Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how to be a ricer  (Read 46319 times)
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2008, 10:06:49 PM »

There is NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!!!   Never has been, never will be!!

finally someone doesn't have their head up there ass lol.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2008, 10:10:06 PM »

STIs sound sick

lol, now your just messing with me.  this has got to be one of the dumbest arguments this site has seen in while anyways...

and for the record, most people don't consider the sound of 4 bangers "sick". but if like it then whatever blows your skirt up i guess.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2008, 10:17:26 PM »

STIs sound sick

lol, now your just messing with me.  this has got to be one of the dumbest arguments this site has seen in while anyways...

and for the record, most people don't consider the sound of 4 bangers "sick". but if like it then whatever blows your skirt up i guess.
lol, yeah Im just messing around. You have a sick d-max though

HONDA CRF450R
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2008, 10:20:04 PM »

STIs sound sick

thanks. what do you drive anyways, i bet you drive a toyota huh nancy? jk lol. oh no gona start a whole new argument on yotas.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2008, 10:29:34 PM »

well in all reality its as simple as this- true gear heads are v8 fans, and every dumb teenager that doestn know anything about engines likes 4 bangers...
KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2008, 10:43:50 PM »

STIs sound sick

thanks. what do you drive anyways, i bet you drive a toyota huh nancy? jk lol. oh no gona start a whole new argument on yotas.

lol i dont have my license yet haha. turn 16 next month

HONDA CRF450R
KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2008, 10:44:50 PM »

ill probably drive my moms 5 speed one wheel wonder blazer lol

HONDA CRF450R
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2008, 10:53:49 PM »

ill probably drive my moms 5 speed one wheel wonder blazer lol

is it an open rearend or the g80, what year... i like obs blazers alot.
KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2008, 10:56:11 PM »

wel, technically its the gmc version a jimmy. lol but i like to call it a blazer. and its a 2001

HONDA CRF450R
EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2008, 10:57:04 PM »

to each his own, i own a nissan import and its far from any kind of "rice" different people different cars

so untrue on many different levels
well in all reality its as simple as this- true gear heads are v8 fans, and every dumb teenager that doestn know anything about engines likes 4 bangers...

02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2008, 11:03:26 PM »

Bow Clapper
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2008, 11:51:08 PM »

anyone that thinks push rod engines are what performance is all about, shouldnt be able to DRIVE a car. Common knowledge says more moving parts = less reliable. So, v8 gearheads, Name a few things that set apart a ford engine from a chevy engine. Lets go with the popular 350 5.7 chevy engine, and the mustang power house 5.0 302.  Heres a small hint, the cam is involved in one of the differences. Oh and what do you guys think about the titan and the tundra?  Wink  they both sport 8 cylinders...

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2008, 12:14:26 AM »

Rob, you really need to look up the definition of ricer. You might want to use a different term if you think STi's and Evo's are rice. Have you ever seen a sedan go 150 that can maintain its stability! Not without that spolier you havent! The hood scoop on the front sucks air through the intercooler, which cools the massive ammount of air from the turbocharger that is being crammed into the combustion chamber, creating v8 killing power. It also comes with windshield washer type sprayers, which gives the intercooler a blast of cool water, FURTHER cooling the air, which further condenses it. Not to mention its AWD which means it will RIP out off of the line and stay out in front. The 6 speed manual transmission will send it all the way up to 150mph give or take. Not to mention its 1/2 the price of a vette. Oh and you cant get it in an automatic, because its a REAL sports car, not something any sissy that cant shift can buy and just mash the gas pedal. Not calling anyone names, just making a point.

Oh and uhh...Have you ever heard of rally? does ford use a v8 in their rally focus? clue me in.

Wink

I love the LS series chevy has, i'd love to own an old fox body with a built 302, but performance doesnt stop at 8 cylinders. Actually do some research into nice imports, such as the subaru or mitsu or any import that can hold its own with muscle cars. Yeah ricers say AWWW SHIIIIIIIIT I GOTS VTEC!! and haha yeah thats funny, but do you actually know what vtec is?  like i said do research, if you still have no respect, quit calling yourself a gearhead. Call yourself a musclehead or something, because you are NOT a gearhead.

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Miami450R
Supreme Member

Yamaha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2008, 06:33:42 AM »

lol VTAKK!!!

i saw a 3000gt with a VTEC sticker on it the other day    Shocked hahaha

How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2008, 02:51:44 PM »

dude you talk like im a retard that doesnt know wtf im talking about, i know what an itercooler is and how it works, i have one too. and i know haw fast evos/stis are. and i know that all the top nhra drag cars run pushrod engines, i know an ls7 corvette is a push rod engine, and it makes a ton of evo killing power and spins 7k rpm, over head cams are mostly for higher reving applications, thats the main advantage. any engine can be as powerfull as your budget allows anyways.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2008, 02:57:36 PM »

and i know how v tec works, all its good for is high reving power, variable valve timing right? i know what an evo or sti is capable of and i know there will always be a equally modified v8 out there to spank it. throw that much boost at a v8, and the powr doesnt even compare, those cars also have a huge weight advantage, wich makes them seem alot more powerfull. lets not even talk about low end torque, 4 bangers dont have a chance next to any v8.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2008, 03:19:21 PM »

the more i read that post the more i find wrong with it, werent 5.0 pushrod engines, i thought they switched to ohc on the newer 4.6s. also i think titans are slow and tundras are overrated and easly outperformed by gms 6.2 403hp vortec truck engine, wich by the way is a pushrod engine.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2008, 03:25:16 PM »

anyone that thinks push rod engines are what performance is all about, shouldn't be able to DRIVE a car. Common knowledge says more moving parts = less reliable. So, v8 gearheads, Name a few things that set apart a ford engine from a chevy engine. Lets go with the popular 350 5.7 chevy engine, and the mustang power house 5.0 302.  Heres a small hint, the cam is involved in one of the differences. Oh and what do you guys think about the titan and the tundra?  Wink  they both sport 8 cylinders...

