Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCCP cross country race  (Read 3047 times)
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 16, 2008, 09:02:31 PM »

I did the race on Sat. and want to fill out a report card for them and encourage others to go to one of their races.
 I have known Paul (the owner) and Shawn(Dreth) for a few years now and they are both great guys and have a love for this sport that is without compare. Paul has taken a huge financial risk to provide a private off road park for Florida and Shawn has spent a LOT of time helping to build the park and has spent a lot of time away from home to make their events a success.
 The race was run very professionally and went off without a hitch. The course was fun and had some things that are different from the XC courses that I am used to. There are a few changes that could be made and the beauty of it is that they build it for us and are happy to make whatever changes it takes to make everyone happy.
  This series is a great opportunity to practice for other races or a GREAT, less stressful place to start out in racing with minimal start up $$$. Just bring $25, your bike (any bike) sign up and have fun. My daughters (ages 9 and 12) raced the beginner class and finished 3 laps, almost 45 miles. I was so proud of them.
 So, obviously for the series to exist they need support, so come on out and give it a try, you wont be disappointed.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
floydamus

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 09:25:59 PM »

Im with you on this. to be honest out of the places i have rode its by far my favorite xc course. the jumps in the course made it really stand out from any xc style  trails i have ridden. and how abotu that lovely straight that you have botu middle way throught before you hit the track thats pertty damn fun as well. I give these guys 2  Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

05 kfx 400
hmf slip on rejeted to match it ac propegs with heal gaurds. and i plan on stage one hotcams
predatorracer8

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 11:03:06 PM »

x3 they did a great job i cant wait till it gets popular and we have class of 20-25 up there. i love the jumps mixed in the trails that was cool. i wont be able to make all of them as i planned but once i get my own truck that will change.

jake
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 11:06:44 PM »

if my bike runs, and it doesnt interfere with ftr, i will be there! I've only met paul once (quicktrac when we were cutting trails for the rally) but i met shawn a few years ago and he's definitely good people. It's been said over and over but these guys deserve EVERYONES support. I feel like a hypocrite since i have YET to go out there, but the plex will be one of the first places im going to go once my quad is back together. April 5th is the next race and i should be riding again by then so i cant wait! Glad to here everything went smooth, and not to get off topic but are you going to myakka the 29th chillin? I know i saw you there last time in january (actually in a picture, i never actually saw you when i was there) but you wernt on a quad. I think the last time i "rode" with you was back at quicktrac too, been a while!

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 06:46:34 AM »

if my bike runs, and it doesnt interfere with ftr, i will be there! I've only met paul once (quicktrac when we were cutting trails for the rally) but i met shawn a few years ago and he's definitely good people. It's been said over and over but these guys deserve EVERYONES support. I feel like a hypocrite since i have YET to go out there, but the plex will be one of the first places im going to go once my quad is back together. April 5th is the next race and i should be riding again by then so i cant wait! Glad to here everything went smooth, and not to get off topic but are you going to myakka the 29th chillin? I know i saw you there last time in january (actually in a picture, i never actually saw you when i was there) but you wernt on a quad. I think the last time i "rode" with you was back at quicktrac too, been a while!

It's hard to believe that quicktrac was only a year ago  Shocked
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 07:46:32 AM »

Sounds like a broken record but We race MX all over and its very tense at the the tracks and the kids have  some fun. Every race or feature weekend we have done at the plex the family is ready to go the next weekend. The FUN factor is at the plex and everyone looses site of this in our completive sport at other race events.  I incourage anyone to come out to any of the plex events and you will feel the same way. BTW you will be back.
  We had a blast the past weekend and got to see some of our old friends and thats what it all about.

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
backinsaddle

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 10:56:00 AM »

I agree with all comments above.  Paul & co have created a great riding destination.  It's the kids favorite by far and we really enjoy evertime we go there.  The work they do really shows.  I just wish it wasn't 400 miles from us.
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 11:57:32 AM »

Thanks for all the comments. We are a new series and new park that is learning as we go. We started the series more so to apeal to the "less competitive" and "1st time racers". There are other highly competitive, stressfull and demanding series out there that are more organized than we are. We like having the ability to ask the racers in the drivers meeting how many laps they want to run or give them a little time between races to get their kids ready for the next start. We also like giving people a place to ride after their race is over. We will grow into a fine series that will meet the needs of its riders. We try very hard to schedule our XC races around the other XC races out there to give the racers options.
If you have been to a previous event and then came out to another event I believe that it would be very hard to say that we have not improved in some way or another.
Hope to see you all at future events with some new faces.   

Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 06:56:39 PM »

Thanks for all the comments. We are a new series and new park that is learning as we go. We started the series more so to apeal to the "less competitive" and "1st time racers". There are other highly competitive, stressfull and demanding series out there that are more organized than we are. We like having the ability to ask the racers in the drivers meeting how many laps they want to run or give them a little time between races to get their kids ready for the next start. We also like giving people a place to ride after their race is over. We will grow into a fine series that will meet the needs of its riders. We try very hard to schedule our XC races around the other XC races out there to give the racers options.
If you have been to a previous event and then came out to another event I believe that it would be very hard to say that we have not improved in some way or another.
Hope to see you all at future events with some new faces.   

I LOOOVE racing, but thats the only downside, is you run for two hours and thats ALL the riding you really get to do that day. again, cant wait to come out and have some fun.

Wow quicktrac was only a year ago? feels so much longer lol.

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com