Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PICK UP YOUR TRASH (!!!!!EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!!!)  (Read 6608 times)
Mr_Daring(Swamp_King)

ATV-"More addictive than crack,more expensive too"

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 25, 2008, 07:51:57 AM »

We went to the Motoplex this weekend (had a great time) and I noticed a horrible trend and that is people just throwing their garbage on the ground. THIS REALLY TICKED ME OFF. I love this sport because I love being out doors but when someone just throws their coke can on the ground it just upsets me. So no matter where you ride if you love this sport/hobbie at all pick up after your-self. If you dont do this yell at those who do. If you do this and think its no big deal well guess what it is SO STOP.

Thank you for listening to my rant.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 07:54:27 AM »

agree, I spent an extra few minutes this weekend just cleaning up after people had thrown stuff on the ground.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 07:55:05 AM »

Clapper Clapper Clapper
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 07:56:26 AM »

We went to the Motoplex this weekend (had a great time) and I noticed a horrible trend and that is people just throwing their garbage on the ground. THIS REALLY TICKED ME OFF. I love this sport because I love being out doors but when someone just throws their coke can on the ground it just upsets me. So no matter where you ride if you love this sport/hobbie at all pick up after your-self. If you dont do this yell at those who do. If you do this and think its no big deal well guess what it is SO STOP.

That doesnt always happen in all place, its the group for people that doesnt know any better. Sorry to hear that happens at the Motoflex.

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 08:00:44 AM »

That doesnt always happen in all place, its the group for people that doesnt know any better. Sorry to hear that happens at the Motoflex.

yeah, it happened a couple times out there this weekend with some of the new people that had not been there before.

I'm not afraid to walk barefoot at the plex, but I'd be worried doing the same at another spot that shall not be named,,,,,don't act like that place is a paradise without it's problems BD.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
CEC

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 08:04:34 AM »

The 1st Thing That I Was Tought About The Woods And The 1st Thing I Tought My Son About The Woods Is "That If You Pack It Up To Take In The Woods Than Pack It Up To Take It Out Of The Woods"

2001 EZ GO LIFTED 5 INCHES ON 22'S
04 400 EX
04 400 EX
05 Terminator 50
06 Polaris Pred. 90
99 Kaw. KX 100
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 08:12:59 AM »

Yep people need to get a grip,trash doesnt just go away.It is aggravating to see.

Anoriginal

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 08:40:22 AM »

yeah, it happened a couple times out there this weekend with some of the new people that had not been there before.

I'm not afraid to walk barefoot at the plex, but I'd be worried doing the same at another spot that shall not be named,,,,,don't act like that place is a paradise without it's problems BD.

Id@

Id@,

I have to agree with you there. The absolute nastiest, most trash filled area (people and garbage) I've ever been to is that certain unnamed place.
You'll always attract some bad apples when you open up your property to the general public. The best thing to do is try to educate them, even help them clean up if needed and try to set a good example. Otherwise, every place will end up looking like that certain unnamed place......
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 08:51:48 AM »

I too saw the extra trash and was upset by it. It will get picked up but if you see someone littering please ask them WHY!!

Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 09:12:48 AM »

The motoplex has some of the nicest most considerate people I have seen, come there. No problems with the vast majority of riders.

A lot of the problems stem from empty water bottles/coke cans being pushed under the atv's rack and then bouncing off during the ride. There are always a few inconsiderates though.
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 09:46:57 AM »

Id@

Id@,

I have to agree with you there. The absolute nastiest, most trash filled area (people and garbage) I've ever been to is that certain unnamed place.
You'll always attract some bad apples when you open up your property to the general public. The best thing to do is try to educate them, even help them clean up if needed and try to set a good example. Otherwise, every place will end up looking like that certain unnamed place......

