Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Water 4 Gas  (Read 112591 times)
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2008, 05:03:09 PM »

Thats what I was hoping to here Pizzim. Well now all I need to do is find a 12 volt power supply after ignition to see what these things do.

I would get a relay from Rat Shack and connect it to an ignition switched fuse so I could pull directly from the battery and avoid the vehicles electrical system, and possibly hook to to the oil pressure sender in the future if it works. Twenty amps is a good draw. Definitely make sure the ignition switch doesn't get hot if you hook it up there.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2008, 06:51:38 PM »

Im just gonna put in switches for them Shocked

dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2008, 07:06:30 PM »

I got $5 says that only lasts a week    thats gona get annoying real quick .... but if it makes you able to post results quicks go for it  Thumbs Up

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2008, 07:52:07 PM »

Yeah I would probably do that also. I wonder if you let it bubble for a while and try to start it if it will Hindenburg...first time you replace the airbox or hood you won't forget to shut it off.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
ROC0999

My God is an awesome God

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2008, 08:09:31 PM »

well after 4 weeks in my ranger I got 26mpg, from 18 without system so that is a 46% gain in mpg from a system that I spent like 18.00 on. It is a mason jar from dollar general

Psalms 24:1 the Earth is the Lords and everything in it;

2006 Raptor700r SE white/silver (mine) Moose bars,Razors,HMF-EFI,DMC duals, Razor's,k&n intake
1998 YZ250 Pro Circut pipe (son's)
www.tci.org
http://wayf.wayfm.com/
www.quadsforchrist.org
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2008, 08:13:27 PM »

Yeah I would probably do that also. I wonder if you let it bubble for a while and try to start it if it will Hindenburg...first time you replace the airbox or hood you won't forget to shut it off.

I saw on u-tube today that a guy was letting it bubble into a pot of water & using a BBQ lighter to test the gas & it POPPED like a firecracker. Godd way to test. I think I will install a boat blower under my hood case I get trashed & pass out listening to Johnny Cash @ RR one night Wink Shocked Cool Huh

jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2008, 08:17:17 PM »

I got a ranger too Smiley wanna help a brother out? I'm getting about 16/18 now, but you know I'd love more!

I'll pay/help however it takes to get the system up and running.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
ROC0999

My God is an awesome God

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2008, 08:33:34 PM »

on this page has instructions where I made mine

http://www.water4gas.com/2books.htm

Psalms 24:1 the Earth is the Lords and everything in it;

2006 Raptor700r SE white/silver (mine) Moose bars,Razors,HMF-EFI,DMC duals, Razor's,k&n intake
1998 YZ250 Pro Circut pipe (son's)
www.tci.org
http://wayf.wayfm.com/
www.quadsforchrist.org
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2008, 07:48:22 AM »

The problem with switches would be if you ever got into an accident or something and there was still power to the system. If you had a way to hook it up to the oil pump sensor and the key switch it may be better. Also, by just hooking it up to the key switch, if you wanted to listen to the radio on accessory, then you couldn't without a toggle switch or oil pump sensor switch. Need those backup shutoffs. You would need your hot wire running from the key switch, to the toggle switch, to the oil pump sensor and then to the generator for safety.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2008, 10:54:15 AM »

Yea but ..........allot more work for a non mech.  System is installed & running. Ive got 3/4 tank. Will be in town to top off & will start the mileage from that point on. Will just let it run for now as a kind of acclimation till the truck is full. Better results are supposed to come after the first few hundred miles.

dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2008, 11:58:15 AM »

Yea but ..........allot more work for a non mech.  System is installed & running. Ive got 3/4 tank. Will be in town to top off & will start the mileage from that point on. Will just let it run for now as a kind of acclimation till the truck is full. Better results are supposed to come after the first few hundred miles.

ummm where are the pics and

jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2008, 02:06:30 PM »

x2 on pics, I want to jump on getting one of these systems.  I just don't want to mess with my 02 sensors and MAF

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2008, 02:38:27 PM »

Good job Wacker. Keep us informed. I would have already done it but I only drive my truck on the weekends. If I drove it every day then it would have already been on there.

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2008, 04:25:48 PM »

x2 on pics, I want to jump on getting one of these systems.  I just don't want to mess with my 02 sensors and MAF

Unfortunately that is how you get the gains.

