Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Never ever listen to a salesman. Or Buy any thing from RideNow  (Read 14867 times)
Thunderdually

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 04, 2008, 11:26:06 AM »

Never ever listen to a salesman. They either don't know what the hell their talking about or they just want to make a buck so they will tell you any thing (EVEN if it's a lie that could get you killed). My family decided to buy a couple of ATV's. My daughter and her husband had just bought a couple of them from RideNow so that's where we went. (they told them the same lie). My wife and younger daughter have no desire to ride one by themselves so we were looking for a machine big enough to handle to riders. We told the salesman what we were looking for he showed us a few machines and we liked the Polaris because they we big and looked like they would do the job for us. I have to take the blame for some of my problem I should have checked things out more then I did. Well like an Idiot and the fact I was new to the world of ATV's I listen to the salesman when he told us that all we had to do was buy a back seat for them and we ready to go. (I later learned the back seat was nothing more then a storage box with a seat rest. Yeah he sold them to my daughter and husband also). Well the first trip to Croom taught us that our ATV's could not be used for two riders.

Now I have two very expensive ATV's that we can't use for the purpose we bought them for. I called Ridenow and told them I was very unhappy about the fact they sold us two machines that we can't use for what we bought them for. The salesman said he didn't know why I was making a fuss over it that they rode two people on ATV's at Croom all the time and no one ever says any thing about it. He also said he would see what he could do about it and would call me back in a couple of hours. (Yeah and the check is in the mail) That was two days ago.

So if any one is thing of buying a ATV for the purpose of ridding two on it make sure the machine they show you is built for two riders. They do make them.  Our salesman did not show them to us because it was beyond our credit limit.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 09:55:04 PM by Thunderdually » Logged

"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"

Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4
shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 01:04:39 PM »

I am sorry to hear that. My experience with Ridenow was unfavorable as well.

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 01:12:18 PM »

Never heard of them, where are they? In Pinellas?

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 01:18:02 PM »

Edit: Sounds like it's more of your fault for not knowing what you were buying and where you could use it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 01:19:41 PM by 94Hardbody4x4 » Logged

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 01:18:36 PM »

Never heard of them, where are they? In Pinellas?
Yeah it used to be Cycle Springs until Ridenow bought them. It is on 19 just south of Curlew.

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein
predatorracer8

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 01:19:25 PM »

ridenow has 36 location a couple are in pinellas i know a guy who works there as a salesman and he even says they are a crock o sheet business, there mechanics dont need to have gone to school to be hired as a mechanic they just have to pass the company test. but good thing you picked a polaris or you would have had this problem but with another brand quad you would have broke down out in croom on top of things. Cool
predatorracer8

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 01:21:04 PM »

Edit: Sounds like it's more of your fault for not knowing what you were buying and where you could use it.

dont pick on polaris yamacrap or hocrap lol
BIGREDTIDE

3-wheelers....you just gotta know how to ride 'em!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 01:23:32 PM »

Hate to hear that!

On another note....be sure to do your homework before buying, especially if not much experience with ATV's.  A dealer would NEVER pull anything over on someone whom knows their sport!   Wink

Actually there are only a few 2-up ATV's made to choose from right now.  Not including UTV's.

Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 01:42:06 PM »

I own a Honda.

predatorracer8

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 01:47:54 PM »

I own a Hocrap.

i fixed it for you
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 01:57:33 PM »

but good thing you picked a polaris or you would have had this problem but with another brand quad you would have broke down out in croom on top of things. Cool
They could be going down a trail at croom in reverse while actually being in third gear. Thats sweeeeet!!!

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
686RAPTOR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 02:07:11 PM »

when i went to go finance a new honda trx 450 last year i asked the sales man how fast you think this should go? he replied with 90 mph. im not sure if he actually thinks thats true or if i had sucker written on my forehead that day. the sales man was even saying its the fastest stock bike out, some people might agree on that but i dont. what i am trying to say is that i felt like i knew alot more about atvs than that idiot did.
Thunderdually

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 03:30:50 PM »

Well yes I do assume some of the Fault.

I should have looked into the type of ATV I was buying
I shouldn't have believed a salesman that was more interested in making a buck then telling the truth.

The Ridenow that I bought from is RideNow Powersports of Port Richey  (formerly Gulf Coast Motorsports)

26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 03:40:31 PM »

Should have just got a Honda.

Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 03:56:27 PM »

And the salesman was an ass for taking advantage of them.  A standup dealer will not do this to you just to make a sale.  Times may be hurting but thats low.

