Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5a  (Read 28465 times)
ProEMTPFF

Professional Firefighter-Paramedic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2008, 12:09:30 PM »

Because there is a difference between a Professional Firefighter and a "wannabe" Volunteer thats untrained. Just wanted it known I was a trained Professional paid Union Firefighter-Paramedic.

2007 Yamaha Rhino   27" Maxxis Mudzillas on STI Black Wheels

http://www.4x4country.net
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2008, 02:44:27 PM »

I don't know many volunteer firefighters that are Paramedic certified....in fact I don't know a single one.    And I don't think anyone was going to think you were a volunteer.  I'm not trying to take a shot at you...my brother is Fire-Rescue for Marion County.  Just sounded like you were trying to toot your own horn.....hey just MHO.   Adios.

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::
XFactor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2008, 02:50:30 PM »

I will tell you that yes, there are a few bad apples that go out during the day. That being said and your comment about only the locals knew about this before and it was nice makes me laugh. I have ridden this location several times and I am usually there before the sun comes up and I am the first one there cutting the spider webs. I like the relaxation and ridding alone. I would say that 95% of the times I have been out there that early, I see open fires smoldering surrounded by fresh trash. I put the fires out, look a little closer and what do I see? Truck tracks leaving the exact spot, NOT ATV tracks, truck tracks.

Do you think ATV's drag cars back there to burn them? It is the night crowd aka the “locals” whom are ruining this spot. It is the local younger underage drinkers causing this problem as well. I along with many others pick up trash out there and respect the land. It really chaps my azz to see some do good "Nancy Boy" trying to group everyone into one category and go off on some campaign even if it does “cost you your riding spot”. We all know this will never happen due to your "professional courtesies".

I respect people’s property as I respect my own and in most cases even more to show appreciation and that I do recognize that in today’s society we don’t have rights, we have privileges.

I agree with an earlier post on the owners charging $10 a head or even a yearly membership. Maybe you can run that past the people you have your letter from. Lets use this sight and your contacts in a positive manor to benefit everyone and keep the trouble out.

X
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 02:56:53 PM by XFactor » Logged

Team BuckedUp Mud Racing #86
Cosmo

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2008, 02:58:24 PM »

I agree Xfactor. Its the same problem we have with the few last spots we have to ride up here in deland. We try to keep them clean but a perfect example is last friday we went for a evening ride, got there around 6pm, around 8pm we went around the figure 8 that goes around 2 mud holes. Me and my buddy on his dirtbike were flying around the figure eight, we clear a blind spot and what do we find? 5 f**k**g 16 year old kids in lawn chairs drinking some beam and starting a fire in the MIDDLE of the trail. We went back out yesturday to find the entire area destroyed with bottles, tons of places were they started fires, trashcans everywhere that they used to cool their boos. I admit, i did alot of partying and such when I was under age but id be damned if I ever left the venue *normally a friends house* much less went drinking somewhere that I would have to drive out of in the end of the night.

89 330R
ProEMTPFF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2008, 03:38:20 PM »

I don't know many volunteer firefighters that are Paramedic certified....in fact I don't know a single one.    And I don't think anyone was going to think you were a volunteer.

So you've taken a poll for the state of Florida? I doubt it, in fact there are quite a few Volunteers in Florida that are Paramedics......most I know work for private ambulance companys like RMA, AMR and Coastal not to mention hospital owned ambulances that do interfacility transport ie:hospital to hospital.

MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2008, 03:52:22 PM »

I don't know many volunteer firefighters that are Paramedic certified....in fact I don't know a single one.    And I don't think anyone was going to think you were a volunteer.

So you've taken a poll for the state of Florida? I doubt it, in fact there are quite a few Volunteers in Florida that are Paramedics......most I know work for private ambulance companys like RMA, AMR and Coastal not to mention hospital owned ambulances that do interfacility transport ie:hospital to hospital.

So your better than them ?  You made a point to "make it known". 

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2008, 03:56:20 PM »

Do you think ATV's drag cars back there to burn them? It is the night crowd aka the “locals” whom are ruining this spot. It is the local younger underage drinkers causing this problem as well. I along with many others pick up trash out there and respect the land. It really chaps my azz to see some do good "Nancy Boy" trying to group everyone into one category and go off on some campaign even if it does “cost you your riding spot”. We all know this will never happen due to your "professional courtesies".

