Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Geico sucks!!  (Read 15531 times)
1FasterBlaster

« on: June 16, 2008, 05:41:24 PM »

When I financed my Tahoe, I contacted geico to get full coverage insurance. When I got into the accident, my lawyer informed me that I'm able to get $20,000. from my policy under the uninsured motorist. When my lawyer contacted Geico, they said,"That's not covered under my policy."
   They give me coverage for everything...but that. So, they are screwing me out of $20,000. because they say there is two forms of full coverage and you have to specifically request uninsured motorist. They explained all the coverage to me when I got the policy, except for that...how convienent for them!! You pay every month for insurance, and when you need it, they find some way to screw you.
   Insurance companies are suck head leeches. I hope they crash and end up parallized!!
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 05:55:45 PM »

I am not trying to be ugly here, but maybe you should start taking time to read the paperwork on these deals you get into.   
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 05:57:09 PM »

I really like Geico. I just switched from the total ripoff esurance and cut my bill in half. I remember having to explicitly reject uninsured motorist when I got it.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 06:29:55 PM »

I agree with JackL. I have never gotten insurance and not had to reject it or accept it.

You must not remember that.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 06:55:45 PM »

Insurance companies are the scum of the earth. There job is to give you nothing and thats what they do. I can't go 5 minutes of watching t.v. and not see a insurance commercial. It must be a good business to through around that kind of money on advertising. To bad they got all our politicians by the pocket book. Angry

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 07:24:27 PM »

I have Amica, they do an awesome job.  I've heard that Allstate is the worst one to deal with.

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 07:46:57 PM »

Owning a Collision Repair Shop I have all kinds of horror stories but I can say that to me the MOST advertised insurance companies are the worst to deal with (from my end) it seems to me the spend the money on advertising and not customer service and satisfaction.  The least (or less) advertised companies seem to care more about their customer and a quality repair instead of trying to cut every corner so they can pay for advertisement.  Right now (a few hours ago) a good customer of mine has a brand new Lexus the whole door has damage so we wrote it to skin the door (brand new part) now Progressive says "nope" we will only pay to repair it.  Which means mud (bondo) on the WHOLE door, on a brand new $60,000 Lexus.  It can be repaired but it is not what my customer wants.  It is hard to be in business and have 100% customer satisfaction when insurance is involved.  Sorry about the rant I feel for you man.  Good luck all insurance's jobs are to find a way NOT to pay I promise you that.  If you have a good lawyer have him look over your new policy (if you change) before you sign.  I could go on and on LOL but I won't... again good luck.

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 08:26:07 PM »

I thought the law stipulated the owner has the right to say if it's repaired or replaced, just like you can refuse the cheap knock off parts and demand factory new parts, that is the law.

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 08:47:08 PM »

I thought the law stipulated the owner has the right to say if it's repaired or replaced, just like you can refuse the cheap knock off parts and demand factory new parts, that is the law.

I know you REALLY have to read over what you sign... but in this case he was a "claimant" he has no policy with Progressive.  Progressive's insured was at fault.  Another thing you might not know I guarantee you when you sign your policy you give them the right to use aftermarket and used parts.

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
eldiablo64
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 09:56:45 PM »

evrey time I renew I have to sign A paper for what I don't want.

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 02:04:44 PM »

I just told them over the phone I wanted full coverage since my vehicle is financed. The rep explained everything on the policy except the uninsured motorist. My bad for trusting an insurance company to ensure I get what I asked for. Even worse, when my lawyer first filed the claim, Geico said I did have it. Now they're changing it.Needless to say, I'm checking new prices with other companies. I'll be damned if I'm going to continue to give them my money for two cars.
   And of course...the lawyer still gets his blood money!!
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 02:07:18 PM »

Everyone on here has good luck with almost any insurance, I personally have State Farm for everything and have had no problems (yet LOL)

wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 02:26:17 PM »

The uninsured is what really jacks up the price.

And its funny that as I reading this topic a state farm commercial came on.

