Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Croom price going up?  (Read 18265 times)
shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2008, 10:57:03 AM »

[
What are you talking about? We mention the MOTOPLEX because it is the only place that anyone can ride at a very reasonable price in the whole state of Florida. The MOTOPLEX is the only place out there that is for US and YOU! The MOTOPLEX is the only place that listens to US and YOU. I am proud to mention the MOTOPLEX because I think it represents US, ME & YOU. He doesn't need to pay anyone because any one that rides there is like family (US, YOU, ME). I honestly don't think has has any motives other than providing a place for us to ride without a bunch of stupid restrictions and costing a butload of $$$. How much does a Sprint Cup race to get into? A lot more than the MOTOPLEX I'm sure. Why don't you ask your question about the other riding places in Florida? I don't think they are paying for advertisement here either. This is a forum where people talk about riding places and because it is the hottest thing out there it shows up in a lot of threads for that reason. If we all stood together instead of mistrusting one another we could have a lot more riding places. Come up there and ride and I bet you'll be advertising for the MOTOPLEX for FREE to!

LOL!!! Easy there pal!!! No need to get all wound up. I am not bashing the Plex at all. Obviously my comparison of name dropping the Plex being similar to hearing Sunoco in a Nascar event went right over your head.

As I mentioned I would love to get up there. I was simply pointing out the over abundance of name dropping.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 11:12:52 AM by shogun323 » Logged

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein
KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2008, 11:10:42 AM »

Croom is closer, but riding sucks. Motoplex is nice, but smaller and farther away. I would go to Croom just for the day; the Motoplex for a weekend. Especially since he's improving it.
   If he keeps getting land and makes the trails bigger, and adds more ammenities, it will be a great place. When your on a low budget like I am, Croom unfortunately is on my list first.
   You definately feel more of familiararity at the Plex, and I like that!! Wish we had more group riding enthusiast here like we use to.
How the hell does riding suck at Croom?

HONDA CRF450R
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2008, 11:18:56 AM »

Croom is closer, but riding sucks. Motoplex is nice, but smaller and farther away. I would go to Croom just for the day; the Motoplex for a weekend. Especially since he's improving it.
   If he keeps getting land and makes the trails bigger, and adds more ammenities, it will be a great place. When your on a low budget like I am, Croom unfortunately is on my list first.
   You definately feel more of familiararity at the Plex, and I like that!! Wish we had more group riding enthusiast here like we use to.
How the hell does riding suck at Croom?

You must understand people that ride utilities don't like whoops. It's because they ride slower than us and can't skip accross the top of them. They like mud and smooth trails.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2008, 11:21:12 AM »

I see your point Frank, but Scratchup rides sport quads. lol

HONDA CRF450R
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2008, 11:30:08 AM »

I see your point Frank, but Scratchup rides sport quads. lol

Yea..............but from reading his posts he's too beat up for that anymore. LOL

greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2008, 11:36:56 AM »

whooped trails ALL DAY long on any quad sucks. You guys dont know what your missing if you actually enjoy croom trail riding.
Dont get me wrong, any riding is good riding, but 3' deep whoops on every square inch of 2600 acres sucks especially with the money they make off the permits.
I am sure there are plenty of people who would be more than glad to help flatten some trails out there.
KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2008, 11:48:59 AM »

That is totally exaggerated. The whoops are not 3 ft deep, and there are many trails that dont have a single whoop on them. You have to know where the good trails are. The whoops only make you faster anyway.

HONDA CRF450R
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2008, 12:15:22 PM »

whooped trails ALL DAY long on any quad sucks. You guys dont know what your missing if you actually enjoy croom trail riding.
Dont get me wrong, any riding is good riding, but 3' deep whoops on every square inch of 2600 acres sucks especially with the money they make off the permits.
I am sure there are plenty of people who would be more than glad to help flatten some trails out there.

We're not "trail riding" we're "race training." The trails at Croom are perfect for training for the FTR. The beat you into shape and make you stronger and faster. It all depends on what you like, everyone doesn't have the same preference.

Like KD450 said there are some of the inner trails that don't get ridden as much as the perimeter trails that are fairly smooth. You are right though that most of the place is one big whoop.

TRXASAURUS

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2008, 12:53:20 PM »

Motoplex needs to open up another location in Hillsborough County it would REAP!!

and be great for us that cant afford to drive that far who live in the Tampa Bay Area.

If i win the Lotto, thats what the wife and i would do!

check out Tampa Bay's Newsest Dirt Site...
www.tampabayridindirty.com
shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2008, 12:57:11 PM »

For the most part, I agree with greenmachine. The whoops at croom are pretty overbearing. Though they are tolerable on the north end.
I ride there pretty much every other Saturday. I have a local spot I like much better, but I go to croom to ride with my friends.

shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2008, 12:59:16 PM »

Motoplex needs to open up another location in Hillsborough County it would REAP!!

and be great for us that cant afford to drive that far who live in the Tampa Bay Area.

