Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How 'Bout Those Rays?!?!  (Read 22039 times)
k.p.
Supreme Member

6 in a row makes it go!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2008, 01:26:51 PM »

The last inning all the cheering and cow bells and saying 2 more outs for the rays going to the world series, 1 more out...  I was so nervous and anxious as soon as they won i jumped out of bed and started cheering.  It was a good night both my teams won the Bucs and the Rays.  Now if only the Lightning could win some games

that will never happen, but way to think positive  Wink  its all about the Stars

but i cant say i'm a fan of the rays...i like the cardinals, but im rootin for the rays cause it pisses my friends off cause they like philly lol
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2008, 06:36:34 PM »

the rays its just amazing for the 10 years being a team or w/e they were last place I think for 9 years now they are 1st and have the lowest salary out of all the teams.  I always like seeing the underdogs win.  i cant wait for the game tonight.  last night man they were throwin some fast pitches and then what was up with all of those balls hittin the dirty

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2008, 01:34:46 PM »

the rays its just amazing for the 10 years being a team or w/e they were last place I think for 9 years now they are 1st and have the lowest salary out of all the teams.  I always like seeing the underdogs win.  i cant wait for the game tonight.  last night man they were throwin some fast pitches and then what was up with all of those balls hittin the dirty

4th lowest actually.

27 Devil Rays $44,936,263
28 Nationals $39,811,000
29 Pirates $39,162,008
30 Marlins $35,544,833

I'm not a Rays fan but I'm pulling for them to win either way. They are still an underdog to me

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2008, 10:04:38 AM »

Go Rays!

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2008, 10:31:47 AM »

Eeew. Last night's game was ugly. Even the Phillies pitcher got a home run. The last time a pitcher got a HR in the World Series was in 1974. I think I need a pep talk from Joe Maddon.

FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2008, 03:48:39 PM »

Last night what an embarassment!  Rays didnt play good ball but the umpires were terrible too.  I think the Rays just dont like the cold.  I saw them all trying to warm themselves up all the time.

2004 Honda 400EX
YELLOW RR

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2008, 04:49:46 PM »

Fightin' Phills cant be beat.........better luck next year Cry Rays!!

PHILLIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2007 LTR450
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2008, 06:47:39 PM »

It's a mixture of things. First of all, The Rays have proven all year that they are a MUCH better team than the Phillies. When they are on they are unbeatable by any team in MLB. The AL East was the toughest division of both leagues and we conquered.
The Umps just plain suck, They have made BAD calls all series, Granted, they are making bad calls against both teams but those missed calls kill a teams morale.
The cold is killing them, Longo and Pena need to get out of their slump and Aki needs to clear his head from his errors last night. If they have their MOJO tonight then we will win the series at home.

GO RAYS!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 06:49:31 PM by Da_Mtg_Man » Logged

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2008, 07:04:29 PM »

I honestly couldn't tell you the name of any baseball player on either team.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2008, 08:45:31 PM »

Wanna debate  baseball?  Grin

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2008, 09:16:03 PM »

hate to say it but by the look of the game so far Phillies = World Series Champions.  Maybe the Rays could surprise me

2004 Honda 400EX
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2008, 09:35:38 PM »

It would help if the freaking umps would make the right calls. That 2nd to last pitch to Navi was ball 4 and he called it a strike. Seems to me like someone doesn't want to have a true worst to first team.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2008, 10:36:33 PM »

awww yeah Rays are lookin decent.
nanaparty
That weather man i'm glad i'm not there.  Cold, windy, rainy, then a little snowy. 

2004 Honda 400EX
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2008, 11:59:03 PM »

So what you guys think about this suspendment? First game in world series history to get stopped like that. Allot of ticked off fans imo. But i mean when its raining and the windchill is 31 its kinda like ok..yeah this is crazy. But dont you find it odd that they stopped it right when it was tied even knowing that they could had stopped it before that tying run and let philly win?

LOL also did you guys hear that the hotel tampa was staying in was booked after they left so the have to drive like 30min away to find a hotel? Its so funny im watching the guys on espn right now sitting in a dugout because their desk  is soaked and the skybox isnt safe to be in with the wind. So funny.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:00:43 AM by MadMudder » Logged

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2008, 11:17:01 AM »

What horrible weather! You got to give Upton and Pena all the credit and respect they deserve for scoring in those conditions. Just when Joe Buck got done saying the field was in too poor condition to run the bases, Upton takes off and steals 2nd. Then Pena finally gets a hit. They saved the series. Obviously the decision to suspend the game was a lot easier to make with the score tied. It would have been a complete injustice to end the game, and the series, after 6 1/2 innings. I wouldn't want to win like that either. The weather up there in Philly today looks worse! We will just have to wait and see what happens.

mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2008, 03:30:40 PM »

I just heard the game is postponed tonight. They will try it for tomorrow night. I also heard on the radio the bulk of the umpires are from the National league and one lives in Philly and one used to play for Philly. Hmmmm....

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

The more people I meet, the more I like my dog..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2008, 08:24:23 PM »

It was snowing in downtown Philadelphia today. It's going to be interesting to start a game in the middle of the 6th inning. I hope they can pull it off and bring the series back to the Trop.

-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2008, 09:07:42 PM »

What horrible weather! You got to give Upton and Pena all the credit and respect they deserve for scoring in those conditions. Just when Joe Buck got done saying the field was in too poor condition to run the bases, Upton takes off and steals 2nd. Then Pena finally gets a hit. They saved the series. Obviously the decision to suspend the game was a lot easier to make with the score tied. It would have been a complete injustice to end the game, and the series, after 6 1/2 innings. I wouldn't want to win like that either. The weather up there in Philly today looks worse! We will just have to wait and see what happens.

yeah you can tell the Rays in peticular dont like the cold.  I cant even imagine trying to play in weathe rlike that or even watching the game in weather like that.  It looked miserable and I laughed because I know tomorrow will be sunny and 65 degrees.

2004 Honda 400EX
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2008, 10:19:44 PM »

Good one Mike.
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2008, 10:22:55 PM »

I just heard the game is postponed tonight. They will try it for tomorrow night. I also heard on the radio the bulk of the umpires are from the National league and one lives in Philly and one used to play for Philly. Hmmmm....

The longer they postpone it the better. I would love for it to go to the last game.
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2008, 06:29:04 AM »

Good one Mike.

Of course he doesn't. I'll kick his ass in this department. Grin

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
YELLOW RR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2008, 12:29:49 PM »

Philly...the city that loves ya back Kiss

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/33431424.html

2007 LTR450
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2008, 10:12:26 PM »

Well, It was a great season. GO RAYS!!!!!!!!!!
We're proud of you for going as far as you did.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2008, 10:16:19 PM »

Yeah it still sucks. You have to give it to Philly though. Regardless,like you said.It was a great season.
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2008, 08:22:25 AM »

Well, all I've got to say is....

Son of a beeeeeyyaaatch!!  I guess it happens all the time (Yankees are the best example); the tools that seem to get a team to The Series fall to the side.  Not to blame just these guys but where was Evan's bat?  What happened to the pitching staff, especially Kasmir and Garza?  Even Balfour seemed to struggle.  What's with the heroics in the 8th, sending the runner home, falling for the faked throw to 1st?  Christ, we use that tactic on my Little League team that I coach and it rarely fakes the kids out.  Oh well, like you said above, it was a good run.  At least I called the Rays to The Series on July 1!  They have talent and they still have next year.  Go Rays!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com