Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: decked jon boat- new video  (Read 42821 times)
GENERAL-Z
Supreme Member

ya i got one

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 05:27:18 PM »

were is that lake i wish i was still in naples after seeing all the fun you boys have been having

2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 05:41:10 PM »

its the quary. yes we got kicked out.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2008, 05:47:37 PM »

were is that lake i wish i was still in naples after seeing all the fun you boys have been having

that lake is the quarry. its a private community lake(like the vineyards, with a golf course and all) but the lake is HUGE, it has a fake beach, and canals with people who live on the canals with docks and sea walls, some people even had about 20ft boats with up to about 150hp motors right in there backyard. never seen any lake like that before... we got kicked out after the 3rd day in a row tho lol, ill give it some time. i wish i could get it registered sooner so i could take it out saltwater fishing.

you need to come down and sell me your trailer hitch, that other thing i wanted to buy(cant remember), and rob wanted to buy your sub. and if you play your cards right maybe ill take ya for a ride in the jon boat or the golf cart lol
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 05:50:27 PM »

ill get a video when its finished, i gota beef up the transom some more with some steel square bar across it. that 25hp bent the extension piece very slightly and i want to put a stop to it before it gets to be a problem.

the boat MOVES. its the golf cart on water lol
GENERAL-Z
Supreme Member

ya i got one

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2008, 06:41:27 PM »

ill get a video when its finished, i gota beef up the transom some more with some steel square bar across it. that 25hp bent the extension piece very slightly and i want to put a stop to it before it gets to be a problem.

the boat MOVES. its the golf cart on water lol
what will you think of next lol my dad say i have to sell all thous speakers in one week or hes throwing them away

2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2008, 06:48:37 PM »

come down this weekend and ill help you get rid of those speekers Wink

but seriously, try and get a Monday off or something and come down for a weekend, theres plenty of mud out thee by now and the jon boat will be ready for some fishing, not to mention the golf cart is running better than ever, it will actually pull the front wheels a foot off the ground with 2 people in it just launching it hard now...
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2008, 03:53:44 PM »

went fishing in it today, had the camera with me and decided to shoot a few videos, came out pretty crappy but they're alright...

it moves pretty good with 2 people, it refuses to keep the front down with one person in the back only, it will put the bow down to get on plane, then catch some air and lift it up, and slam it down over and over unless there is weight up front.

so i got to talk to the real owner of the boat, i sent him 50$ in exchange for all the papers so i can register it... rip off! lol
im so glad i dint have to deal with the dmv and send off a letter that he wouldn't have signed and all that crap. an noaa special agent guy(from another forum) ran my vin number, got his number, called him, and give him my number for me.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 04:00:19 PM by Chevy1500z71 » Logged
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2008, 04:47:40 PM »

I'm jealous.

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2008, 05:05:42 PM »

i found out the max hp for this boat is 7 lol.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2008, 08:41:41 PM »

REALLY? lol. 

I think it would be engraved in a persons brain to figure out that a small boat like this SHOULDNT have a 25HP Johnson hanging off the back.

How much has this whole transformation costed ya if you dont mind me asking.  We have a 14ft V-hull aluminum jon boat that just sits, wouldnt mind fixing it up and making it sea worthy again.

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2008, 08:45:53 PM »

REALLY? lol. 

I think it would be engraved in a persons brain to figure out that a small boat like this SHOULDNT have a 25HP Johnson hanging off the back.

How much has this whole transformation costed ya if you dont mind me asking.  We have a 14ft V-hull aluminum jon boat that just sits, wouldnt mind fixing it up and making it sea worthy again.

between selling the goped that it came with for 100$, and getting the motor for only 50$, then the cost of nuts and bolts... i cant do the math exactly, id say around/under 100$ maybe? the most accurate figure i can come up with is just smokin deal lol

the hull was definitely not made to go that fast, over the chop, the floor looks like a water bed its so flexy lol
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2008, 08:58:23 PM »

That definitely was a smokin deal lol.

