Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5a  (Read 28457 times)
EIGER-MUDDER

View Profile

Ignore
5a
« on: April 03, 2008, 10:26:34 PM »

anyone been to 5a at all in the last week or 2 i think im going this weekend

THE DEEPER I GO THE MORE SHE LIKE'S IT

suzuki eiger
08 grizzly 700  6' lift with 30''shoes
EDinFL

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 02:36:56 PM »

I was there 3 weekends ago, was pretty crowded in the afternoon.

06 Arctic Cat 400 4x4
ananomaly

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 02:56:38 PM »

Havn't been for a while. Need to get back... Taking mine to SC this weekend. Wah Whooo!!!!!

05 eiger 4x4 manual
04 bruin
05 f150 crew 4x4
Gotta work but wanna ride.
Life should be a journy to the grave, body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming " Woo-Hoo...What a ride."
EIGER-MUDDER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 07:08:28 PM »

went this weekend  it was wet  as hell   got rain on  but  love it..
its a good ride for me,,, but will keep going back!

THE DEEPER I GO THE MORE SHE LIKE'S IT

suzuki eiger
08 grizzly 700  6' lift with 30''shoes
Shorgasm

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 07:49:37 PM »

I don't wanna sound like a old man but the more you guys bring this place up online the quicker it is gonna get shut-down.It is private property and we are all just getting away with riding there.I'd like to keep it that way if ya get my drift.

There are more and more people there every weekend.When that happens the trouble makers show-up and ruin it for the rest of us.

I'd just keep it quiet online to be safe.We all know it's there. Wink
neysnumber

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 02:09:17 PM »

I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN SHORGASM.   I WAS THERE THIS PAST WEEKEND WITH EIGER MUDDER.     HAD A GREAT TIME.   HE ONLY ASKED CUZ WE LIVE ALMOST TO HOURS AWAY.   IT WOULD HAVE REALLY SUCKED TO TRAVEL ALL THAT WAY AND NOT BEEN ABLE TO RIDE.   AS FOR THE IDIOTS THAT SCREW IT UP FOR THE REST OF US.   THATS A NEVER ENDING BATTLE.
ProEMTPFF

Professional Firefighter-Paramedic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 08:42:04 PM »

The day is comming SOON.............very soon. Even though I live one mile from 5A I'm thinking of bringing two of my friends out on my rhino that work for BCSO in the next few weekends just to let them see whats going on out there and see if they can pressure some action out there. The plan is they "BCSO and VCSO" are going to start again giving parking and tresspassing tickets again soon anyway. Even if this move cost me a riding spot........ I'm tried of people riding out there ruining a awsome riding area for everyone.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 08:47:47 PM by ProEMTPFF » Logged

2007 Yamaha Rhino   27" Maxxis Mudzillas on STI Black Wheels

http://www.4x4country.net
neysnumber

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 06:22:41 PM »

what is bringing the BCSO or VCSO gonna acomplish? the last time i was there, it was a couple weekends ago.        i didnt have any problems with anyone.   but the amount of dirt bikes on the paved part of the road was a bit much.   nothing against 2 wheels vs 4.   i just do want attention brought there do to that.   or anyone riding  on the roadway.

ProEMTPFF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 10:37:41 PM »

Its going to make them well aware of how the place is being ruined by trash/garbage being left there and start them handing out parking and tresspassing tickets at the very least. I have to admit, before the internet very few people knew about 5A and it was only locals that knew.......we kept it clean. I and others would rather see it closed down to keep the area from being ruined. Its private property anyway, its NOT a LEGAL riding spot period unless you have permission from the owners "I have a letter".
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 10:39:52 PM by ProEMTPFF » Logged

Cosmo

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 11:35:21 PM »

Listen, we were there sunday. We picked up 15 55 gallon bags worth of trash. The real f**k**g kicker of it all was the fact that we had a few instances of where rednecks were throwing their beer cans and bottles at/near us while we were bent over picking sh*t up. I will not go there again after that sh*t. How can people be so rude and in their own atmosphere that they can not simply respect other people.

