Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Palm Beach Post Article on ATV off-roading  (Read 6075 times)
CChase

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 19, 2008, 11:25:40 AM »

Hello all,

I am a freelance writer for the Palm Beach Post, headquartered in West Palm Beach, Florida.  I have just been assigned a story to cover the popularity of off-roading and four-wheelers here in our state of Florida.  Basically I am asking for your help on this.  I'm looking for popular destinations, a few quotes and why your sport is so appealing and exciting.

On top of that, I would be greatly appreciative of those who could send me a few pictures, we will happily give you credit (or whomever took the picture).

Please e-mail me at ched.chase@gmail.com if you would be kind enough to help me out here.  This will be a featured story in the Palm Beach Post's Explore the Outdoors section and I have a deadline of Feb. 27 to get this done.

I look forward to hearing from anyone willing to help out. 

A big thanks in advance to all of you.  I look forward to hearing about the fun you have here in South Florida!

Thanks again,

Ched.
ched.chase@gmail.com
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 12:23:07 PM »

I just sent him a good e-mail.

Thumbs Up

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
CChase

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 12:51:55 PM »

Yes, you did.  Much appreciated!
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 01:38:22 PM »

I will send you an email and pictures when I get home tonight. Thanks for helping out the cause.
Frank Bartus

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 01:44:14 PM »

pretty soon there won't be any places down there to ride legally.

any pics you want to use out of the ones below, feel free.

http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r242/ida_mann/

and if you really want to get a feeling for the type of family one finds in the ATV community, come on up to the Motoplex in North Florida this weekend, there is a big ride up there and a few people are coming from the PSL area.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
CChase

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 02:27:28 PM »

Thank you both!

Id@, do you have this picture without the watermark  http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r242/ida_mann/?action=view&current=IMG_6989.jpg

Could you email that to me? ched.chase@gmail.com

Again, I'll be sure to give anyone the proper credit if we run their picture(s).

Thanks
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 02:30:38 PM »

I do, and you should know, that was taken at Hardrock in Ocala, the rider was doing about 30mph around a corner and just happened to look over at that moment.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
CChase

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 03:02:26 PM »

I do, and you should know, that was taken at Hardrock in Ocala, the rider was doing about 30mph around a corner and just happened to look over at that moment.

Id@

Wow. If you could provide the name of the rider if you know it that would be great, and I am assuming you took that picture?

Thanks! I look forward to seeing the picture.
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 05:14:37 PM »

Careful here a few years back they did a story on my daughters in the SunSentinal & they "reporters" or the editor twisted the comments to make it suit there needs.Spent alot of conversations with Diane Claud and Mitra Matrik? Anyways not saying this story will get twisted but ultimately its up to the editor on how it gets printed!

CChase

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 05:17:33 PM »

I don't have any needs, nor does my editor, this is a story about what you all do for fun.

I also have nothing to do with the SunSentel. I am writing this story for the Palm Beach Post.

Thanks,

Ched
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:25:00 AM by CChase » Logged
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 05:24:37 PM »

I don't have any needs, nor does my editor, this is a story about what you all do for fun.

I also have nothing to do with the "SunSentinal".  I am writing this story for the Palm Beach Post.

Thanks,

Ched

I was just sayin........

Anyways we will take you at your word until you prove otherwise.There is a dyer need to set up some sort of organized ATV'ing family style venue in PBC...All that wasted tax payer money on the Mecca farm site comes to mind.We cant hurt dirt! Especially the way the county plowed all the vegetation away for the big $$$$ corporate types..

big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 05:25:35 PM »

I also have nothing to do with the "SunSentinal".  I am writing this story for the Palm Beach Post.

Thanks,

Ched

Why?

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 05:28:53 PM »

here is a picture of my son on an organized group/clean-up ride in Holylands in 07

and this was a Family group ride to Ft. Myers area with the ATVMIAXTREME CREW and some ATVFLORIDA

Ocala April 07

and 1 family convoy to Sebring in 07

let me know if you need more you can also contact me by PM

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
CChase

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 05:31:10 PM »

Why? Because this is for an outdoors section, highlighting what people do for fun outdoors.

Plus, there's only so much you can write about golfing, isn't there?

I feel your pain Bushwacker, my only intention is to highlight the good times you all have, where you can have it and open eyes to an alternative sport, if you will.  My hopes is people will get a different perspective or maybe even learn something new all together.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 05:33:08 PM by CChase » Logged
CChase

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 05:32:30 PM »

Thanks Gato!
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 05:32:38 PM »

Fair enough Wink

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 05:37:47 PM »

Id@

Wow. If you could provide the name of the rider if you know it that would be great, and I am assuming you took that picture?

Thanks! I look forward to seeing the picture.

yup I took it and I'll try to find out the name of the rider,,,,,he was racing in the SSQSA series that is headed up by a guy named Brett on this site, his name here is LostCause.

Also, please forgive our reservations about talking to the press, bushwacker is right, we have been burned on this site before by the press, so we are just a little wary.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
CChase

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 06:36:32 PM »

Awesome Ida, thank you.

I totally understand your reservations about the media.  I worked in the newspaper business long enough (and have since moved on, I am doing this as side work now) to know that things do get slanted.

I hope bushwacker took no offense to my response, I want to give you guys an avenue to share your world and that's what I plan to do. 

But, since this is a Palm Beach County/South Florida paper, I'll obviously have to focus on where our readership would have to travel to.

Thanks to all of you,

Ched.
predatorracer8

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 07:57:35 PM »

to bad your deadline isnt march 3 or 4 cause you would definately have lots of good pictures from all of us who race the gncc.

jake
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 09:42:59 PM »

He may not be able to catch the GNCC, but he could take find pictures from last year and promote this year's event.

It would be so much better if he could get in touch with someone from FTR and get pictures and promote our own state series.

Use www.floridatrailriders.org somewhere in your story...That would be awesome!

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 09:24:21 AM »

I sent you 1 attached picture on my e-mail along with a photobucket link. Can you not use alink like that?

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
CChase

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 10:24:10 AM »

He may not be able to catch the GNCC, but he could take find pictures from last year and promote this year's event.

It would be so much better if he could get in touch with someone from FTR and get pictures and promote our own state series.

Use www.floridatrailriders.org somewhere in your story...That would be awesome!

I'll be sure to mention the site and the races you hold.  However, this will probably run after the March 3 or 4 event so I couldn't promote this particular race.  I'll check and see when the races are and get a little blurb about them.

I sent you 1 attached picture on my e-mail along with a photobucket link. Can you not use alink like that?

I got it, thank you.  I can use photobucket links, but if you have the actual high-res picture, it would be better.  This way the page designer can utilize the picture without having to worry about it becoming pixelated.  But, this will work I think.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 11:06:36 AM »

a link to the post about who the picture is of.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31584.0.html

also, I'm still looking for the full size picture, I should have it shortly, I have a couple of DVDs to go through.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
CChase

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 11:15:52 AM »

I appreciate the help!
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2008, 11:27:47 AM »

anything I can do.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com