We have a Vhull that looks like the one in the picture below, just not as nice in its current condition.  We found it floating behind our house a few years back and no one claimed it, so we got to keep it.  The transom is in rough shape but I think with some work it will be good to go.  We did put our 4HP Yamaha on the back once and it moved good through the water, so a 20HP or less would probably work good.  Ive been wanting to fix it up for awhile... lazyness. LOL

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2008, 09:07:04 PM »

REALLY? lol. 

i would have thought more like 15 would be the limit though.

engine- 50
boat - 80
carpet - 30
console - 25
solenoid - 15
hardware - maybe 100
electrical crap - maybe 30
steering cable - 15
throttle cable - 10
various other crap - maybe 50

then...
steering box/wheel - free
throttle - free
all latches on the deck - free
gas tank - free
transom - free (road sign / wood i already had)
deck wood - free

so thats 315 - 100 made on the goped = 215 split that in half and i payed $107

and thats being very generous on prices as i don't really remember exact prices.

what a deal.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2008, 09:08:13 PM »

if you boat does have that floor brace on the ransom like the pictur you posted, then your good for a 40hp in my opinion. never go with "just enough" power...NEVER. never spend money on a project if your just going to build it slow. just my opinion...

thats a sweet boat you have, would be good with a front deck and a 25-40 horse. width is everything on jon boats, and if thats a wider boat, it needs more power... mines the narrowest around, thats why that little 25 is such a hotrod on it. a 25hp on anything else would be a turd really.
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2008, 09:09:53 PM »

That definitely was a smokin deal lol.

We have a Vhull that looks like the one in the picture below, just not as nice in its current condition.  We found it floating behind our house a few years back and no one claimed it, so we got to keep it.  The transom is in rough shape but I think with some work it will be good to go.  We did put our 4HP Yamaha on the back once and it moved good through the water, so a 20HP or less would probably work good.  Ive been wanting to fix it up for awhile... lazyness. LOL

man if i were you id fix that b!tch up.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2008, 09:10:15 PM »

REALLY? lol. 

i would have thought more like 15 would be the limit though.

engine- 50
boat - 80
carpet - 30
console - 25
solenoid - 15
hardware - maybe 100
electrical crap - maybe 30
steering cable - 15
throttle cable - 10
various other crap - maybe 50

then...
steering box/wheel - free
throttle - free
all latches on the deck - free
gas tank - free
transom - free (road sign / wood i already had)
deck wood - free

so thats 315 - 100 made on the goped = 215 split that in half and i payed $107

and thats being very generous on prices as i don't really remember exact prices.

what a deal.

your leaving out the fact that the guy didnt really make us pay 50$ for the engine, he gave us the motor along with 150$ for the billy goat that we would have never sold otherwise...
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2008, 09:13:32 PM »

yea but $50 is what he was asking for it, and 200 is what he wanted to pay for the billy goat.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2008, 10:16:26 PM »

It has a longer brace that goes along the whole back.  I'm going to go look it over tomorrow real good and see what I have to work with.  With my luck it probably has some sort of deteriorating going on with it.

The transom will need a good amount of reinforcing to handle anything like a 40HP motor.  I don't want anything to big, I plan on going tiller not console.  Takes up too much room in my opinion.

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2008, 10:17:45 PM »

any john boat will need some wood on the transom to handle any real power. just a wood piece and an aluminum plate over top will be enough.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2008, 10:36:13 PM »

any john boat will need some wood on the transom to handle any real power. just a wood piece and an aluminum plate over top will be enough.

It has a piece wood going across it and thats bolted down.  We did it when we put the 4HP on it.  The back itself flexed alot with just that motor, we did have a old 9HP Johnson that we were going go try on it about a year ago but were afraid the back would snap inward.  We sold that motor... wish we didn't lol.

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2008, 08:18:16 PM »

I looked at the V-hull today.  Not in that great of shape as I previously thought.  Covered in mold from all the rain we've been getting lol.  It has some rot going on in the back as you can see in the pictures. 

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2008, 08:55:55 PM »

dude, that boat is definitely worth putting some time into. you could make a pretty badass boat out of that. the transom does need alot of work tho, the transom looks week. but if you deck and floor that boat it will be in need of a 40hp, its a big boat...
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2008, 09:42:32 PM »

The transom is very thin, I would have to think of a way to really beef it up.  The rot has me worried because you can see the rail bending outward.

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Hondabeefast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2008, 09:48:46 PM »

basically just like my v-hull lol except the rot

02' Honda CR125
05' Honda 450R
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2008, 09:49:43 PM »

basically just like my v-hull lol except the rot

Is your transom setup the same way?  Its just a damn piece of aluminum riveted in every inch or so lol.  His is a one piece so I could see it being good with a 25HP Evinrude.

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com