Hmmmm..... Do I know you from somewhere? LOL!!!!!!!

A motoplex in southern Hillsborough would be amazing. It would likely draw in people from southern FL. Those are the guys really hosed by lack of riding spots!!!

TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2008, 01:24:37 PM »

Hmmmm..... Do I know you from somewhere? LOL!!!!!!!

A motoplex in southern Hillsborough would be amazing. It would likely draw in people from southern FL. Those are the guys really hosed by lack of riding spots!!!

You aint liein!!

shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2008, 01:50:46 PM »

See the link below:

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,32400.0.html

gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2008, 04:40:24 PM »

We're not "trail riding" we're "race training." The trails at Croom are perfect for training for the FTR. The beat you into shape and make you stronger and faster. It all depends on what you like, everyone doesn't have the same preference.

Like KD450 said there are some of the inner trails that don't get ridden as much as the perimeter trails that are fairly smooth. You are right though that most of the place is one big whoop.

haha exactly! I Love those whooped out trails!

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2008, 07:11:11 PM »

Whoops are really fun and it would be boring without them.  Skipping across them is no problem but some of them in the trails are rediculous like a few feet down and theres no way to get speed in tight stuff like that so they suck.  The trails could do with less whoops and the pit is fine as long as they stay how they are now and now how they used to be when they were trenches.   For the 1.2 million or whatever they made last year on passes keep it maintained and keep it a fun place to ride.  I would like to see a picnic area like they have in the back in the pit.  Also the trails they made turn to whoops and become crappy after a few weekends and when they plow them it was actually worse.  How i dont know but my quad was shaken so violently it was like running over huge roots the whole trail.  So maybe htey can do a better job maintaining the trails.  $70 will suck because gas prices arent going down and just to get out there isnt free.  Looks like I wont have a Croom pass 1st this year if its $70.

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done
quadracer1992
Supreme Member

***Anthony*** **FF+J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2008, 09:16:10 PM »

I love whoops i eat them for breakfast. Evil

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2008, 09:40:27 PM »

Thanks

susieblazer
Supreme Member

It's WHAT the winds blowing!! Git R Dun

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2008, 11:30:24 PM »

ok...thanks to those who answered the original question....

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2008, 12:14:45 AM »

It's not whoops that I don't like, but whoops all day long sucks azz!! And 20 ft. of no whoops don't mean it's riding. I can't ever get out of third gear there because I'm hitting the next turn. I'm a speed rider, and Croom is no place for speed riding.
   Ocala was really the only place I liked riding. Croom get's worn out when you can get clear to the other side in 20 minutes. When I go there, all I ever want to do is play in the Pit riding burms.
   And hellz no I'm not too old!!LOL...I'm getting a faster 400.
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2008, 12:18:11 AM »

If I had Elka's , I probably wouldn't of minded the whoops. Try racing and passing people with stockers...then you can talk smack.
   Plenty of people on here know how I ride.
quadracer1992
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2008, 08:43:57 AM »

If I had Elka's , I probably wouldn't of minded the whoops. Try racing and passing people with stockers...then you can talk smack.
I had Elkas and they sucked. I sold them for stock just so I could get more beat up by the whoops.

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
blaster30

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2008, 11:33:43 AM »

Croom price is going up to $60 per year, and all bikes will need to have a State Reg sticker. 

I am going tomorrow and Saturday..
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2008, 02:30:45 PM »

I had Elkas and they sucked. I sold them for stock just so I could get more beat up by the whoops.

well Elkas suck no matter what lol nah Elka's are okay but never would I buy them unless they were practically given away.  Stock rebuilds are better than most Elka's and Works.  Your joking right though how you wanted to get beat up by the whoops? lol

2004 Honda 400EX
quadracer1992
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2008, 03:36:31 PM »

well Elkas suck no matter what lol nah Elka's are okay but never would I buy them unless they were practically given away.  Stock rebuilds are better than most Elka's and Works.  Your joking right though how you wanted to get beat up by the whoops? lol
Yeah i got stock ones and rebuilt them with the money i sold the shocks for so hey free gt thunder shocks lol.

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2008, 04:33:50 PM »

Yeah i got stock ones and rebuilt them with the money i sold the shocks for so hey free gt thunder shocks lol.

nice.  I'm going to get rebuilds after i buy a truck and get some cash.  How would you rate your GTT shocks?  did you get the front and rear done?

2004 Honda 400EX
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com