Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First losers!! LOL!  (Read 4230 times)
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 03, 2008, 04:51:40 PM »

Team MX SOUTH.COM got second place for the year and I had no idea we would be receiving a trophy. They awarded one big, four post trophy that I will leave with MX SOUTH and 7 plaques. The Frazier boys, Chuck, Jimmy, CJ, and Brandon took theirs. Sandy received hers and I have one for you Frank a.k.a TRX450R_Racer and one for your friend.  I'll deliver the big trophy to MX South tomorrow.
That was fun and it came right down to the wire. Southern Outlaws took home the checkered with First place!! We talked about doing our own team thing this season until FTR adopts a team series for quads. If someone would make a proposal, I bet it would pass. : ) Too bad no one showed up for the general membership meeting to have that ready. Maybe something could have been done for this season?
I wish more took this club seriously and worked with it to make it work for you. Complaining about things and not doing anything about it is dumb, so make the club work for you by being a part. Going to a meeting and speaking your mind or making a proposal is what is needed. The committees that we have all want to work for you. The negative things you read are form thre same old 5 people and more than half of them DO NOT EVEN RIDE!! So, please!, don't get sucked into their negative lives. If what is said on internet forums brings you down, please think about it for a minute and realize these are NOT the people who matter at all. They carry no weight and do nothing but bring you down for nothing. There will ALWAYS be complainers and whiners. Everything could be free and people would still complain about something. Anyone can join FTR.  Do not let the negative people that don't mean squat bring you down.
Did anyone notice the Awards Ceremony tickets? Quads on them. Did anyone notice the trophies? Quads on them. How about the tables with OMF things? Or the $50.00 gift certificate for the quadder who won the raffle. Sure beats a motorcycle tire!. LOL!! How about the Vending area. Quads everywhere. Jen and Phil Albright were there signing posters and giving GEICO things away. GT Thunder was there. Lot's of quad things this year. Change is possible. Replacing negative people with positive people is what FTR needed and did. That is what you have right now. The EC is very concerned about all classes and all ages. They do not conduct business over the internet on a forum. There is talk, but nothing official. It is a shame how the quad series ended up. Is there someone to blame? No. There are things that probably should have been done different, but it doesn't matter now. If the quad presence is strong again, there will be more discussion as to re-opening the QS series.
Sorry for rambling, but I have a lot on my mind and a lot to say. I have more but will let it go for now.  Tongue
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 08:04:47 AM by mudnuri » Logged

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 05:24:36 PM »

Brian,
  That's cool! I'm with you and didn't expect anything. Did you enjoy the banquet? See you at the first SSQSA race.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 05:54:06 PM »

Yes I will see you there. I hope you are recovering ok. The banquet was great as usual. I had to go back to my room early, though. You and everyone else missed out on some good times. Seeing Jen Albright with GEICO in the vending area was really cool, too! You've come a long way baby!!
I can't wait to see everyone in full gear soon!!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 05:56:20 PM by mudnuri » Logged

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
Southern Outlaw

To finish 1st U must 1st finish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 08:50:42 PM »

Brian, good seeing you yesterday...wow did FTR step up in a big way for the Quads....1st 2nd and 3rd place trophies for the 3 top teams and EVERYONE that was own a team received a plague....GOOD JOB FTR...

Brian, I will try to put together a proposal for the teams next year in the format we discussed last night....It was by far the highlight of the season for me, battling with MXSOUTH for the team championship down to the last race and only wining it by 1 point ...it was better then if I had won 1st in Masters...I guess I have always been a team person...Thanks again for the memories and look forward to making many more this coming up season...

oh yea there was no loser's this year in teams we ALL won!!!!!!!!!

Jen and Phil Albright...what GREAT people they are...Had our Cycle Gear booth next to the Geico both and was abe to talk and spend a little 1 on 1 time with them both and I can say this "WE" the Quad community could NOT ask for a better ammbassdor of the sport then then two...what great people they are...

TEAM OUTLAW
 "The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you
Jacob Fort

Built Fort Tough

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 10:58:05 PM »

man! i missed out on all the fun, i had to go to my sisters wedding so i couldnt make it.
slam1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 09:05:26 AM »

Man, I should have been sitting at your table. The more the people around me drank the more negative things got. I was sitting around a bunch of quad guys. The folks who were on a team may have felt catered to but alot of those who only raced their class felt left out. I think Donna and everyone did a great jobwith the banquet, my hat is off to you. The feeling I get is FTR is going to lose alot of their quad membership. Forcing the quads out is a mistake. When FTR sees the impact of the economy this season everyone is going to get the point! FTR needs to retain members.I guess we'll put the theory of those same five that Brian refered to to the test.   We'll be lucky to race at all in these trying economic times. I do think that the SSQSA series is going to be the alternative to the many disgruntaled racers. On the bright side, with limited entries first place will be attained easier.     Jon
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 11:09:35 PM by mudnuri » Logged