89 330R
Dier hunter

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 11:54:40 PM »

i've been going there 10 years or better in my jeep or 4 wheeler, the one thing that will shut that place down more than anything else, is riding around during hunting season.

theres people that own that land for just that reason!!!!!!!!!

i've seen more burnt cars and trash there than anywhere else, for as long as i've been going there,they dont care, as long as you stay out during hunting (deer) season.
ProEMTPFF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 07:19:14 AM »

Listen, we were there sunday. We picked up 15 55 gallon bags worth of trash. The real f**k**g kicker of it all was the fact that we had a few instances of where rednecks were throwing their beer cans and bottles at/near us while we were bent over picking sh*t up. I will not go there again after that sh*t. How can people be so rude and in their own atmosphere that they can not simply respect other people.

I'm very sorry to hear that Cosmo and a BIG THANK YOU for helping clean up out there!

MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 11:44:57 AM »

5A is no different from any other place.  No one knows about it at first....then its just a few locals....then it hits the internet.....then everyone and their mom is there......then it starts getting trashed.....then it gets shut down......then people still try to ride there.....some get caught....some dont.....its the same old story just a different spot this time. 

How do you stop this whole process ?  Not sure if you can  Embarrassed

You can't control everyone and unfortunately not everyone respects the sport like they should.

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::
clark48135

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 01:44:34 PM »

I don't wanna sound like a old man but the more you guys bring this place up online the quicker it is gonna get shut-down.It is private property and we are all just getting away with riding there.I'd like to keep it that way if ya get my drift.

There are more and more people there every weekend.When that happens the trouble makers show-up and ruin it for the rest of us.

I'd just keep it quiet online to be safe.We all know it's there. Wink

I'm not 1 of those deutsch's. I respect the trails. Could somebody please pm me with the location. I wont forget it. I ride 2 or 3 times a week & eventually I'll find some good spots to share with you guys. 
Cosmo

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 02:54:39 PM »

I think the owners should charge like 10bucks to ride there, and then pay a couple of guys to police the area. You see people littering and what not, boot them out. The way admission would be handled is the $10bucks buys you a right to ride letter from the owner for that day. Everyone else can get tickets. If you did that one simple thing you would eliminate half of the idiots in one shot.

89 330R
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 03:38:00 PM »

i was out there two weeks ago it was awesome not to much mud so the sport bike was still fun but enough mud you could git yourself stuck for a looooooong time anyhoo its not a certain kind of vehicle i saw a foreman riding all the way down past the stuckey's im new to the dirtbike scene[just got one yesterday] but i would not ride down the rode 1st of all because ive seen WAAAYYY to many cops sitten up there by the bridge 2nd because i hate riding on pavement i dont  know why anyone would it messes up the handling and wheres down your tires i mean really whats the point

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
ProEMTPFF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 04:10:23 PM »

Well, I live close and I do have to cross the pavement.....I however will not get a ticket.  Wink HEHE   Anyway, talked to my guys and patrols will increase with BCSO and VCSO, they have purchased some enduros and 4x4 ATV's as well as VCSO has. Some days they might be wearing uniforms and others not. They are also working with the land owners. Its going to be interesting. FHP will also be making patrols.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 04:12:11 PM by ProEMTPFF » Logged

backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 04:29:05 PM »

ive seen cops out there they didnt bother me but then again i didnt have a blunt in one hand and a bottle of jd in the other tearin up and down the paved road like alot of the people out there
people out there need to realize if your riding on someone elses property at least pretend to be responsible and respectful if it your property i can understand if you wanna git wasted and act crazy but dont go out to someone elses camp and party and leave sheet all over the place [freind of mine has property out there and a little hunting camp some drunk fools lit it on fire]
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 04:38:31 PM by backwoods boy » Logged

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 04:48:46 PM »

Well, I live close and I do have to cross the pavement.....I however will not get a ticket.  Wink HEHE   Anyway, talked to my guys and patrols will increase with BCSO and VCSO, they have purchased some enduros and 4x4 ATV's as well as VCSO has. Some days they might be wearing uniforms and others not. They are also working with the land owners. Its going to be interesting. FHP will also be making patrols.

way to represent you and your coworkers.

na na na na boo boo, I can do something illegal and not get in trouble  Thumbs Down

the only thing that more patrols will do is get the place shut down for good,,,it isn't going to calm down the idiots that go out there and ruin it for the rest of us, it's just going to get EVERYONE kicked out.

thanks, now we know who to thank when it happens.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
ProEMTPFF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 06:21:31 PM »

Then tell me what going to work "self policeing".........nope. So whats next? I see no other choice but to do this. I and others have the needed permission so if it closes.........well I still have a place to ride.

