Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: for those who know my boss.....  (Read 5603 times)
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: December 25, 2007, 06:33:33 PM »

funny story I HAD to share about the weekly meeting that happened on Friday.

I had one of my quads in the back of my truck because I had gone up to Salt Springs to clear out the storage shed that we were paying $64 a month for and it had a bunch of stuff in it so I had to make room in my trailer for it all.

Anyway, my boss mentioned that having something big and dirty in the back of my truck while going to customer's homes and businesses is not the best image he would like to portray,,,,I understand this so I explained to him about the storage facility and that I needed help to clean out my trailer so I could get both quads back in the trailer.

At this his eyes lit up and he said "BOTH ATVs?, you have TWO?".  I responded yes I have two, to which he asked,,,,,"can I ride one some time? please?"

yes, you are seeing correctly, Mr Sierra club member, Mr carbon-credit-buying-environmentalist, Mr. I can't believe you go scare Bambi with those machines,,,,,,wants to go for a ride.  He even offered some land across the street from his home to go ride on,,,,,,,he lives on the St. Johns in Osteen.

So my question is,,,,should I take him riding?

I figure I would start in the morning and the day would go something like this.....

we'd start by going to a couple of places near Orlando and at each one I would stop when we got there and say something like "oh yeah, forgot they built a golf course/hotel/office building here, well we gotta go somewhere else.

Then go to another spot about an hour away and stop when we get there to say " that's right,,,,,I forgot the Sierra club helped get this place closed to ATVs, we gotta go somewhere else."

then top it off with saying were going to Ocala with 400,000 acres to roam from and stop at the cabin there for lunch and ride around the front yard for a few minutes,,,,,then tell him because of help from the Sierra club, we have to put the quads back on the trailer and go about 20 minutes down the road instead of being able to ride out of the front yard like I had been doing since 1988.  Then take him to the most whooped out trails I know of and ask him if he's having a good time.

Of course if I ever did do this, it would be just so I could get pictures of him on a quad to post on the Sierra club's website or something ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
qt314nfla

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 06:45:52 PM »

LMMFAO Nathan!  Classic!  However, I'd introduce him to it in a way that he likes it so he might change his mind.
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 07:22:57 PM »

Get him riding so he can see our side of the story. Grin

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Born to ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 07:50:28 PM »

If he wont go I sure will
foreman1

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 07:53:29 PM »

I would'nt , they're set in there ways .
If he wants to ride , tell him buy himself bike and deal with all the BS atv'rs deal with just to ride.
Especially an enviromentalist , I would'nt  give people like that a ride even if they broke their ankle while hiking.

Evil

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185
bignickwaite

yee haww

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 10:52:15 PM »

find a nice dusty trail and just give him a half helmet .......lol.. i love stories about your boss.......lmao

Bruteforce SRA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 11:46:38 PM »

Remember what happens when you let "someone else" ride your bike Thumbs Down ....I agree with foreman1..let him buy his own bike
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 12:04:58 AM »

I disagree.  Take him to Big Scrub, park at the unloading area near Blue Sink and take him on a trip he is going to find very peaceful and serene.  Take the trail the heads north from there and it loops around (I would guess about 5 miles) and brings you back.  Let him see that there is more to ATV's than loud pipes, roosting, jumps and broken necks.   Wink

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 01:34:45 AM »

Take him on the back....Leave him somewhere inside the forest....
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 08:00:20 AM »

find a nice dusty trail and just give him a half helmet .......lol.. i love stories about your boss.......lmao

I like this idea,,,,,,,,or no helmet at all

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 08:40:02 AM »

Take him somewhere that he will like riding, maybe then he can see your side and let you off work to go more often. After he sees that it can be fun then maybe talk to him about all the riding areas that got closed for housing and golf courses.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 09:59:10 AM »

I agree with bignickwaite, stories about your boss never get old!!

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 01:12:00 PM »

Is this the same boss that let you out of a job because you were "uncomfortable" going to a gay convention  Rolling on the Floor Laughing, or is this the guy who scolded you for studying on the job.  If they are one in the same then let him ride your quad (because he let you out of the convention) but don't give him a helmet because he is a tree hugger and if he wrecks he will wrap his head around his beloved tree  Moon
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 06:51:35 PM »

I agree with Fishhallic. Make sure he signs a waiver first before you let him ride. You know he'll blame you if something happens. Dayum treehuggers!!
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 08:46:58 PM »

Is this the same boss that let you out of a job because you were "uncomfortable" going to a gay convention  Rolling on the Floor Laughing, or is this the guy who scolded you for studying on the job.  If they are one in the same then let him ride your quad (because he let you out of the convention) but don't give him a helmet because he is a tree hugger and if he wrecks he will wrap his head around his beloved tree  Moon

dang, I forgot about that convention,,,nope this is a different boss.

you got one good memory there Fish, that was almost 2 years ago if I remember right.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 10:29:00 PM »

Certain things stick in my mind, and that one did.  Ok, so it's the boss that scolded you for studying on company time.......F*&K em, let him find his own quad to destroy the enviroment  Wink.
bignickwaite

yee haww

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2007, 01:37:40 PM »

Laugh gay convention.........hahahahahhahahahhahahahahahaha... boy ida you work for some real winners.......hahahahahahahaha

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2007, 07:02:22 PM »

Laugh gay convention.........hahahahahhahahahhahahahahahaha... boy ida you work for some real winners.......hahahahahahahaha

hehehe, tell me about it.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2007, 07:43:22 PM »

What the hay, Nathan is a stand up guy, so take him out just like you had "planned". BUT make sure he understands completely the
" you break it, you bought it" policy.......

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2007, 08:43:42 AM »

Diggin' and Yunt2 have the right idea. Although I like your idea of taking him around to all the areas that have been dozed/built on.
If you can take him on a nice ride, maybe he can see there are only a few bad apples. The rest are respectful of the lands. Unlike developers.
If the law was followed by the state to provide OHV parks across the state, you would have a better selection. If developers like your company can see the benifits to OHV riding, more land would be protected. A trail through the woods is way better than a building(s).
Good luck and keep us posted on how he thinks of this lifestyle!

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
Mr_Daring(Swamp_King)

ATV-"More addictive than crack,more expensive too"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 08:20:36 PM »

Shocked
OH HELL NO,
If you ever let that SOB ride I will disown you as a friend.
He would mess up your rides something awful and then never pay you for it.
I wouldnt do it, NO sir wouldnt do it

By the way I was holding back
D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com