im not a fan of Toyota or Nissan lol. OK how can you sit there and tell me your a gear head and then say something like "anyone that thinks push rod engines are what performance is all about, shouldn't be able to DRIVE a car" ... you've got to be kidding me?! any REAL gearhead would be ready to beet your ass for a statement like that! nascar runs pushrod motors and they rev em to the moon because nascar is true American power to its roots. your loosing touch of what performance came from man, pushrods v8s started it all and always will be about the badest ass power around. by you making that statement about pushrod motors being no good Leeds me to believe that you have absolutely no respect for the roots of were hotroding and performance came from... your not a gear head, you just like whatever everyone thinks is cool at the time. I'm not trying to bash you, that doesn't make you dumb, just bad taste in my book...

pushrod engines are the badest ass form of performance EVER, you don't see nascar ruining overhead cams on the track? you don't see monster trucks running overhead cam moter? so what TRUE form of performance DOES actually run overhead cams? rally racing isn't nearly on the level of nascar...

i think its great that you are "open minded" but id rather stand for something i like than just defend whatever the fad is, even if that makes me closed minded...
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2008, 03:28:34 PM »

real power will always be pushrod, lame power will always be overhead cam.

same with boost, those cars are all boost power, take the boost off and its a turd to the extreme. true power should be built naturaly aspirated and then all hell brakes loose once you do throw boost at it, if a moter makes all its power on boost than it only looks good on a dyno sheet, around town you get bad turbo lag and all the power is in high rpms which is USELESS power for daily driving
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2008, 03:29:59 PM »

looking back on this thread, something is wrong with this site if we cant even make fun of ricers without people actualy defending them! think about it, the thread was started as a joke and now everyone is defending the rice... disapointing
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2008, 07:39:34 PM »

So if being a ricer is all about how many cylinders you have, I guess through the eyes of the V12 and W16 owners all v8s are ricers...

05 kx 250f
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2008, 08:19:49 PM »

and i know how v tec works, all its good for is high reving power, variable valve timing right? i know what an evo or sti is capable of and i know there will always be a equally modified v8 out there to spank it. throw that much boost at a v8, and the powr doesnt even compare, those cars also have a huge weight advantage, wich makes them seem alot more powerfull. lets not even talk about low end torque, 4 bangers dont have a chance next to any v8.

I dont talk to you like your an idiot, i just like being descriptive. My point is, Dollar for dollar, your going to get a lot more out of high quality imports than you would any v8 domestic out there. Thats buy price and mods included.

As far as huge weight advantage?

umm the 06 sti is about 3350 lbs. thats at 305hp and 290ft lbs

The 06 c6 coupe weighs in at 3179lbs making 400 across the board.

I havent seen any videos or seen it myself, but i'd put money on the vette in a drag...but in the corners that c6 might as well be an aveo.

base model for both puts the sti about 10-12 grand cheaper...Put that 12 grand into your sti and you have a sickkk car.

And dude its not about defending rice and im just debating with you. I HAAAATE ricers, i see them allllllll day. But i just dont understand how people can ignore the performance and HUGE potential behind some imports. Honda is that kid on the football team that always messes up and makes your run extra laps. I blame them for the never ending import/domestic battle. ford and chevy? i blame nascar.  Cheesy

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2008, 08:34:33 PM »

real power will always be pushrod, lame power will always be overhead cam.

same with boost, those cars are all boost power, take the boost off and its a turd to the extreme. true power should be built naturaly aspirated and then all hell brakes loose once you do throw boost at it, if a moter makes all its power on boost than it only looks good on a dyno sheet, around town you get bad turbo lag and all the power is in high rpms which is USELESS power for daily driving

WHOOOOOOOAAA, i NEEEEEEEEVER said push rod engines where garbage. But damn, it seems like you and rob think if it doesnt have a push rod it might as well be a sub compact. I'm not about to put them down I'm just trying to open your squinted eyes so that you can see theres more than damn v8's!! thats all i was into when i first started school to become a mechanic, but once i started learning a lot, i realised theres a lot more than that out there. Its like a raptor owner or a kfx700 guy saying, oh there no way you will ever beat me on my 700 with that little 450. hahah your a fool to think you could ever over come the raw performance of my 700!!! see what i mean? These debates wear me out, I've engaged in plenty of them over the last few years and not one person has said "I see what you mean, and i definitely have more respect for imports now, even though i would never drive one"

Its useless, im done. I love cars and i love quads, i always study new things, and i wrench every chance i get. I AM a gearhead.

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2008, 09:03:35 PM »

Briggs ans Stratton BABY!!!
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2008, 10:13:29 PM »

lol doesnt brigs still use a flathead design on their small engines?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com