Every time I go out to RR they stop me at the gate and check my vehicle to make sure I've got plenty of trash to throw around while a ride.  Shocked

hahahaha whooooo!!!!!!!!!!  Laugh Laugh
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 09:56:30 AM »

Id@

Sounds like you have issues..........GET OVER IT!  Yeah Paul you're right, most the people dont even know that it fell off there rack till they need a drink.  I can only control want goes on in my camp and you can walk barefoot around my camp without fear of a bottle cap and other trash.

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 10:06:11 AM »

It like a big city,more folks more trash.

Lets not forget about all the dedicated folks who organize & have cleanup rides out @ ranch. Not to mention the 10k saplings that are going to be planted.Takes new generations & new motivation to clean up the past. I have seen tremendous improvements in the general appearance over last year.

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 10:17:21 AM »

Id@

Sounds like you have issues..........GET OVER IT!  Yeah Paul you're right, most the people dont even know that it fell off there rack till they need a drink.  I can only control want goes on in my camp and you can walk barefoot around my camp without fear of a bottle cap and other trash.

no issues other than a whiny female dog that couldn't stand to be called on the carpet for a comment he was making, then felt it was his personal goal in life to try to ruin my reputation on this site for it.

now, as for your camp,,,,absolutely right, your camp is probably in the top ten of cleanest/nicest camps out there,,,,,I'll never forget the time I woke up at 6am and was listening to you weed whacking the place to keep the bushes down.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2008, 10:33:16 AM »

Dang, shoot that dog and get another. 

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 10:34:42 PM »

Ive met nothing but good people at the Motoplex. I couldnt tell you about RR. Never been there.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 03:44:59 PM by Quad32x » Logged

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2008, 10:39:20 PM »

The 1st Thing That I Was Tought About The Woods And The 1st Thing I Tought My Son About The Woods Is "That If You Pack It Up To Take In The Woods Than Pack It Up To Take It Out Of The Woods"
Clapper Yes sir we have lost so many places because of this problem. Some folks have NO PRIDE and I dont care where it is...if it is a place for us to ride, we need to keep it clean. Thank you for your rant. Wink
qt314nfla

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 10:39:54 PM »

Ive meet nothing but good people at the Motoplex. I couldnt tell you about RR. Never been there.

i'm more than happy to take you and your daughter out there.  i'll let ya know when i'm done working on camp so we can go out and play.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 10:42:08 PM by QT314 » Logged
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 10:53:01 PM »

Guys lets please not make this a the plex is better than the ranch or visa versa... this is about keeping riding spots clean. I go to the ranch because it is 30 mins from my door, if the plex was not 3 hours I would go there. The ranch has been around for 30 plus years and survived several hurricanes and fires and TONS of slobs. The plex will look the same in 20 years if not taken care of NOW and if not closed down before then due to bureaucracy.  Same with the Ranch.
qt314nfla

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2008, 10:57:55 PM »

Guys lets please not make this a the plex is better than the ranch or visa versa... this is about keeping riding spots clean. I go to the ranch because it is 30 mins from my door, if the plex was not 3 hours I would go there. The ranch has been around for 30 plus years and survived several hurricanes and fires and TONS of slobs. The plex will look the same in 20 years if not taken care of NOW and if not closed down before then due to bureaucracy.  Same with the Ranch.

very well said
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 03:32:35 PM »

Id@
I noticed the weak attempt at a jab also Id@.
BD is turning into a bd & the d isnt for daddy.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2008, 03:36:41 PM »

Ive meet nothing but good people at the Motoplex. I couldnt tell you about RR. Never been there.
you arent missing anything.
predatorracer8

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2008, 02:39:44 PM »

the only time ive ever litter in the woods was when my quad broke and i had watch instead of race the QS in myakka, and i brought a soda bottle out there put it down and forgot about until i was about 1 1/2 hours away....ooopppppsssss.

jake
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2008, 09:06:37 PM »

I have not been on in a while doing a lot of reading but holy crap some of you guys have changed for the worst....wow

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com