Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Domestic Oil Drilling, Please Help  (Read 7503 times)
Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

The more people I meet, the more I like my dog..

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 12, 2008, 11:11:01 PM »

If you think that oil companies should be able to drill in states like Alaska, please visit this website and show your support! If we were able to drill in Alaska, the gas prices would go down to a very reasonable price and we would not need to rely nearly as much on foreign countries for oil. Therefore, countries like Saudi Arabia would stop charging over 140$ a barrel and gas prices would not be an issue. If the insane environmentalists would stop saying that we are killing all of the Polar Bears and causing global warming (which is complete bs) then gas would not be nearly as much a problem.

http://www.americansolutions.com/
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 11:13:06 PM by Team Alba Z400 Rider 43 » Logged

-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 11:14:09 PM »

If you think that oil companies should be able to drill in states like Alaska, please visit this website and show your support! If we were able to drill in Alaska, the gas prices would go down to a very reasonable price and we would not need to rely nearly as much on foreign countries for oil. Therefore, countries like Saudi Arabia would stop charging over 140$ a barrel and gas and gas price would not be an issue. If the insane environmentalists would stop saying that we are killing all of the Polar Bears and causing global warming (which is complete bs) then gas would not be nearly as much a problem.

http://www. americansolutions. com/

AMEN brotha. i hate them enviromentalists too.
rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 11:19:10 PM »

Clapper

98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.
Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

The more people I meet, the more I like my dog..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 11:20:28 PM »

Come on fellas, lets get this thing goin!

-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 12:01:02 AM »

Come on fellas, lets get this thing goin!

i signed up to that link...

the environmentalist need to stop, seriously. i cant even begin to describe how much they piss me off. they make us beg our neighbors for oil when we have more than they do in our own country. we have 3 times the oil in Colorado alone than the the saudies have. not to mention Alaska or the Gulf of Mexico.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 12:04:00 AM by Chevy1500z71 » Logged
rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 12:02:38 AM »

its because of that damn video al gore made

98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 12:05:48 AM »

we would rather spend billions trying to make a car run on farts and jelly beans when we could be using that money to drill for our own oil.

and then when we do make cars run on hydrogen fuel cells, what about 18 wheelers or farm equipment? how about the military? yea, i think oil is the only answer...
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 08:34:15 AM »

If you think that oil companies should be able to drill in states like Alaska, please visit this website and show your support! If we were able to drill in Alaska, the gas prices would go down to a very reasonable price and we would not need to rely nearly as much on foreign countries for oil. Therefore, countries like Saudi Arabia would stop charging over 140$ a barrel and gas prices would not be an issue. If the insane environmentalists would stop saying that we are killing all of the Polar Bears and causing global warming (which is complete bs) then gas would not be nearly as much a problem.

Once again, folks, the oil producing export countries (OPEC) do not set the prices; only the production quotas.  The prices are set in commodity exchanges around the world but mostly on Wall Street at the NYMEX.  This huge surge in prices is mostly due to speculation in the markets.  Yes, demand for oil is increasing around the globe but not at a rate that would justify these price increases.  For what it's worth, perhaps it's prudent to let OPEC pump themselves dry before we utilize our reserves; it would certainly turn the tables on them in a bigger way than buying a bunch of Huyandais.   Wink

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
asmart82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 09:47:17 AM »

I always assumed that we didn't drill here because we were using up everyone elses oil and saving ours for us when the rest of the world had none.  Makes sense to me!  Especially sense it is a finite commodity
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 09:52:39 AM »

We buy it from everywhere and pump it in the ground here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Petroleum_Reserve

Of course we are going to use everyone else's up before we get into our own supply. Works the same way with beer.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 09:53:50 AM »

