Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Up for an Old School Speed Ride in Ocala Date is Up  (Read 13683 times)
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 11:38:23 AM »

Shizzit, I have to be in Miami on the 26th. I don't know if I'll be back that night, or if I'm staying through to Saturday. But if you still go, have fun, maybe we can do it again. I'm riding now, so I'm definately down for some riding.
novadave

04 yfz450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 12:13:23 PM »

I can't go on the 27th thats a saturday and i work saturdays. The 28th would be good.

HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!
SpeedQuest

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 04:31:57 PM »

T2 and all,

We staged at the Hwy 316 trailhead for the first time last weekend and it was okay.  The burmed area on the Brown Pipeline trail has been pretty flattened out.  By that I mean they knocked down all those cool tight burmed corners.  The whoops were very small and almost non-existent.  The only problem was in several areas of the Brown trail there were some sizable trees at head and neck height across the trails.  We rode all the way up to Rodman Trailhead and nothing was really whooped out.  Although it's got to be pretty rough for me not to enjoy it on my Raptor.

My vote would be staging at 316 for a one-day ride, and I would vote for the campground if we were going for both days since you can't stay overnight in the trailheads.  I can probably round up another 4-10 people if schedules permit.
Busta Nutt
Supreme Member

I love a good beer buzz early in the morning

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 05:11:55 PM »

I'll be up there this weekend. 27th i don't know.
T2
Supreme Member

It's Better To Be The Predator Than the Prey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 05:26:45 PM »

Alright I'm off of work on the 27th, not able to go on the 28th I have to work. So my next weekend off wont be until the end of Oct. Speedquest I really don't care were to start wheather it be Lk Dalancey or 316 the majority can rule. On the other issue it doesn't seem like the 27th is going to work for most peeps.

Unless we do one on the 27th whoever wants to attend the more the better and schedule another one at a later date where we can get a vote on a date that everyone can attend.

Date Nov 1st, Nov 2nd or
Nov 8th

Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 09:05:46 PM »

Whats the deal with Quaker Steak? I'm heading up there around 7 pm.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
novadave

04 yfz450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 09:09:38 PM »

T2 and all,

We staged at the Hwy 316 trailhead for the first time last weekend and it was okay.  The burmed area on the Brown Pipeline trail has been pretty flattened out.  By that I mean they knocked down all those cool tight burmed corners.  The whoops were very small and almost non-existent.  The only problem was in several areas of the Brown trail there were some sizable trees at head and neck height across the trails.  We rode all the way up to Rodman Trailhead and nothing was really whooped out.  Although it's got to be pretty rough for me not to enjoy it on my Raptor.

My vote would be staging at 316 for a one-day ride, and I would vote for the campground if we were going for both days since you can't stay overnight in the trailheads.  I can probably round up another 4-10 people if schedules permit.

That brown trail was my favorite with all the big burms. I was pretty upset when i saw that they had flattened them. I don't understand why they would do that to the burms. Just smooth out the whoops some and leave the burms alone. And another thing .Why is it when a tree falls down they cut it right at the edge of the trail and not back in the wood a few feet? When your the third or forth rider in a line it gets pretty dusty and you can't see the cut log that is sitting on the edge of the trails.

HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!
T2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 06:21:21 AM »

Whats the deal with Quaker Steak? I'm heading up there around 7 pm.
Mike I'm not going to be up there until the 24th which is next week hopefully you can make it again.

apkkfx400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 07:37:12 AM »

Tony, sounds like a good plan.  I'll see if Tim can go as well.  Don't know if I'll be on the kfx or the new dirtbike.  No conflicts so far, so I will let you know closer to the date!

Mark
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2008, 08:36:57 AM »

This is for fast riders! Not old men....

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
SpeedQuest

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 01:30:53 PM »

That brown trail was my favorite with all the big burms. I was pretty upset when i saw that they had flattened them. I don't understand why they would do that to the burms. Just smooth out the whoops some and leave the burms alone. And another thing .Why is it when a tree falls down they cut it right at the edge of the trail and not back in the wood a few feet? When your the third or forth rider in a line it gets pretty dusty and you can't see the cut log that is sitting on the edge of the trails.

Yeah I almost got tossed and/or speared a couple times.  What we need to do is make 1 ride with someone who can transport a chainsaw and just trim back anything that looks a little sketchy for speed rides!
Busta Nutt
Supreme Member

I love a good beer buzz early in the morning

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2008, 06:37:39 PM »

This is for fast riders! Not old men....
nigga please

T2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2008, 06:48:09 PM »

I have a Utility that I can haul a chainsaw so we can clear the trail if we need to, of course this needs to be a separate ride, because other wise it wouldn't be a speed ride for me Sad

So who up for the 27th and we can scheudle another ride for a later date so everyone can make it. I posted the dates already.

1FasterBlaster

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2008, 07:16:51 PM »

I don't think I will make it, I have to be in Miami on the 26th. But I'll be at Croom this weekend.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com