Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush lifts ban on drilling!!  (Read 7761 times)
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 09:04:12 AM »

Personally I think its all a load of sh*#t..........I don't trust either side (drillers / no drillers) of this situation...one way or another Congress will find a way to stink it all up weather its bush, Obama or McCain. Some way they will find a way to our wallets and take even more out of it..instead of crying '"they can pry your gun from your cold dead fingers" we'll be saying "our WALLETS"
1. why drill now....maybe trx#9 is right but if we don't do it now the timeline of drilling will always be 5 - 7 years before you can get any oil sooo let's go ahead and drill now!!! Sh*#t they may find some resurrected fish of the coast of Florida and we'll never get to drill there so lets do it now???
2. simple supply and demand (college economics 101)
3. Bush removed the ban and already oil down $9.00 a barrel and the stock market up over $100.00 Huh  Dunno 
4. Even if we do drill in ANWAR & off the coasts and oil doesn't go down...I would rather keep the money here than send it abroad and keep funding those d&mn muslim nations that could give a rats azz about us     

It's that simple Thumbs Up

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 09:05:41 AM »

Holy Moly I can't believe I'm posting this!!!!!
Some good little tid bits in this
 Dunno

Jimmy Carter Was Right
By David Knowles
Jul 16th 2008 9:01AM
Filed Under:ePresident Bush, Democrats, Featured Stories, Energy

I realize that bashing Jimmy Carter is something of a favorite sport for many people in our country. But when it comes to energy conservation and the dismal situation we now find ourselves in regarding foreign oil dependence, and a withering auto industry, Carter's diagnosis and solutions would have largely spared us the pain we're all now feeling.

Last night, NPR's "Marketplace" ran a few excerpts of Carter's famous "Crisis of Confidence" speech (watch the entire speech here) , and it was striking to realize that if we'd simply followed the former president's 1979 energy blueprint, we'd not be in our current mess. Among the goals Carter laid out that night were:

--Never use more foreign oil than that which we ourselves produce.

--Start massive government investment to develop alternative sources of fuel.

--Mandate that utility companies cut their use of oil by 50%, and switch to alternative fuels.

--Give $10 billion to strengthen the nation's public transportation system.

--Drastically raise CAFE standards for US automakers.

The speech called on Americans to buy energy bonds, so as to take direct ownership in America's energy policy. It advocated personal sacrifice coupled with government action, all of which was ditched by Carter's successor, Ronald Reagan, in favor of the unfettered, free-market approach. That attitude has continued to persist, and was evident in President Bush's address yesterday in which he refused to prod the country into even attempting to conserve.

To Bush-once an oil man, always an oil man-the only solution is more drilling. Unfortunately, even if we hit a gusher on the first try, more domestically produced oil won't have an effect on current gas prices for may years to come. So here we are, grasping for short-term solutions to problems that always required long-range thinking.

It's too bad the country didn't follow through with Carter's plan. But his words still ring true, as this line from the speech:

"Every act of energy conservation like this is more than just common sense-I tell you it is an act of patriotism."

So what has happened to him in recent years then....................senility Undecided

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com