Once again, folks, the oil producing export countries (OPEC) do not set the prices; only the production quotas.  The prices are set in commodity exchanges around the world but mostly on Wall Street at the NYMEX.  This huge surge in prices is mostly due to speculation in the markets.  Yes, demand for oil is increasing around the globe but not at a rate that would justify these price increases.  For what it's worth, perhaps it's prudent to let OPEC pump themselves dry before we utilize our reserves; it would certainly turn the tables on them in a bigger way than buying a bunch of Huyandais.   Wink
Productions quotas are rigged. We are using 10% less oil than we did a year ago and the prices are still going up. Plus 10% of unleaded is now ethanol and the price still goes up. Get the oil man out of office and you'll see the prices drop. We went through the same $hit when Bush senior was in office, thank god he didn't get a second term.
If we started drilling for more oil here it wouldn't reach our markets for another 5 to 10 years and that doesn't guarantee our prices will fall. We already receive 70% of our oil from the America's anyways. If we start drilling for oil here OPEC will decrease there production over there and the prices will rise anyways.
I rather pay 10 cents more a gallon for gas than have thousands of oil rigs of our shores. I much rather see them drill in the great plains than off our shore.
Diggin tell me why everytime there's a political election here in this country the prices of gas drop. With the market staying the same.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 11:37:08 AM »

Of course we are going to use everyone else's up before we get into our own supply. Works the same way with beer.

There was an article a month or so ago that said the re-stocking of the Strategic Reserves accounted for 15% of the run-up.  I would like to remind TRX that when Gore was running for office, he proclaimed he would raise prices for gas up to $3.50/gal.  I would also like to point out that the run-up in fuel prices started just over 1-1/2 years ago.  Up to that time, fuel prices were pretty flat.  It's got nothing to do with who's in office.  BTW, fuel is up quite a bit more than $.10/gal, just in case your calculator is broken.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 11:42:02 AM »

There was an article a month or so ago that said the re-stocking of the Strategic Reserves accounted for 15% of the run-up.  I would like to remind TRX that when Gore was running for office, he proclaimed he would raise prices for gas up to $3.50/gal.  I would also like to point out that the run-up in fuel prices started just over 1-1/2 years ago.  Up to that time, fuel prices were pretty flat.  It's got nothing to do with who's in office.  BTW, fuel is up quite a bit more than $.10/gal, just in case your calculator is broken.
I think Al Gore was talking about taxing gas more. How could a president have the power to raise fuel prices otherwise. Wink

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 11:48:11 AM »

If we had had the misfortune to have Gore as President, he could have raised the gas in several ways.  I think personally he would have used the Global Warming Carbon Credit scam.
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 08:37:01 AM »

I think Al Gore was talking about taxing gas more. How could a president have the power to raise fuel prices otherwise. Wink

The end result would be the same; $3.50/gal gasoline.  Typical Democrat mentality; tax the hell out of everything and give it away to people who won't take responsibility for themselves.  Imagine where fuel prices would be now had Gore had his way.

trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2008, 10:14:18 AM »

The end result would be the same; $3.50/gal gasoline.  Typical Democrat mentality; tax the hell out of everything and give it away to people who won't take responsibility for themselves.  Imagine where fuel prices would be now had Gore had his way.
I don't think Gore would have been taking trip to the middle east holding the royal king of Saudi Arabia hand. And then selling him lazier guided bombs for half price. Remember 16 out of 18 911 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia and the money that finance 911 came from Saudie's government officials and oil executives.
Wake up Diggin, see your party for what it is. "WAR AND GREED"  Undecided

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2008, 11:59:14 PM »

you mean im drivin a rice burner because of a stupid polar bear wtf thats the dumbest thing i ever heard i aint even ever seen a polar bear nor will i ever especially if gas prices dont go down at this point i would personally kill every polar bear in alaska for gas to be under $2 a gallon and ive never seen a dinosaur for that matter i dont give a crap so what there exctinct big friggen deal                                                   just my $0.02 or should i say 3.99 a gallon

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 03:45:50 AM »

I spend $40 extra dollars now filling up my tank. It's only 28 gallons Huh

Good thing I only put $15 a day in. That knocks me down to $95 a week.

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2008, 09:36:58 AM »

I don't think Gore would have been taking trip to the middle east holding the royal king of Saudi Arabia hand. And then selling him lazier guided bombs for half price. Remember 16 out of 18 911 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia and the money that finance 911 came from Saudie's government officials and oil executives.
Wake up Diggin, see your party for what it is. "WAR AND GREED"  Undecided

Wow, I never knew the Saudis were Republican.   Nerd  Geez.  Just when I start to give you a little credit, you go and prove what I've always suspected; you don't have a clue.  You are so ate up with Democratic far-left rhetoric, you couldn't see the truth even if someone bolted an electric dog collar around your neck and shocked the hell out of you everytime you said something stupid.  ZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAPPPPPPP!!!  There, I hope you feel a little smarter now.  Cheesy  One other thing, I don't care who was in the White House, this country was going to the Middle East after 9/11.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 09:50:37 AM by digginfool » Logged

quadracer1992
Supreme Member

***Anthony*** **FF+J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2008, 10:26:44 AM »

If we have oil rigs off our shore its just more targets for the cloverfield monster to destroy. Wink

