Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: macbook air  (Read 2737 times)
predatorracer8

« on: February 14, 2008, 07:59:24 PM »

im at best buy on the macbook air, this thing is sweet!

jake
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 07:04:11 AM »

I'd be afraid of breaking it.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 02:47:23 PM »

It's cool as hell, but man, I'd break it within 24hrs, lol

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
predatorracer8

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 03:14:20 PM »

it has an aluminum shell
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 10:18:09 PM »

OK, I'd be afraid of bending it.

I had to take apart a mac once,,,,,it's actually mine now because of the time it took for me to get it apart and put it back together was too much for the customer so I kept it.

for any other PC laptop,,,,,normally within 1-3 screws you can get the hard drive out,,,,,with the mac,,,,,,,I counted, 43 screws.

freakin insane, and I bent up some aluminum parts on the inside that will never go back in right, so I left them out.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Slick89

Chevrolet all the way!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 02:23:57 AM »

LOL In other words them "aluminum parts" were optional on the specific year model.  Them Macs are the nicest most user friendly computers you can get.

2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593
predatorracer8

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 10:35:26 AM »

ya it actually come with a 350 or 427 your choice, you can also add some racing stripes and straight pipes for additional charges.
logandzwon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 09:40:03 PM »

I had to take apart a mac once,,,,,it's actually mine now because of the time it took for me to get it apart and put it back together was too much for the customer so I kept it.

for any other PC laptop,,,,,normally within 1-3 screws you can get the hard drive out,,,,,with the mac,,,,,,,I counted, 43 screws.

freakin insane, and I bent up some aluminum parts on the inside that will never go back in right, so I left them out.

Id@

Perhaps you should not be taking apart notebooks then.  The Hard drive is removable with one screw on the macbook.  With the unit upside down, you remove the screw and the hard drive comes out.  On other units it's not user serviceable.  If you know what your doing and careful you can strip a mac and rebuild it just as easy as any other IBM or dell.  Actually I find the macbook pro very easy to work on.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 10:00:23 PM »

Id@

Perhaps you should not be taking apart notebooks then.  The Hard drive is removable with one screw on the macbook.  With the unit upside down, you remove the screw and the hard drive comes out.  On other units it's not user serviceable.  If you know what your doing and careful you can strip a mac and rebuild it just as easy as any other IBM or dell.  Actually I find the macbook pro very easy to work on.

not user servicable? so what do you do when the hard drive fails? throw it out?

this was not a macbook,,,,I wish it were per your description, it is an iBook G4.

been working well for me ever since I repaired to OS,,,,took me about an hour to figure that part out.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com