X

Well said again. 

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

ProEMTPFF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2008, 04:05:20 PM »

In fact I am. A emergency Paramedic "pre hospital" is a better Paramedic than one that does interfacility "post hospital" transport. They are just a "taxi" or "baby sitting" service, we emergency Paramedics have to treat patients.

Cosmo

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2008, 04:30:41 PM »

I do have to agree with Proemt on this one. I am going to school to become a firefighter/paramedic and the actual work put in by the on the call, first responder paramedic is pretty intense compared to what my brother who worked for coastal did. All he had to do was make sure a patient stayed stabalized during a transport, compared to when he went to work with the station and was dealing with trying to keep people alive on the way to the hospital where he was having to rely on training and instinct. My hat is off to the pros, under pressure.

89 330R
ztgenesis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2008, 04:34:18 PM »

The day is comming SOON.............very soon. Even though I live one mile from 5A I'm thinking of bringing two of my friends out on my rhino that work for BCSO in the next few weekends just to let them see whats going on out there and see if they can pressure some action out there. The plan is they "BCSO and VCSO" are going to start again giving parking and tresspassing tickets again soon anyway. Even if this move cost me a riding spot........ I'm tried of people riding out there ruining a awsome riding area for everyone.

I know this an old post but it got on my nerves.

why would u DO THAT, SO NOBODY CAN RIDE OUT THERE anymore. Dont try to get it shut down quicker, which sounds like that would happen if u do that which is stupid. Just ride it out.

GiterDONE.........
ProEMTPFF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2008, 04:46:57 PM »

Too late and I didn't even take any of them out there......they went out there all on thier own because I was working a OT shift and could not go. They went out on thier own personal ATV's, just found out today about a hour ago. There will be night patrols along with the day and weekend. Also, another riding area "not in Palm Bay" is on the "hit list" to. They mentioned land owner complaints.

So, be careful out there.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 04:54:01 PM by ProEMTPFF » Logged

MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2008, 05:00:33 PM »

In fact I am. A emergency Paramedic "pre hospital" is a better Paramedic than one that does interfacility "post hospital" transport. They are just a "taxi" or "baby sitting" service, we emergency Paramedics have to treat patients.

I didn't mean better in that sense of the word.....wow.....you've gotta be kidding me.

You said it in a way to toot your own horn, make yourself seem all high and mighty....there's a fine line between being proud and being arrogant.  You demonstrated that for everyone.  Enjoy riding at 5A alone lol. 

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2008, 05:02:19 PM »

And I just noticed your user name........nuff said

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

ProEMTPFF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2008, 05:15:45 PM »

You go to school and become a Paramedic "Street Doctor" and have to deal with the things I deal with every 3rd day, then throw in pushing medications, defibing patients and if you get lucky maybe saving a life a shift.......yea, I'm very good at my job and to deal with the things I see and have to do.....yup you have to be confident and sometimes even arrogant. Its a VERY rare occasion that a Doctor or nurse will stop at a accident scene to help when they are off duty......I stop everytime if there is'nt any EMS on scene yet and as a patient I'd want someone just like me to help......the most confident/arrogant paramedic available for me and my family.

XFactor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2008, 06:16:25 PM »

I will tell you that yes, there are a few bad apples that go out during the day. That being said and your comment about only the locals knew about this before and it was nice makes me laugh. I have ridden this location several times and I am usually there before the sun comes up and I am the first one there cutting the spider webs. I like the relaxation and ridding alone. I would say that 95% of the times I have been out there that early, I see open fires smoldering surrounded by fresh trash. I put the fires out, look a little closer and what do I see? Truck tracks leaving the exact spot, NOT ATV tracks, truck tracks.

I respect people’s property as I respect my own and in most cases even more to show appreciation and that I do recognize that in today’s society we don’t have rights, we have privileges.

I agree with an earlier post on the owners charging $10 a head or even a yearly membership. Maybe you can run that past the people you have your letter from. Lets use this sight and your contacts in a positive manor to benefit everyone and keep the trouble out.