A plug and play wideband O2 sensor solution exists for around $200, that is the way to go I'm thinking.

Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2008, 04:44:05 PM »

A plug and play wideband O2 sensor solution exists for around $200, that is the way to go I'm thinking.

a wideband 02 sensor goes for around 350 for a cheepy. if you have a obs gm truck you can wire a basic 80$ wide band o2 sensor and wire it into the egr pin on your chip behind the dash, so you can read it through data loging if you have the cable and free software. the downside is you will have no egr, but for me thats an upside lol
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2008, 05:26:12 PM »

a wideband 02 sensor goes for around 350 for a cheepy. if you have a obs gm truck you can wire a basic 80$ wide band o2 sensor and wire it into the egr pin on your chip behind the dash, so you can read it through data loging if you have the cable and free software. the downside is you will have no egr, but for me thats an upside lol

You got a link that describes this?

I was thinking of something like this: http://www.jegs.com/i/DFI/310/77657/10002/-1#moreDetails

Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2008, 05:38:32 PM »

You got a link that describes this?

I was thinking of something like this: http://www.jegs.com/i/DFI/310/77657/10002/-1#moreDetails

all you guys need to do is find out what the air fuel ratio needs to be burning that stuff and then tune your ecm to shoot for that ecm, tunning it off of a wide band 02 as apposed to the narrow band that your stock ecm reeds from just takes it a step further in precision tuning and dead accuracy for MAXIMUM fuel eficeincy. wide band is always a good idea when tuning and pretty much mandatory if you have a blower... you guys will see more mpg gains if you all got ur cats taken out and got quality custom tunes than u will ever see from this water4gas stuff...
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2008, 08:54:53 AM »

all you guys need to do is find out what the air fuel ratio needs to be burning that stuff and then tune your ecm to shoot for that ecm, tunning it off of a wide band 02 as apposed to the narrow band that your stock ecm reeds from just takes it a step further in precision tuning and dead accuracy for MAXIMUM fuel eficeincy. wide band is always a good idea when tuning and pretty much mandatory if you have a blower... you guys will see more mpg gains if you all got ur cats taken out and got quality custom tunes than u will ever see from this water4gas stuff...

Funny you say that, I was just sitting here thinking how it is time to lose the cat.
I really like all the features in the Accel DFI 77657, water4gas or not.

Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2008, 10:10:28 AM »

the way i see it is you all need to take care of the basic stuff like a cold air intake, no kitty cats, possibly headers/no egr and a really good custom dyno tune with a wideband 02, then start thinking about adding this water4 gas unit as just a bonus. a good dyno shop will tune it off of their wideband 02 sensor so you wont need to buy one. the reason i am is becasue im tuning myself...

and that water4gas will make your emissions better so may even pass emissions with no cat running that stuff, im pretty sure it was originally designed to help emissions
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2008, 07:31:41 PM »

Good job Wacker and BD. The whole house filter is probably a great idea because it made of heavier plastic. What did you use for the positive and negative coils.

Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2008, 09:30:11 PM »

I tell you I drove 75 miles since fill up Friday eve & the guage hasnt moved. Oh I HOPE that it is not stuck & Im seeing results. Good looking system BD, When & if mine shows gains I will be upgrading & spending a few more $$ as well. For now mine is sufficient for experimenting. I will pull it off & install it on Rhino & Lawnmower if it all works.

What is the pvc tube for? Scrubber? I dont get the concept. On a buggy its good but on a car - truck you wont have the height to mount it up.

SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2008, 10:24:57 PM »

You gays are both rocket surgeons Grin  Great job I am very impressed with both of you....I guess I will take you off IGNORE.LOL
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2008, 10:27:15 PM »

they tested this on diesel place and it would never do more than 1 mpg better, it draws alot from your alternator. there are alot better ways to get better mpg...
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2008, 10:34:30 PM »

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244549&highlight=hydrogen

some good info, take it for what its worth.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2008, 10:48:00 PM »

go on some other forums and search hydrogen generator, you'll find most of the threads end up with it being bs. in theory it works, but a generator that small doesn't make enough to make a very big difference and it drags the alternator allot which just robs the millage you may pick up anyway. but i have seen a few good results so idk, I'm curious to see your results.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com