Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone watch the Rigged Kimbo fight?  (Read 15977 times)
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 08:36:49 PM »

I agree they called that fight just because the guys ear was bleeding.  I thought the woman's fight was stopped early also, just because the girl had some swelling under her eye.......please.  

If you notice Kimbo was fighting in the main event, come on, he is not good enough even for the undercard.  I believe like someone else said that it is all about the money.  People want to see Kimbo fight (myself included) but he is not even close to being a good MMA fighter but I will give him credit he looked like he has been training some because he did not look totally out of place on the ground.   His last fight Kimbo fought Tank Abbott  Pig,  I mean Abbott was fighting when UFC was just a over hyped tough man contest, Tank was so fat and out of shape I doubt anyone would pay him to ever fight again.

We have to remember we are talking about Elite XC, not UFC.  Some of the top guys in Elite XC are good enough for UFC but I am not sure they could be dominating in UFC like they might in Elite XC.  On the other hand on Sunday night they had WEC fight with Uriah Faber against Jens Pulver and what a fight it was.  Uriah Faber is the real deal and even though he won every round against Pulver, Pulver is an awesome fighter also.  I really think WEC has better fighters than Elite XC but then again Elite XC has not been around very long.

Even though I think at least 2 fights if not 3 were stopped way, way too early on Saturday night,  I will continue to watch MMA fighting on HD NET, Versus, Showtime and ABC because they are some tough guys and I look forward to each and every one of the fights.

Yeah it's funny when you look back on it. Tank Abbot was a main draw back in the day.I used to love watching him fight and his attitude was just as entertaining. He should not have fought his last three or four fights because he is an embarrasment now. I agree with you that he probably wont get any offers to fight anymore.At least he shouldn't. Uriah Faber is a freek of nature. He has the stamina of a machine and countered off of everything.I like Pulver but have to admit he seemed to be out classed. Even when he was in half guard he would make him pay. I'm curious as to why Uriah has not been show cased on the UFC? It has to be due to something contractual. I can think of several opponents I would like to see him matched up with.
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 08:39:59 PM »

Give Kimbo some time and youll see.I bet that lil looser trainer of his knows a thing or two Wink.

Bas Rutten?

Kimbo vs Shamrock.  One on his way up and the other on his way out. I think it would be an interesting fight at least until it went to the ground.
Anoriginal

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 10:12:52 PM »

Give Kimbo some time and youll see.I bet that lil looser trainer of his knows a thing or two Wink.You guys really think that was a rigged fight?Lol.That was kimbos FIRST time on the ground in a fight so he still has alot to learn there.But standing up I really dont think anyone can beat kimbo.

You can't be serious. Kimbo's standup is barely marginal. He's not a boxer, he's a brawler. Any good standup guy could dominate him.

No, make that, any marginal MMA guy with decent standup will beat him.
FastestCub305

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 10:18:43 PM »

Everyone has a different opinion.Hes still undefeated.Why do so many people hate on kimbo and want to see him loose so bad?Is it because hes black?I honestly dont think many will beat him standing up.
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 10:23:12 PM »

He knocked out Mike Tyson, not in Mike's prime though but still a steep feet.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 10:36:42 PM »

Everyone has a different opinion.Hes still undefeated.Why do so many people hate on kimbo and want to see him loose so bad?Is it because hes black?I honestly dont think many will beat him standing up.

I dont think race has anything to do with it .At least as far as I'm concerned it doesn't. He's only undefeated in his short MMA career because he hasn't fought a reputable fighter as of yet.I think Thompson had lost something like 7 of his last 9 fights. Sure he has extreme power and if he connects with a solid punch he could take anyone out but your experienced fighters such as Tito Ortiz,Chuck Liddell,Anderson Silva etc etc would pick their shots until he wore down a little and then shoot on him.Once an experienced grappler such as these got him to the ground it would be ten times worse than when Thompson had him pinned. Dont let the undefeated tag fool you. If your a fan of MMA and you appreciate the skill and art involved you know Kimbo is out of his league. Like someone said earlier,he is a great street brawler but that's it. That's not to say he wont progress and be good someday.He definately has the tools he just needs the time and proper trainers.
RAD 450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2008, 12:34:28 AM »

No doubt Kimbo can be a monster but right now he is just a media star, he's in every  magazine.  Classic story of Internet star turned tv drama superstar. 

He has alot of training to do and its going to be awhile before he can be considered an MMA star.  He has   none to little ground game but can take a beating.  Saturday's match was the the first mma match he actually was on the ground, he did good for a minute and a little while but then gave up at the end of round 2.......No cardio.   In time he will be decent but never a champion

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 10:01:50 AM »

Thats the crux of it all right there Anny, plus how much time does he have left to acquire the neccessary skills to be good. Hes already gtn up there in age isn't he Dunno

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2008, 10:45:37 AM »

Big A, I have to disagree with ya. After just watching the fight it looks like JT was definitely rocked and had no chance. Just watch these blows at the end.

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Anoriginal

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2008, 10:56:45 AM »

How dare you disagree with me!!?? Not cool. I want my Holly Hobby bake set back from you right now and we're not boyfriend and girlfriend anymore.

Jester
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2008, 11:01:39 AM »

Hotty

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2008, 11:07:54 AM »

I've seen them fight with alot worse than a busted ear but if the ring doctor calls the fight due to injury then thats the call. I've seen them call it because of a busted nose before. That call was probably up to the doctor after he saw his ear after the first round.

