Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIPPED OFF BY ATVFLORIDA MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 12837 times)
686RAPTOR

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 14, 2008, 02:50:04 PM »

Last week i purchased a traxxas t-max from a member called turbo6jc. Before i sent him the money i asked him to make sure the t-max was currently running. He called me back and told me it was working great. The t-maxx gets to my house and it would not start. I took it to 2 hobby stores near by my house and both hobby stores told me the same thing, the engine is blown. I have made a couple of deals thru this site and never got ripped off. I have purchased a couple of things on this site and always sent my money first trusting that i dont get ripped off. I purchased trailer from Scratchupbangupboy sent him the money upfront and never had a problem. I purchased banshee parts from cutngrs sent him the money upfront and never had a problem. Now i send turbo6jc $200 for a t-maxx and it has a blown engine that according to him was running great. turbo6jc is now offering to refund me back $50 out of the $200 i sent. I know theres not much i can do but this is just a warning to the rest of you guys not to buy from turbo6jc. He has a couple of things left for sale and i just wanna make sure you guys dont make the same mistake. thanks
LINK500

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 03:19:06 PM »

$50??? That is pretty ridiculous. You sent him $200 for a working truck. Why wouldn't he send you back a full refund if it was not working? What a dirtbag!!!
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 04:30:55 PM »

I hate being ripped off.  I sold my two r/c cars on eBay for $250.00 and the buyer scammed me.  He paid me upfront and everything.  I sent him the cars and while they were in route to his house he filed for a claim via paypal.  Paypal granted him in favor!!  I was like WTF... its been probably 3months+ now and I still don't have my money or cars even though I have emailed AND called paypal plenty of times.  That SOB is lucky he lives in NY because if he lived close... I would be doing life Angry

Thats BS though, only $50 even though you paid him $200?  Does he honestly think anyone who sees this thread will buy from him again? Roll Eyes

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
alex821

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 04:54:32 PM »

Try to get at least $130 from him. That is what a new engine costs with the Traxxas Replacement Plan.
http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/erp/trx_erp-33.htm

-Alex

2006 Polaris 500 EFI "Red Flame"
EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 06:05:11 PM »

on the up side you can buy a piston and sleeve for around 50 and its not hard to install, it does suck that u were told it did run and its sh*t now, good luck and thank you for giving us the heads up

02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 06:07:26 PM »

Do what EigerGuy said.  Then sell it on eBay for $250.  eBay is full of people that don't know the retail values Wink

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 06:23:18 PM »

I would do the same thing if I knew the truck was running when I shipped it and suddenly it doesn't, last I knew they would run for a short while and run rough if they were blown, so maybe he got it running for a short time to make sure and sent it to you not knowing it was blown,,,,,then he gets a call or an email from you saying it's blown and you want your money back.

in the same situation knowing what little info I do here I would act exactly as he is if this is the case.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
686RAPTOR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 07:14:34 PM »

According to him it was running great. I was never able to turn it on. The hobby store said i would be lucky if it moved 2 feet. That wasnt just one hobby store guy, i actually took it to 2 hobby stores and both guys said the same thing. Regardless at the end of the day i blame myself for being the sucker. All i can do is take it as a leson learned.
686RAPTOR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 07:27:46 PM »

Ida sounds like the guy that sold me the truck might be your buddy or something. So you telling me you would sell a broken toy to some one on this site and before they ship you the money you gonna tell them it works great? because thats exactly what happened to me. You think that guy didnt know he had a blown engine. If the car worked great i would be able to use it right now. It suddenly didnt stop working like you mentioned. It never worked. I basically got raped with no vasoline and wanna make sure it dont happen to any one else. Ida if you want he has another t-max truck he is selling im sure it runs great. thank you
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 07:28:34 PM »

As already stated, replace the piston and rings, less about 40 bucks cut your losses there.
 Sorry that it seems you have been shafted, But Ida does raise a good point !!!

I have been shafted recently by a member here for alot more than 200 bucks

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 07:30:56 PM »

Ida sounds like the guy that sold me the truck might be your buddy or something. So you telling me you would sell a broken toy to some one on this site and before they ship you the money you gonna tell them it works great? because thats exactly what happened to me. You think that guy didnt know he had a blown engine. If the car worked great i would be able to use it right now. It suddenly didnt stop working like you mentioned. It never worked. I basically got raped with no vasoline and wanna make sure it dont happen to any one else. Ida if you want he has another t-max truck he is selling im sure it runs great. thank you
Elevation has alot to do with how those run, ig your at a different elevation than he is, that would have some effect on it.
 FYI, I dont know this guy, and I dont think Ida does either. Ida is a stand up guy, I would trust in.