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 04:06:09 PM »

There are good and bad salesmen out there unfortunately most are bad and you have to assume that going into any purchase they don't know very much. They want their commision check and if it means telling you what you want to hear and not the truth they will do it. Between car dealers that try and sell a Mustang GT with Cobra emblems on it as a Cobra to the salesman at Brandsmart that swears an upconverting DVD player is the same quality as HD DVD or Blu Ray.

You learned a really expensive lesson hopefully you can find other places to ride that allow you to have a passenger on the back or can sell them without taking too big of a loss.

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
Thunderdually

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 04:10:29 PM »

I have nothing against Honda. But It has nothing to do with Who Made the ATV but it has every thing to with the people you deal with. I could have had the same problem at a Honda dealer If I had of talked to a salesman that Had the same attitude as the ridenow salesman.

26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Thunderdually

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 04:19:59 PM »

There are good and bad salesmen out there unfortunately most are bad and you have to assume that going into any purchase they don't know very much. They want their commision check and if it means telling you what you want to hear and not the truth they will do it. Between car dealers that try and sell a Mustang GT with Cobra emblems on it as a Cobra to the salesman at Brandsmart that swears an upconverting DVD player is the same quality as HD DVD or Blu Ray.

You learned a really expensive lesson hopefully you can find other places to ride that allow you to have a passenger on the back or can sell them without taking too big of a loss.

Bill

Your Right I did learn a lesson. It's getting harder and harder to trust people.

While talking to other people and a ranger I have found out that Ocala may even stop double riding on even A 2up ATV. I also Talked to a ranger at Croom and he said that they will have some new rules in June. Knowing this I may just keep what I have as The kids like to ride them. And buy a side by side for me and the wife. But I can tell you I won't buy it or any thing else from Ridenow.

26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 04:26:30 PM »

I have nothing against Honda. But It has nothing to do with Who Made the ATV but it has every thing to with the people you deal with. I could have had the same problem at a Honda dealer If I had of talked to a salesman that Had the same attitude as the ridenow salesman.

I'm just pullin your leg man. A dealership is a dealership. You can get hassled at any one of them. I would ask around (especially here) alot more before you go buy another atv.

And FYI, Can-Am makes an 800cc 2 person Outlander. Alot more pricier than the standard Polaris though.

crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 04:57:48 PM »

you cant blame the salesman he did his job he got u a bike that can fit 2 people on it its got the nice seat he told you it could fit he did not lie

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
predatorracer8

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 05:42:58 PM »

but good thing you picked a polaris or you would have had this problem but with another brand quad you would have broke down out in croom on top of things. Cool
They could be going down a trail at croom in reverse while actually being in third gear. Thats sweeeeet!!!

oh that hurt my suga is just havin some down time, shell be back.
Thunderdually

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2008, 05:44:48 PM »

I'm just pullin your leg man. A dealership is a dealership. You can get hassled at any one of them. I would ask around (especially here) alot more before you go buy another atv.

And FYI, Can-Am makes an 800cc 2 person Outlander. Alot more pricier than the standard Polaris though.

I know you were just kidding around. and that's the way I took it.  looks like the Can-Am 800cc 2 person Outlander runs around $14 000 and The Polaris 2 UP that I looked at today runs around $10 000 I don't know any thing about the Can-Am But if it's the same company that used to make the Bombardier Snowmobile they made a kick ass sled.

26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2008, 05:58:38 PM »

I bought my atv from Ride Now in Clearwater. I own a 2 up atv. I must say that you need to be smarter than the salesman these days so you don't get scammed. That will be some total bs if I can't ride my 2 up atv at croom anymore. I may just end up selling it if that happens.

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
Thunderdually

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2008, 06:18:23 PM »

I bought my atv from Ride Now in Clearwater. I own a 2 up atv. I must say that you need to be smarter than the salesman these days so you don't get scammed. That will be some total bs if I can't ride my 2 up atv at croom anymore. I may just end up selling it if that happens.

Well hopefully they won't ban the 2 up's But even if they start enforcing their rules I won't be able to ride at Croom because the rules state that ATV's must weight less then 500 pounds to ride there. according to the stats on my Polaris it weighs 605 pounds and the 2 UP weighs 830 pounds.

26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

atvtrailer
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2008, 06:24:04 PM »

That will be some total bs if I can't ride my 2 up atv at croom anymore. I may just end up selling it if that happens.

To ride double at croom the quad has to be designed to ride 2 from the manufacture (not from adding something on the back rack) so if you have a true 2 person quad then you shouldn't have any problems.

05 450r #13B
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com