X

I agree Xfactor. Its the same problem we have with the few last spots we have to ride up here in deland. We try to keep them clean but a perfect example is last friday we went for a evening ride, got there around 6pm, around 8pm we went around the figure 8 that goes around 2 mud holes. Me and my buddy on his dirtbike were flying around the figure eight, we clear a blind spot and what do we find? 5 f**k**g 16 year old kids in lawn chairs drinking some beam and starting a fire in the MIDDLE of the trail. We went back out yesturday to find the entire area destroyed with bottles, tons of places were they started fires, trashcans everywhere that they used to cool their boos. I admit, i did alot of partying and such when I was under age but id be damned if I ever left the venue *normally a friends house* much less went drinking somewhere that I would have to drive out of in the end of the night.
Too late and I didn't even take any of them out there......they went out there all on thier own because I was working a OT shift and could not go. They went out on thier own personal ATV's, just found out today about a hour ago. There will be night patrols along with the day and weekend. Also, another riding area "not in Palm Bay" is on the "hit list" to. They mentioned land owner complaints.

So, be careful out there.

I see you just skipped over my post as well as Cosmos. In response to your reply about other areas on the hit list and not the Palm Bay area.....get your facts straight. I spoke with the deputy that patrols the area as well as the deputy that has property that backs up to a "certain area". IT IS THE LOCAL YOUNG HIGH SCHOOL KIDS IN THERE DRINKING AND RAISING HEII AT NIGHT. I spoke with both of the deputies and they said the night they did their "raid" it was almost like the movies. Helicopter lit up the area and about 50-75 trucks took off out of there. The said thing was they were almost all under age so what happens if they are not drunk??? They get let go because other wise the deputies have to call parents and baby-sit. Explain to me how the ATV’s are ruining his area as well.

Brother I can go toe to toe with you all night long with facts. The ATV's pick up their trash there because there are garbage cans that are always full. Trash doesn't get there on it's own. That area has no trashcans and they like to light trees on fire. Notice the 60-80 foot pine tree. Lets get our facts straight and then go talk to our buddies. Lets get the real facts. There are a few bad apples, yes but only a small handful.

If there are two things I live my life by it is "The Golden Rule" and my belief in "Karma" believe you me....it is a B**ch and will always come back to you.

X

ProEMTPFF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2008, 06:25:47 PM »

Go ride and have fun at 5A.   Grin  Let me know how it all works out. I also believe this forum is supposed to be about LEGAL RIDING areas and 5A is not......its PRIVATE PROPERTY. You my friend are the one breaking the law by riding in that area, take your chances again.....let me know how it all works out for you.....enjoy! 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 06:30:51 PM by ProEMTPFF » Logged

ztgenesis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2008, 07:17:26 PM »

Hey Xfactor, i been tryin to get ahold of ya. Are u going this sat? I am. If your not then i guess ill be solo Sad

Also mudman i talked to rick and he may go also if he gets his bike back together.

GiterDONE.........
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2008, 08:33:37 AM »

You go to school and become a Paramedic "Street Doctor" and have to deal with the things I deal with every 3rd day, then throw in pushing medications, defibing patients and if you get lucky maybe saving a life a shift.......yea, I'm very good at my job and to deal with the things I see and have to do.....yup you have to be confident and sometimes even arrogant. Its a VERY rare occasion that a Doctor or nurse will stop at a accident scene to help when they are off duty......I stop everytime if there is'nt any EMS on scene yet and as a patient I'd want someone just like me to help......the most confident/arrogant paramedic available for me and my family.

Now your trying to qualify why you are arrogant.  That was a nice little spin you put on it but doesnt change the fact that your arrogant.  Not an endearing quality.  I don't need an arrogant paramedic to save me, just someone who is confident and able, being arrogant doesn't make you a better paramedic.....just makes you (or anyone else for that matter) an @$$.....sorry not trying to offend......just MHO.

And in my line of work I have just as much to deal with as you.  Hmmmm.....still I see no need to act that way.  Oh well. 

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2008, 08:39:05 AM »

Go ride and have fun at 5A.   Grin  Let me know how it all works out. I also believe this forum is supposed to be about LEGAL RIDING areas and 5A is not......its PRIVATE PROPERTY. You my friend are the one breaking the law by riding in that area, take your chances again.....let me know how it all works out for you.....enjoy! 