BTW, yes I do get "professional courtesies", it may have been a mistake on my part to post that but I'm glad I do have them. I do not take advantage of them like I could, crossing the paved road and getting cut a break IF CAUGHT is one I do use from time to time. Yes, I will not ever do this again "bad boy" slaps hand "bad boy" slaps hand again.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 06:39:18 PM by ProEMTPFF » Logged

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 06:53:37 PM »

not the point,,,,you admit to consistently breaking the law and only consider it bad if you get caught.

nice example.

let me tell you this, I have access to a great little spot out in Salt Springs that is like an oasis in the middle of the forest,,,,it's basically a house with all the amenities that can be a great little spot to stop and recharge the batteries before continuing on your journey.

Let's say that you, a few other people and I are all riding ONF and we are in the middle of about a 100 mile trip across the forest.  We decide that a break would be great to get out of the 100 degree heat, go sit in the A/C, grab a drink, use the bathroom/etc.  Am I going to leave you behind and tell you that "nope sorry, you don't have permission, keep on going we'll catch up with you", of course not, I'm going to invite you in. 

Now on the way, you decide to start doing donuts in the street in front of a neighbor's home and just can't resist bouncing the throttle off the rev limiter a few times before shutting it down.  I would tell you that isn't acceptable and if it's kept up you need to leave.  You ignore me and keep it up so you are asked to leave.  You end up being shunned by the local community of ATV riders and not having any friends to ride with, when your quad breaks, you have to take it to the dealer because no one else will help you.  You eventually break your quad so badly that it's cheaper to replace, or you hurt yourself.

now this would be an extreme case, and an accelerated one, but it is what happens to people like the ones that are ruining this particular spot for the rest.

the way you are acting with this makes you seem like a punk from high school that never grew up and is still sticking his tongue out at people while unloading in what will soon be your "private" little riding spot with the help of your "professional courtesies".

now, as for the spot, I've ridden there twice and don't really care for it, but it would be nice to be able to keep it open for one of those mid-week quick-fix rides that help recharge the batteries from time to time.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
EDinFL

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2008, 07:37:16 PM »

Its going to make them well aware of how the place is being ruined by trash/garbage being left there and start them handing out parking and tresspassing tickets at the very least. I have to admit, before the internet very few people knew about 5A and it was only locals that knew.......we kept it clean. I and others would rather see it closed down to keep the area from being ruined. Its private property anyway, its NOT a LEGAL riding spot period unless you have permission from the owners "I have a letter".

So you want everyone out except you because you have a letter from the owners and your a medic and know some cops? I agree with the rednecks ruining the place but what your proposing is a little unfair. It may be private property but it's not your private property.

06 Arctic Cat 400 4x4
ProEMTPFF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2008, 07:56:36 PM »

All I want is the place cleaned up. There are ALOT of good people that ride out there......yes I know there a few that ruin it for everyone but maybe the patrols will clean out the "riff-raff". I know most people in this forum and good pleople that want this riding area cleaned up and make it a fun, safe place to ride. Yes, I'm fortunate to have a "pass" so to speak, do I want it all to myself.....well no it would suck with no one out there. Let Law Enforcement do a nice job cleaning house and it will all settle back down.

I just as easily could have gave no warning in the forums but knowing that the vast majority in here are responsible riders I though I might share the info....my bad for doing so.

Yes, I'm a Professional Firefighter-Paramedic and I do know alot of Law Enforcement officers including my father, most of them ride out there too and want the same thing......"it cleaned up".

MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2008, 12:03:25 PM »

the way you are acting with this makes you seem like a punk from high school that never grew up and is still sticking his tongue out at people while unloading in what will soon be your "private" little riding spot with the help of your "professional courtesies".

Id@

well said

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

MudMan
Supreme Member

How Deep Is Too Deep ?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2008, 12:04:55 PM »

Just curious.....what did you have to do to go from Firefighter-Paramedic to......."Professional" Firefighter-Paramedic.......lol

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com