Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reflections of a First Time QS Racer!  (Read 11177 times)
bandida

a/k/a Mrs. Blackflag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2008, 01:50:13 AM »

Hey, Pat...thanks for your "reflections".   The way you described it, is just how I'm imagining it.  I'm a 33 year old woman, out of shape, and overweight.   I'm thinking of going to the Sarasota race coming up on 3/29, and I am definitely not ready for this.  I should get in some sort of shape and wait for the next race.  However, since I learned of this racing so late in my life, I don't want to miss anymore  opportunities.  I keep saying to myself that I'm freak'n crazy to do this.  I'm not even a mom yet!  I should be thinking of having kids, not racing!!  Hey, at least you have kids...I may lose my ovaries out there!! 

Anyway, I went to practice yesterday, for an hour, and today I can hardly walk....Oh yeah...I am SOOOOOOO not ready for this.   I had this attitude of "I'm in it to win it"....after yesterday's practice, I'm saying "I'm in it to finish it!!"   Cheesy

It should be fun...I'll have to be rolled around in a wheelchair for two weeks after the race, but it should be fun.   Undecided
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 01:53:58 AM by bandida » Logged

2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4x4
2006 YFZ 450
2006 Yamaha Banshee
2005 Yamaha Raptor 350
1985 Kawasaki ATC 160
1983 Honda ATC 200
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 01:21:55 PM »

haha awesome! Best of luck! I'm hoping this is going to be my best race yet, buttt i havent been able to ride for a couple months so who knows!

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 01:30:43 PM »

If you use any excuse not to come and play, it will be your loss. No one said you HAD to go as fast as you can. You can go as fast as you want. Let it take you into a conditioning mindset. I know too many, "bigger than they'd like to be" people that have much endurance and capabilities.
Don't make any excuses. Just come and enjoy riding on private property with not having to look over your shoulder for "The Man." It's not a beauty contest. Have you seen my hair?
 Smiley

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
bandida

a/k/a Mrs. Blackflag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2008, 02:38:18 PM »

If you use any excuse not to come and play, it will be your loss. No one said you HAD to go as fast as you can. You can go as fast as you want. Let it take you into a conditioning mindset. I know too many, "bigger than they'd like to be" people that have much endurance and capabilities.
Don't make any excuses. Just come and enjoy riding on private property with not having to look over your shoulder for "The Man." It's not a beauty contest. Have you seen my hair?
 Smiley

No excuses made here....just sharing my thoughts, but mostly fears.  Undecided  I'm still going gosh darn it, even with my medieval Banshee that many or some shun upon.  No. No.   Beauty contest? Hotty    Not sure what you meant by that comment, but if I cared about what people thought of me, I would be sitting at home knitting, or getting my nails done, not riding a sports quad.   Jester   If your comment was because of my overweight comment,  I said it because I'm out of shape, and don't have much endurance, they go hand in hand....not because of how I look.   Wink

That's me...I was mudding on my Banshee.   Yeah...uh?  That's when they called me crazy.   Looney

* bansheedog.jpg (51.62 KB, 640x480 - viewed 144 times.)

2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4x4
2006 YFZ 450
2006 Yamaha Banshee
2005 Yamaha Raptor 350
1985 Kawasaki ATC 160
1983 Honda ATC 200
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2008, 03:00:38 PM »