A lot of spots people ride at are not technically legal.  But alot of those spots people don't get hassled by the cops and are allowed to ride there if they aren't doing anything stupid. 

It's almost like you get off on trying to get this placed closed down so only you and your male companions can ride alone out there.  I'm glad you deal with people that are usually out of it in your line of work because your people skills suck LOL.  Arrogant yes.....but more than that your just an @$$.  I hope you have plenty of friends because you sure won't make anymore acting like that. 

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

randyz

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2008, 09:18:06 AM »

After reading this all I can say is wow.   I'm not going to comment on ProEMTPFF having the police patrol this area, do what you feel is right.   I want to comment on his/her professionalism.  You may be an excellent paramedic/firefight and I thank you for that as it is a tough job with crazy hours.

The problem I have is with "professional".  I have been working in law enforcement over 21 years.  We have reserve and part time officers working for the department.  I would never refer to them as "wannabes".  Nor would I refer to security personnel as "wannabes" in a public forum.  These folks are doing what they can the best they can for now.  Does a security guard want to be a police officer, maybe/maybe not.  Does a worker who does transport from one hospital to another want to be a first responder paramedic?  Maybe/maybe not.   But they are doing what they can and maybe working their way up the ladder.

Would I get a ticket for speeding?  Probably not.   Would I get arrested for tresspassing at 5a?  Probably not.  But I would not come on a public forum bragging how I can break the law and get away with it while at the same time calling the police because others are also doing it.

When you talk about riding across the roadway and if you get stopped you just say yeah yeah, never do it again, yeah, yeah, whatever that shows your true colors, attitude - and professionalism.
MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2008, 09:30:08 AM »

After reading this all I can say is wow.   I'm not going to comment on ProEMTPFF having the police patrol this area, do what you feel is right.   I want to comment on his/her professionalism.  You may be an excellent paramedic/firefight and I thank you for that as it is a tough job with crazy hours.

The problem I have is with "professional".  I have been working in law enforcement over 21 years.  We have reserve and part time officers working for the department.  I would never refer to them as "wannabes".  Nor would I refer to security personnel as "wannabes" in a public forum.  These folks are doing what they can the best they can for now.  Does a security guard want to be a police officer, maybe/maybe not.  Does a worker who does transport from one hospital to another want to be a first responder paramedic?  Maybe/maybe not.   But they are doing what they can and maybe working their way up the ladder.

Would I get a ticket for speeding?  Probably not.   Would I get arrested for tresspassing at 5a?  Probably not.  But I would not come on a public forum bragging how I can break the law and get away with it while at the same time calling the police because others are also doing it.

When you talk about riding across the roadway and if you get stopped you just say yeah yeah, never do it again, yeah, yeah, whatever that shows your true colors, attitude - and professionalism.

Clapper Clapper Clapper Clapper

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

XFactor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2008, 11:45:38 AM »

There is a very big difference between Arrogance and Confidence.

Karma....enough said.

X

ztgenesis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2008, 05:47:06 PM »

Whats up with u xfactor. U blew by my post, whats the deal, If there is a prob let me know instead of being left in the clouds.

GiterDONE.........
rancher1

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2008, 06:55:22 PM »

I agree with the ten dollar thing or just a letter and then get rid of the bad apples no one needs to lose another riding area due to a few bad apples wait till they go to there trucks or cars and get there tag numbers.Or have one of the sheriff buddies close buy and have them take care of the violators no reason for one person to ruin the fun for ever one riding spots are hard to come by as it is have a clean up day and the ones that show up and help clean get to ride hassle free and the jerks that trash the place get tickets and booted from the place make some rules and have a few people enforce the rules even if it requries a big stick. Give Hell Give Hell Flaming Grind
ProEMTPFF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2008, 07:34:52 PM »

Paying $10 each is a great idea, however if that was ever to happen then the land owners have to assume liability and they have to get insurance, lawyers, fence the area and add gates to areas and ect. This has been considered many, many times and they have no interest due to time and cost. They have showed a interest in selling it for development once the subdivision east of it starts or if any other land in the area sells for development. The Miami Track hunting lease on the west side of 5A I'm sure will stay intact.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 07:37:47 PM by ProEMTPFF » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com