The " Black Pearl "
686RAPTOR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 07:35:17 PM »

That guy is in New Port Richey not really sure if thats a difference in elevation. i have no problems with ida dont know him either, just didnt like that he said he would do the same thing.
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 07:39:52 PM »

That would be enough to make a small difference , but should still start HARD and run rough until adjusted.
 Anyway, try to get the parts and fix it yourself if he doesnt refund the $$, should be around 40 bucks, and a simple fix

The " Black Pearl "
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 07:53:27 PM »

If 686Raptor is true to his word, then theres no chance in hell the original owner got it running.  If it was blown it would not of started for him either.  So when the seller said "It starts and runs great" hes full of bullsh!t.

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
quadracer1992
Supreme Member

***Anthony*** **FF+J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 09:27:34 PM »

If 686Raptor is true to his word, then theres no chance in hell the original owner got it running.  If it was blown it would not of started for him either.  So when the seller said "It starts and runs great" hes full of bullsh!t.
I say you fight him!

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 10:12:44 PM »

I feel ya man. You trust someone, and they shaft you.They know what their doing before they do it...I don't care what anyone says. I got ripped before Christmas and still haven't seen any results.
   Live and learn at your own expense. I guess that's what life is coming too. Hopefully you can get it fixed.
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 10:26:16 PM »

I say you fight him!

I guess that was supposed to be funny Dunno.  Grow up, don't ruin this thread.

And it sucks getting ripped... I seriously would kill the guy that scammed me on eBay.

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 08:07:59 AM »

I won't dignify your first question here with a response.

I won't repeat what I have already said but it seems like comprehension isn't one of your better qualities.  In my experience with those engines, you can get them running if they are blown, they just won't run all that great.  You stated before that the two shops you took it to only told you it was blown, not that it wouldn't move two feet.  So how am I to know that?

From what you said before my post it could have seemed to someone else that the seller might have been telling the truth and you just couldn't get it running good enough so you went off on the guy.

Now with some new information you just provided, it certainly seems like you were scammed,,,,,,but I agree with the above that you should just get a sleeve kit and ask the guy for reimbursment for that cost,,,,,wait for his response THEN post about it here.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
686RAPTOR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 09:29:35 AM »

He wants me to ship it back so he can fix it now. How can i trust someone who already screwed me over once. It might be easy for you guys to say ship it back no problem so he can fix it. Its not that easy for me.
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 10:24:13 AM »

The way I see it, you got nothing to lose other than what you already have lost. I say fix it yourself, then send him the bill and give him the benefit of the doubt.
  Don't go off on Ida, he's kewl and honest. I know your pissed because you feel your getting screwed; I felt the same way when my deal went bad. The guy I dealt with got his and left me hanging. At least he's offerring you something.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 01:54:07 PM »

If the motor is blown then there should be some scaoring in the cylinder & piston. Take a close up pic of the scoaring & post it on here. I would like to hear fro the seller his story.
Sounds like he hosed you, but if it were me, knowing what they actually cost, I would take the $50 offer, fix it myself & never do business with this guy again.
Lots of people know what you state he has done to you so that will actually hurt his future selling on here.
If he beleives that it wasnt "blown", then IMHO he would be on here defending himself. my $.02
You could always sue him or take him to small claims. If you have all the text on how good it runs & it showed up blown, he would have to pay you back & court costs. Then he would be the one getting hosed.
If it is a minor who sold it to you, reverse the address online & call to speak to his parents & explain the issue, maybe they will have higher morals than he does.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 01:56:35 PM by greenmachine » Logged
686RAPTOR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 01:54:42 PM »

look at the FOR SALE SECTION UNDER MISCELLANEOUS. Look for title TRAXXAS T-MAX. Follow the conversation were me and him were back in forth about the truck. At one point i ask him what does the purchase  include and is it currently working? See his reply. Thats were he mentions the truck is running great. I posted ttt on that TRAXXAS T-MAX thread so it will be on the top of the MISCELLANEOUS SECTION. Its not like the guy told me over the phone that it runs great he actually posted it on that section during our conversation about the truck.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 01:57:27 PM »

look at the FOR SALE SECTION UNDER MISCELLANEOUS. Look for title TRAXXAS T-MAX. Follow the conversation were me and him were back in forth about the truck. At one point i ask him what does the purchase  include and is it currently working? See his reply. Thats were he mentions the truck is running great. I posted ttt on that TRAXXAS T-MAX thread so it will be on the top of the MISCELLANEOUS SECTION. Its not like the guy told me over the phone that it runs great he actually posted it on that section during our conversation about the truck.
print it before he erases the post completely, he can do that.
686RAPTOR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2008, 01:59:14 PM »

I dont know how to put the link on here. can any one help. Its in the FOR SALE MISCELLANEOUS SECTION. It should still be on the first page.
Thunderdually

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2008, 02:35:04 PM »

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,29854.0.html

"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"

Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print