Jon Perkins 66C 0-400
http://www.thesportslift.com
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 09:35:12 AM »

And I wish I had been at your table to hear all the negativity. No one forced anyone out. Low turn out led to where we're at now. NOW people are complaining?? What did those people want? They should have voice their opinions at the meetings that are held JUST FOR THEM! but no-they complain to each other. And still do nothing to help.
Thank God for people like you, John, that will keep your head on straight and keep moving forward. Funny how so many complain, but no one wants to help in a club that solely depends on it. Talk about a thankless position to be in. Myself and many others have done so much to provide and continue to make a way for all.
Thank you for stepping up. There are a couple or more other parents that want to talk to you and organize something. Chuck Frazier and his brother, Brad Mann and his wife, Theresa and some others like Mike Terrango and his wife.
Dan has offered to score and FTR has offered to support. It will be the individual clubs choice for this season as to what they are going to do.
Now had something been done prior to the quad sanction meeting where only one club asked for a sanction, we might have something for this season. No one thought to call on the clubs prior to the meeting to find out who was going to put in for a sanction. If they had, they would have know in advance and a proposal for this season could have been hammered out. That didn't happen and we are where we are.
We now have a whole season to figure something out. If people say they are going to "jump ship" it is there prerogative. Just be careful of that jump. They are talking about something that has never even happened. It's America and you can do whatever you want.
It would be great if there was a series that worked for everyone. If not FTR, something else.  As for the other series, I wish it well. I really do. How do these complainers think this new series will work? It too will rely solely on people willing to help. Same scenario.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 09:37:31 AM by mudnuri » Logged

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
slam1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 10:12:13 AM »

I keep trying to tell people the grass is'nt always greener. I feel some dont realize the bikes have been here a long time. We, as quad riders need to earn our way into a strong foothold in FTR and not just be handed the key to the city! I think some are under the impression that the SSQSA will do everything and they, as racers wont have to do anything but race. They are sadly mistaken. They are in the exact same boat. I know Brett will do things differently but it's all pretty much the same when it comes down to vollunteering. Now if Brett is going to hire a crew to build tracks like the GNCC then great but I dont think that is what he has in mind. I am going to help brett set up Myakka if he needs our help. I am not jumping ship though. I have commited myself to FTR for the 08-09 season in hopes of retaining the quad membership that we have. My position does'nt allow me much power but it does show interest from the quad community and if we can pull together we may be able to see the QS back for 09-10 season. As far as the parents and other folks concerned with the kids, feel free to PM me any time on any of the quad sites. It would be so much easier to have something organized ahead of time. I'm not trying to run the show but I havent heard a whole lot from anyone on the subject. So lets get the ball rolling on this so the kids can have fun too!

Jon Perkins 66C 0-400
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 10:25:15 AM »

I will support SSQSA in every way I can. Brett is a great guy and we have become friends over the last year. In my opinion, this is the quadders second chance. If you feel short changed by FTR, here is your chance to do something about it. Here is ANOTHER entire series dedicated to you. However, like the quad series FTR provided, it requires some people to step into some pretty big shoes and Jon, you may just have to take charge. No one else seems to want to take on the responsibility, or so it seems. If you lead, I am positive others will follow.

Most just want to race (or watch). That is a fact proved in every form of racing. It is up to the 20% of the people who share the same interests that put these events on. They have to have some thick skin too because someone is always trying to knock them down for some stupid reason or another. It gets really stupid when the very people who share the same interests are the biggest jerks to those who are volunteering to do something for them.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
slam1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 11:10:41 AM »

All one can do is try to convert the jerks and open peoples eyes. This is the time to act! This is where the begining of the end is! If the trend continues the sport will be lost. It would be a shame to see a sport that could be as widely veiwed as professional MX lost due to lack of interest and lack of new talent. What I mean is if the kids cant ride ,they cant improve and move up so when the Jen Allbrights and Taylor Kisers of the sport retire there will be no one to fill their shoes. So many dont realize how lucky we are to be able to do this.

Jon Perkins 66C 0-400
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 06:27:42 PM »

66C 0-400? You gonna race this year? That would be great!
slam1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 08:20:58 AM »

Hey Mike. We missed you at the banquet. I will try to race this season but I do have a pretty full plate. Also my machine is nothing but the skeletal remains of a 400 EX, Jon picked it clean last season. The bright side, my buddy may let me barrow his YFZ, but as I have posted it needs work too. If you are staying in C we have another up and comer in our crew who will no doubt give you some good competition. Are you racing SSQSA at Myakka?

Jon Perkins 66C 0-400
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 08:17:11 PM »

I don't know what I'm doin this year for sure. I will stay in c but not sure how many races I'll run with either series. I'd like to ride all of them but with living away from home and being kinda north the south races are hard. Wish I had the time to get more involved in the clubs but it'll have to wait for about another year. I like being first loser to the young guys! What better excuse do I have than to be twice the age of my competition?  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com