Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PS3 owners  (Read 4838 times)
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 19, 2007, 06:47:31 PM »

Anyone have a PS3? I have some questions  Huh  . I got my kids one for X Mas and needed to make sure that I have everything for the system to be ready to play after they open it up. Seems that my TV is not up to date with the PS3 setup. I have the old style TV that has the cable outlet in the back. Guess the gaming TV won't work with the PS3 will it? The main TV in has jacks in the back and the AV outlet hooks right up to it. But that's not the "Gaming TV" so games won't be played much on it. What are my options? Can I route it through my DirectTV box? What are some other options that I may have? Thanx!

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
dgt714

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 06:59:29 PM »

There is a adapter you could buy at wally world or radio shack,I had to get one for my son `s ps2 . I have an old tv also. Smiley
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 07:05:42 PM »

Thanx for the reply! I called Gamestop and he told me there's not one made for the old style cable outlet. I'm hoping he's wrong! I don't want to have to buy a new TV so they can play this thing  Angry

rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 07:16:15 PM »

i run mine through my direct tv box..there should be input jacks on the back

98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.
yfz450runner

live to ride, skip work as much as possible

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 07:16:58 PM »

There is a adapter you could buy at wally world or radio shack,I had to get one for my son `s ps2 . I have an old tv also. Smiley

you need whats called an RF MODULATOR it take a composite connector( ie the yellow, white and red rca jacks) and turns it back into an F connector IE old school cable jack. they have them at radio shack!!! merry x-mas!!!
06hemiram

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 07:21:38 PM »

you need this
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5806345&st=Multi+Av+Adapter&lp=41&type=product&cp=1&id=1067388827858
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 07:25:11 PM by 06hemiram » Logged

* Don't like the Pigs *

-06 Dodge Ram Hemi
-07 Yamaha YFZ450
yfz450runner

live to ride, skip work as much as possible

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 07:25:19 PM »

same concept but that is a little overkill. dont need all that, just an adaptor!!!
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 07:33:22 PM »

ALL of you guys are AWSOME!!!!  I was worried a bit because I didn't know what to do. Figured I'd try the site and you guys came through. I'll head to Walmart and pick it up Wink . Anything else I need to know about this system? THANX GUYS!!!

logandzwon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 07:50:29 PM »

Without HD it's kinda crappy.  Here are some screen shoots in this post of SD vs HD.  There just isn't much point without HD http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25189398

Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 08:02:20 PM »

Yeah, I may end up getting one. I just purchased one about 2yrs ago I guess. Maybe I'll get another one and use that as the "Gaming TV".

IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 06:34:36 PM »

Its hard to know everything you need to get your full potential of your PS3, it will work with an Modulator, but if you get a new 1080P TV, and a Amp (for surround sound) it will look and sound 100% better!!!!  I always look at the connections on TV's and Amp's ....what you are looking for in both is HDMI connections that will give you full HD and surround sound.  Good luck  Thumbs Up

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 10:39:38 AM »

Thanx for that info. I'm looking at a 19inch HDTV now that you guys have me going. I think it's only 720 instead of the 1080 though, I'm not sure. Here are the specs on the TV. Is this any good or no?

Key Features & Benefits:

19-inch widescreen LCD TV

Delivers 1440 x 900 resolution with over a million pixels for superb picture quality at 720p

Built-in ATSC digital / NTSC analog tuner

Receives conventional analog broadcasts and digital broadcasts, including HDTV programs where available

800:1 contrast ratio and 5-ms. response time

Ensures deeper blacks and brighter whites along with a smoother picture during fast movements on screen

Component video, S-video, composite video and audio connections

Accommodate DVD players, camcorders, surround sound systems and other gear

4-watt stereo amplifier, two built-in speakers and coaxial digital audio output

Furnish rich audio and an interface for optional surround sound systems

Detachable stand

Mounts on a wall with an optional VESA-compatible 100 x 100 mm kit (sold separately)

Additional Features:
181 Analog / 99 Digital RF channels
Receives ATSC signal formats (including 480i/p, 720p and 1080i) converted to 720p display
3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter
MTS/SAP Stereo & Digital Audio
Two 5 x 9 cm speakers
Picture Shapes: 1-4 (with remote control PIX Shape Key)
XDS-Extended Data Service capability
V-chip Parental Control
Trilingual Menus: English, Spanish, French
Closed Caption Compliant: NTSC-608, ATSC-708CC
Sleep Timer: 1/2 - 3 hours
Auto Channel Search
2 sets of Component video (Y-Pb-Pr with R/L audio) inputs
S-video input (overrides composite input)
Composite video input (V,L/R)
1 Coaxial Digital Audio output
1 Fixed Analog Audio out (R/L)
1 RF input (Analog/Digital Antenna In)
Energy Star compliant

cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 09:14:49 AM »

Just to let you know, you can hook them up to some montiors.  I had 19" Flat screen that I used for my old work computer.  If you look on the back of the PS3, there is a HDVI connection, and the back of my montior there is a DVI connection.  You can get a cable from Radio Shack, HDVI to DVI connector, and hook right up to the monitor.  Then my son is so dang smart (9 yrs old), he had an old Karoki Machine with audio in & out, took the regular hook up from PS-3 (Red/White/Yellow), put in the Audio in, now he has friggin surround sound on his PS-3. (You need to change the audio settings in PS3 Settings).... The picture is awesome....

Just a suggestion if you had an extra monitor, I don't know if you could use on the same monitor you are using for your current computer.....   But the monitor must have a DVI connection in the back.  Some of the newer monitors even have the HDVI, which gives you sound and everything... Pretty cool...

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com