pretty big. The mud is how you look at it. They seem to pump allot more water in for the Adult events then the Family events or the monthly Adult events. The Adult events held every other month are pretty packed and a whole sh*t load of fun. The Labor Day event must have been the muddiest one yet, even the back road in the camp area was full of mud and ruts. This was the first weekend they opened for the new monthly Adult event, which is why nobody was there.... because nobody knows about it yet. Even when the word is out, it will probably not be as busy as the semi monthly Adult event.

These pics are from Labor Day.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 01:28:08 AM by HVYHLR53 » Logged

2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2008, 08:35:29 PM »

I'd like to know the friend that was going to cancel his race here. Just hosted a great race the past 2 days for the SSQSA round 2.This is the second year we have been hosting races for them and they cut a great 8 mile track. Every one had a great time and they will be back in March. Any organization who we have hosted races for has always come back!!! As for L-Cross being our SOLE business, THANK GOD it's not. The park is 1,200 acres in the middle of 13,000
acres that we have a commercial beef operation on that has been family owned and operated since  the 1800's. We also have a domestic livestock auction barn as well as the only exotic animal auction in the state of Florida. I am the vice chair for the glades county school board. The care taker for my husbands soon to be 100 year old aunt that lives with us. The mother of 4 the grand mother of 8 shall I go on??? Evidently you never visited the web site or made a call to the contact #or emailed me personaly. So, don't write foolish things about something we take very seriously. Angry

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2008, 09:08:45 AM »

The majority of people do not think that your bashing of L-Cross is helping matters. If it's not for you, stay away. Those folks provide a place to have fun and, in return, they get your careless criticism and constant attention from regulators who could give a rat's arse if you've any place to ride.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Justardnck

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2008, 04:40:25 PM »

The majority of people do not think that your bashing of L-Cross is helping matters. If it's not for you, stay away. Those folks provide a place to have fun and, in return, they get your careless criticism and constant attention from regulators who could give a rat's arse if you've any place to ride.
I hope your not talking about me bashing L-Cross because I'm not bashing L-cross. My friend and I were trying to get answers, I tried here and didn't get all of the answers we were looking for and my friend called L-cross several times and never got the calls back that they said they would do. In the end I didn't go because of the lack of answers to my questions, my friend did however go and he said he had a good time and he told me I would more than likely have a good time too. He said the place was bigger than he thought and had some titer totter or something that he wants to mess with next time. I just wish L-cross would have answered the questions sooner and I might have gone. I personally prefer trails with a little mud and as it turns out if I wasn't in the race I would have been limited to just the mud area. He told me the trails were pretty good though so I will give them a shot in the future.

The only bashing I did was against a different place to ride and those were clearly words of truth, as it turns out a lot of people have the same opinion as I do. As far as L-Cross, communication is the heartbeat of any business so when customers ask questions the answers need to be relatively quick and precise, we tried to get answers for close to 2 weeks between phone and this site and still didn't have them the morning of the race that my friend was in. He finally got the answers the hard way, showing up on site. He mentioned there were a lot of issues with the race and the way people were recorded in the finish but he said there was some equipment malfunction and he said these races are really just for fun anyway so he said no harm no foul.

As a result he said L-Cross was a decent place to ride.
Justardnck

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2008, 04:52:22 PM »

I'd like to know the friend that was going to cancel his race here. Just hosted a great race the past 2 days for the SSQSA round 2.This is the second year we have been hosting races for them and they cut a great 8 mile track. Every one had a great time and they will be back in March. Any organization who we have hosted races for has always come back!!! As for L-Cross being our SOLE business, THANK GOD it's not. The park is 1,200 acres in the middle of 13,000
acres that we have a commercial beef operation on that has been family owned and operated since  the 1800's. We also have a domestic livestock auction barn as well as the only exotic animal auction in the state of Florida. I am the vice chair for the glades county school board. The care taker for my husbands soon to be 100 year old aunt that lives with us. The mother of 4 the grand mother of 8 shall I go on??? Evidently you never visited the web site or made a call to the contact #or emailed me personaly. So, don't write foolish things about something we take very seriously. Angry
I did visit your site many times, not much info regarding the information I asked here on this site. You are right though I should not have assumed it was your sole business, I apologize for that. The issue still remains that the questions never got answered until he showed up in person, he didn't mind because he was in the race. I was not in the race so it was not worth the gamble to me. Maybe I should have emailed you in person but He had calls into you guys and he said he still didn't know what was happening so why would an email be any different. In the end it boils down to a communications issue, I can understand that you probably have a lot on your plate being a mother of 8 but I wouldn't think that should be an issue when it comes to business.
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2008, 09:45:19 PM »

L-cross just hosted the race. Why didn't he get the info he wanted from the producer (ssqsa). If I did not answer I'm sorry, but I just went through every correspondence I have received in the past 3 weeks and do not see anything that pertains to the race I did not answer.