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 09:14:49 PM »

The oil companies already have 32 million acres of prime ocean in the gulf of mexico that they can use but choose not to. Why would they want to drill for more oil, that would over load production and the price would plummet.
Diggin you need to do some real research and quit getting your knowledge from Limbaugh and beck. I guarantee there in the pockets of the oil lobbyist too. Wink

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 08:41:33 AM »

Saudis are going to kick out an extra 200,000 barrels a day. Guess they realised we will come for it if the prices stay the way they are.

UN chief says Saudi Arabia to raise oil output by 200,000 barrels in July

JEDDAH (Thomson Financial) - Saudi Arabia is to raise its oil production by 200,000 barrels in July in response to heightened demand, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said Sunday after meeting with the country's oil minister.

'The Saudis did increase production in June by 300,000 barrels. For the month of July, it will be an increase of 200,000 barrels in response to requests from customers,' Ban told reporters on board a plane from Jeddah to London, citing his talks with Saudi oil minister Ali al-Naimi.

'He said there seems to be a misunderstanding. The Saudis have been responsibly reacting to requests from their customers,' the UN chief said of Al-Nuaimi.

'They (the Saudis) will respond positively whenever there is a request from customers, so there is no shortage.'

Ban earlier said his talks on Saturday with Saudi King Abdullah had focused on the link between the soaring world crude prices and the worsening food crisis, as well as on climate change.

The king had his expressed willingness to do what he could to bring oil prices down, he added.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 08:43:48 AM »

I believe that they also called for the West to reduce the taxes imposed on the oil.
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 05:43:16 PM »

at least Mr Gore is only in his own pocket...

Energy Guzzled by Al Gore’s Home in Past Year Could Power 232 U.S. Homes for a Month
Gore’s personal electricity consumption up 10%, despite “energy-efficient” home renovations

NASHVILLE - In the year since Al Gore took steps to make his home more energy-efficient, the former Vice President’s home energy use surged more than 10%, according to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research.

“A man’s commitment to his beliefs is best measured by what he does behind the closed doors of his own home,” said Drew Johnson, President of the Tennessee Center for Policy Research. “Al Gore is a hypocrite and a fraud when it comes to his commitment to the environment, judging by his home energy consumption.”

In the past year, Gore’s home burned through 213,210 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, enough to power 232 average American households for a month.

In February 2007, An Inconvenient Truth, a film based on a climate change speech developed by Gore, won an Academy Award for best documentary feature. The next day, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research uncovered that Gore’s Nashville home guzzled 20 times more electricity than the average American household.

After the Tennessee Center for Policy Research exposed Gore’s massive home energy use, the former Vice President scurried to make his home more energy-efficient. Despite adding solar panels, installing a geothermal system, replacing existing light bulbs with more efficient models, and overhauling the home’s windows and ductwork, Gore now consumes more electricity than before the “green” overhaul.

Since taking steps to make his home more environmentally-friendly last June, Gore devours an average of 17,768 kWh per month –1,638 kWh more energy per month than before the renovations – at a cost of $16,533. By comparison, the average American household consumes 11,040 kWh in an entire year, according to the Energy Information Administration.
In the wake of becoming the most well-known global warming alarmist, Gore won an Oscar, a Grammy and the Nobel Peace Prize. In addition, Gore saw his personal wealth increase by an estimated $100 million thanks largely to speaking fees and investments related to global warming hysteria.
“Actions speak louder than words, and Gore’s actions prove that he views climate change not as a serious problem, but as a money-making opportunity,” Johnson said. “Gore is exploiting the public’s concern about the environment to line his pockets and enhance his profile.”

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, a Nashville-based free market think tank and watchdog organization, obtained information about Gore’s home energy use through a public records request to the Nashville Electric Service.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research is an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization committed to achieving a freer, more prosperous Tennessee through the ideas of liberty. Visit TCPR online at: www.tennesseepolicy.org.
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 06:19:42 PM »

Who would have thought electric bills were public record. I wonder if his grocery bill is as well.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com