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2008, 11:15:21 AM »

I've seen them fight with alot worse than a busted ear but if the ring doctor calls the fight due to injury then thats the call. I've seen them call it because of a busted nose before. That call was probably up to the doctor after he saw his ear after the first round.
his ear didnt get busted until seconds before the end of the fight. It was that size from the beginning.
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2008, 11:29:20 AM »

his ear didnt get busted until seconds before the end of the fight. It was that size from the beginning.

Yes but there wasn't blood pouring out of it.  I obviously wasn't there so I can't say with accuracy where the blood was coming from exactly.  It was most likely coming from the mutated blob he called an ear but if someone is bleeding from inside the ear it can be serious.  Either way they are both chumps. 

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::
Anoriginal

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2008, 02:54:23 PM »

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AreLJGS.NTeC2HvVrQgQ42lXEo14?slug=ki-elitexctv060108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2008, 03:31:30 PM »

I think they should have him fight Brock Lesnar.   Would be entertaining atleast. 

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

BIGREDTIDE

3-wheelers....you just gotta know how to ride 'em!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2008, 03:58:18 PM »

I'm curious as to why Uriah has not been show cased on the UFC? It has to be due to something contractual. I can think of several opponents I would like to see him matched up with.
Why?  Uriah is a Featherweight (145).  UFC's lightest weight division is Lightweight (155).  If Uriah ever decides to move up to 155, then the UFC will welcome him with open arms.   Wink
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 05:01:22 PM by BIGREDTIDE » Logged

Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR
BIGREDTIDE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2008, 04:18:49 PM »

No doubt Kimbo can be a monster but right now he is just a media star, he's in every magazine. Classic story of Internet star turned tv drama superstar. 

He has alot of training to do and its going to be awhile before he can be considered an MMA star.  He has   none to little ground game but can take a beating.   Saturday's match was the the first mma match he actually was on the ground, he did good for a minute and a little while but then gave up at the end of round 2.......No cardio.   In time he will be decent but never a champion
HAHA....you think?  He didn't have a Randy Couture or Tito Ortiz dropping 'bows on top of him, or he'd been done quickly!

Thompson isn't even a good fighter....fair is pushing it. 

Kimbo has potential in the future....just not right now.  Bas Rutten (very good MMA'er in the past) is training Kimbo, and he just needs fights to gain some experience.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 05:02:04 PM by BIGREDTIDE » Logged

Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2008, 04:50:03 PM »

I'm curious as to why Uriah has not been show cased on the UFC? It has to be due to something contractual. I can think of several opponents I would like to see him matched up with.
Why?  Uriah is a Featherweight (145).  UFC's lightest weight is Lightweight (155).  If Uriah ever decides to move up to 155, then the UFC will welcome him with open arms.   Wink

that would be BJ Penn correct ? 

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

BIGREDTIDE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2008, 05:00:25 PM »

Why?  Uriah is a Featherweight (145).  UFC's lightest weight is Lightweight (155).  If Uriah ever decides to move up to 155, then the UFC will welcome him with open arms.   Wink

that would be BJ Penn correct ? 
If BJ stays at 155 then yeah!  Grin But since he won the other night....he did call out George St. Pierre....he wants rematch, so we may see him moving back up to 170 (Welterweight).  I think if GSP defends his belt against John Fitch in Sept....we might see BJ v/s Pierre by year end.   Wink

Just my opinion.   Grin

Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2008, 05:10:55 PM »

More stuff .............

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/06/03/video-claims-elitexc-fixed-kimbo-slice-fight/

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2008, 11:44:52 PM »

Why?  Uriah is a Featherweight (145).  UFC's lightest weight division is Lightweight (155).  If Uriah ever decides to move up to 155, then the UFC will welcome him with open arms.   Wink

True but Pulver dropped down a weight class because it's his natural fighting weight. It would be so easy for Uriah to go up a class especially if it means fighting in the UFC. The UFC would bring more notoriety and a bigger purse. A couple more cycles and he's there.lol. I still think it's due to his WEC contract. Who wouldn't want to make more money if they could. Fighting in the UFC compared to the WEC is like comparing a Honda to a Kazuma. " No offense Kazuma owners"
RAD 450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2008, 12:36:16 AM »

No doubt Kimbo can be a monster but right now he is just a media star, he's in every magazine. Classic story of Internet star turned tv drama superstar. 

He has alot of training to do and its going to be awhile before he can be considered an MMA star.  He has   none to little ground game but can take a beating.   Saturday's match was the the first mma match he actually was on the ground, he did good for a minute and a little while but then gave up at the end of round 2.......No cardio.   In time he will be decent but never a champion
HAHA....you think?  He didn't have a Randy Couture or Tito Ortiz dropping 'bows on top of him, or he'd been done quickly!

Thompson isn't even a good fighter....fair is pushing it. 

Kimbo has potential in the future....just not right now.  Bas Rutten (very good MMA'er in the past) is training Kimbo, and he just needs fights to gain some experience.

You raise a good point my friend, it is only the Elite XC

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L
dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2008, 09:00:23 AM »

Gosh Gosh  you guys do know that WEC IS owned by Zuffa (UFC) ....  right?  Deal  The WEC is a breading ground for UFC fighters. When the want Uriah to fight BJ it will happen you can bet the farm on that.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com