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
Justardnck

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2008, 10:12:38 AM »

L-cross just hosted the race. Why didn't he get the info he wanted from the producer (ssqsa). If I did not answer I'm sorry, but I just went through every correspondence I have received in the past 3 weeks and do not see anything that pertains to the race I did not answer.
His questions pertained to spending the night there before the race, bringing friends with bikes that were not in the race, he also wanted to know if he had to pay admission to the park while he was racing. It's not he end of the world but we had questions and couldn't get much for answers. In this post a couple of the questions got answered but not all of them. I don't know if he tried to get the answers to his questions from (SSQSA) I only know that he called you guys

Is full gear needed to ride the trails when not racing? I know you need the gear if you're racing but what if you're not racing and just cruising the trails. My friend told me your trail system is pretty nice.
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2008, 03:08:52 PM »

His questions pertained to spending the night there before the race, bringing friends with bikes that were not in the race, he also wanted to know if he had to pay admission to the park while he was racing. It's not he end of the world but we had questions and couldn't get much for answers. In this post a couple of the questions got answered but not all of them. I don't know if he tried to get the answers to his questions from (SSQSA) I only know that he called you guys

Is full gear needed to ride the trails when not racing? I know you need the gear if you're racing but what if you're not racing and just cruising the trails. My friend told me your trail system is pretty nice.

you don't need any equipment to ride the mudholes and trails.......but I would suggest a functional ATV  Smiley

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

SlowJoeRacing

~~JOSEPH~~ SLOW-JOE-RACING

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2008, 03:45:56 PM »

u do need ur gear to ride the trails and motocross track

~~~SLOW-JOE-RACING~~~
JOSEPH#992 - HONDA 450R - RACER
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R - MACHANIC/PIT CREW

THANKS: MY DAD WITH ALL-TECH - SCOTT USA - GT~THUNDER - Cycle Gear - KLOTZ SYNTHETIC LUBRICANTS
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2008, 04:20:07 PM »

u do need ur gear to ride the trails and motocross track

didnt say anything about the motocross track.....of course you need your equipment for that.....as far as trails go, which trails are you talking about ?

You don't need any equipment to go on the 20-mile trail ride....and you don't need equipment to ride in the mud pits

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

SlowJoeRacing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2008, 04:59:06 PM »

u need ur gear to ride on the only trails l-cross has

~~~SLOW-JOE-RACING~~~

THANKS: MY DAD WITH ALL-TECH - SCOTT USA - GT~THUNDER - Cycle Gear - KLOTZ SYNTHETIC LUBRICANTS
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2008, 05:59:20 PM »

On the other side of the gate that is North of the MX track is a Hare Scramble track. You need full gear to go back there and ride. It isn't a parade style slow trail ride. It is a ride as fast as you want by yourself ride.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2008, 06:52:10 PM »

helamt   boots   gloves  and googles good enough     i dont got   chest protector

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
Justardnck

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2008, 06:53:52 PM »

On the other side of the gate that is North of the MX track is a Hare Scramble track. You need full gear to go back there and ride. It isn't a parade style slow trail ride. It is a ride as fast as you want by yourself ride.
I can do a clean 39mph on mine if I don't eat breakfast and I have a stiff wind behind me   Laugh
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2008, 07:10:26 PM »

helamt   boots   gloves  and googles good enough     i dont got   chest protector

I would think so, but that's u to Mark and Patti, not me.

crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2008, 07:21:51 PM »

ten four   i will check with them    they are really good people   just gotta wait for it to be dry   i dont run my bike through mud and water like i seen in the pics    it stays on pavment  or sand

2008 brute force 750

TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2008, 07:25:49 PM »

With that new intake I can understand.

wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2008, 07:41:14 PM »

If you go in on sunday for the mx track and trails can you also ride the whole park?

05 kx 250f
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2008, 07:54:22 PM »

the new intake and stuff  came  out really good   i am happy with it  its got alot more power through all the gears

2008 brute force 750

Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2008, 09:41:28 PM »

Yes, the whole park is now open every Sunday excluding Adult events. You may ride MX track, Hare scramble trails and play in the mud 8am-5pm for $20.00. Children under 12 are $5.00.

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
SlowJoeRacing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2008, 09:50:51 PM »

do u know if mark is going to keep wat me mowed for the race this past weekend mowed because after a couple months the grass is so tall u dont know where the track goes

~~~SLOW-JOE-RACING~~~

MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2008, 10:26:55 AM »

u need ur gear to ride on the only trails l-cross has

i have a utility bike and the only trails I know of is the guided trail ride.....and you dont need equipment for that......if there is some other trail system for sport bikes then so be it......not my concern

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2008, 11:34:31 AM »

You are right, there are 2 sets of trails. One is the guided trail for 25 miles. No gear necessary for that one. However, the fast hare scramble trails are where you have to have full gear. This is only open to sport racing quads and dirt bikes. The guided trail is only on Saturday morning of event weekends.

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com