05 kx 250f
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 02:30:45 PM »

Yeah, from what I've been told, it's another $400. every 6 months for 2 cars. But trust me, you want it. My neck surgery cost $40,000. The time I lost being out of work was more than $20,000.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 02:38:55 PM by ScratchupBangupBoy » Logged
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 03:37:35 PM »

Without uninsur., I'm paying $969. for 6 months for 2 vehicles. If I want the unstacked uninsur. which is $10,000. per person, it's $1051. for 6 months. If I want stacked, it's $1133. for 6 months.
   So I've paid close to $36,000. for 3 years and they wouldn't give me $20,000. for an injury accident!!
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 04:16:57 PM »

Update on the estimate we wrote for my customer going through Progressive.... Progressive came here and told us they could not skin the door and would only pay $900.  Well it went to a "Progressive" shop and now they are skining the door (no bondo) and the estimate is up to $1500.  I can not begin to explain how upset this makes me.  They sit there and make my shop look like over priced crooks and then they do that.  They train thier people on how to get cars pulled from my shop!!! Angry Bastards!!! Oh and you can bet your a$$ Geico does the same!!

Anoriginal

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 04:36:44 PM »

I despise insurance companies and love to nail them to the cros every chance I get.

I will tell you this, you cannot sleep when it comes to insurance. You can't just tell them something and expect it will be or is done. You MUST read everything....TWICE. If you do not understand something, make them explain it over and over until you do understand. Make sure you see everything you want in writing. Then, make sure you review your policy statements of coverage as they are sent to you to be sure nothing you want drops off your policy.

Just my .02.  Wink
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 06:02:39 PM »

I know that now, they just screwed me out of $20,000., what a mistake on my part for trusting they would take care of it over the phone. And don't go with AIG, their quote for uninsured was $1500. for 6 months.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 08:34:17 PM »

Without uninsur., I'm paying $969. for 6 months for 2 vehicles. If I want the unstacked uninsur. which is $10,000. per person, it's $1051. for 6 months. If I want stacked, it's $1133. for 6 months.
   So I've paid close to $36,000. for 3 years and they wouldn't give me $20,000. for an injury accident!!

$2,000 a year X 3 years = $6,000 and half of that is for another vehicle. Where do you get $36,000?

Update on the estimate we wrote for my customer going through Progressive.... Progressive came here and told us they could not skin the door and would only pay $900.  Well it went to a "Progressive" shop and now they are skining the door (no bondo) and the estimate is up to $1500.  I can not begin to explain how upset this makes me.  They sit there and make my shop look like over priced crooks and then they do that.  They train thier people on how to get cars pulled from my shop!!! Angry Bastards!!! Oh and you can bet your a$$ Geico does the same!!

I do not miss dealing with insurance companies at a collision shop. You need to find a large fleet or two to fill your bays.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 09:31:38 PM »

$2,000 a year X 3 years = $6,000 and half of that is for another vehicle. Where do you get $36,000?

I do not miss dealing with insurance companies at a collision shop. You need to find a large fleet or two to fill your bays.

Funny you should say that we just wrote up 70 letters to various business with fleet (small and big) in the area trying to get some accounts.  I have a Honda and Acura dealer but I know they use other shops as well as mine. 

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 09:52:36 PM »

Funny you should say that we just wrote up 70 letters to various business with fleet (small and big) in the area trying to get some accounts.  I have a Honda and Acura dealer but I know they use other shops as well as mine. 

I did big trucks for most of my time in the business so it was nearly all fleet work. It is nice doing the same vehicles and color over and over with no hassles from insurance companies and even the owners of the vehicles...haha, as I'm sure you already know.

PGT has a giant fleet of vans on your side. Bet they would be a great contract judging how well they treat the employees.

cg54329

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 09:56:36 PM »

insurance quickly charge for insurance,but when its time for them to pay up, u better be ready to put up a fight
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 03:56:55 PM »

I have Amica, they do an awesome job.  I've heard that Allstate is the worst one to deal with.

Not in my experience Allstate. I had my truck burn to the ground a little over a year ago and they went out of their way to take care of me. They included things that they could have easily ignored and my rates didn't change when I got another vehicle. That was after a $30k claim.

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 04:09:40 PM »

If you guys wanna be mad at insurance companies just watch  Sicko

05 kx 250f
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 05:31:05 PM »

Oh God......not a Michael sleeper fan Grin

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com