Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QS hopeful need advice  (Read 3253 times)
Cosmo

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: January 13, 2008, 06:30:44 PM »

Hey guys, I started riding about 2 months ago been doing alot of riding. My buddy races Harescrambles on his kx250. Long story short the racing scene has grown on me. I want to get into racing, problem *of sort* is im a big ass guy.. 6'3 300lbs and ride a kfx700 which is a 560lb quad. I am curious if there is even a class I could be competitive in, I am pretty quick but I dont know if there is even a class I could ride in. Any other big guys/quads racing out there?

89 330R
predatorracer8

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 06:48:56 PM »

ya theres more big guys than you think judge your class on your skill not weight.
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 07:02:23 PM »

i'd just start out in beginner and work my way up! I was thrown off by your avatar, when you said big ass guy i was like whaaaaaat?! lol. But ya, start out in beginner or c-open and go from there. I saw two people at the last race in c-open with kfx700's. Of course the 450's rule every class their allowed in, but that doesnt mean you need one to win!

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
predatorracer8

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 07:03:55 PM »

i'd just start out in beginner and work my way up! I was thrown off by your avatar, when you said big ass guy i was like whaaaaaat?! lol. But ya, start out in beginner or c-open and go from there. I saw two people at the last race in c-open with kfx700's. Of course the 450's rule every class their allowed in, but that doesnt mean you need one to win!

450's win every class because everybody has one.
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 07:06:36 PM »

Hey guys, I started riding about 2 months ago been doing alot of riding. My buddy races Harescrambles on his kx250. Long story short the racing scene has grown on me. I want to get into racing, problem *of sort* is im a big ass guy.. 6'3 300lbs and ride a kfx700 which is a 560lb quad. I am curious if there is even a class I could be competitive in, I am pretty quick but I dont know if there is even a class I could ride in. Any other big guys/quads racing out there?

Come on out and have some fun. You will have a blast no matter where you finish.

First I would worry about finishing a 2 hour race.

Then try to be competitive.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 09:01:49 PM »

450's win every class because everybody has one.

That what i ment by "rule," i should of said "over run" haha

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
Cosmo

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 10:26:51 PM »

Sounds good. Stamina wise Im pretty good, only problem is the thumb throttle on the kfx700 is realllllly stiff and gives you cramps at 45minutes. I heard the 400ex thumb works, just gotta take out some slack in the throttle cable.

89 330R
Pat

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 09:45:55 AM »

I just did my first race this past Saturday at Myakka.  Wow! Awesome! You'll love it. I just submitted a little synopsis of my experience that you can read.  If I can give any advice...just make sure you're in shape because it takes a lot of you to keep going as fast as you can for that long.
Pat
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,30684.0.html

Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 11:06:19 AM »

Sounds good. Stamina wise Im pretty good, only problem is the thumb throttle on the kfx700 is realllllly stiff and gives you cramps at 45minutes. I heard the 400ex thumb works, just gotta take out some slack in the throttle cable.

You can open the thumd throttle up and remove the spring in there. That will help a little.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 02:34:55 PM »

Or get a twist. Or even a throttle from a jet ski.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
Cosmo

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 02:38:26 PM »

Pat: good read thanks!

trx: I will check it out when I get back down to our shop to go riding.

svt: the 700 has so much power as it is, holding on is a chore, dont know twist would be the greatest idea lol

89 330R
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com