Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help with my pressure washer problem  (Read 1488 times)
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 08, 2007, 09:55:56 PM »

Alright so everything is working fine while spraying off my 400ex and all of a sudden the pressure washer goes crazy reving really high but no water comes out of the end!  I imediately shut it off and looked and oh the gas tank was empty so I filled that back up and turn it on and it revs out of control again.  I shut it off and try it again same thing.  I mean it revs really high t the point where I thought it was going to blow up or explode haha.  But what would be the cause of this?  I tried searching troubleshooting and all on power washers and I cant find anything about uncontralably over reving.  If theres anyone that knows something your help would be greatly appreciated

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 10:24:21 PM »

Alright so everything is working fine while spraying off my 400ex and all of a sudden the pressure washer goes crazy reving really high but no water comes out of the end!  I imediately shut it off and looked and oh the gas tank was empty so I filled that back up and turn it on and it revs out of control again.  I shut it off and try it again same thing.  I mean it revs really high t the point where I thought it was going to blow up or explode haha.  But what would be the cause of this?  I tried searching troubleshooting and all on power washers and I cant find anything about uncontralably over reving.  If theres anyone that knows something your help would be greatly appreciated
Must have air trapped in fuel line or maybe carb. See if there's a prime ball on the carb keep on pressing it until it gets hard with fuel. If not just let it run it will eventually clear out, you can put the choke on too that will keep the revs down.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
predatorracer8

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 11:04:40 PM »

do you put the pump cleaner in it i dot know if it would help but i know your suppeosed to put that stuff in every so often, maybe your pump is clog
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 08:52:35 AM »

When you say it was empty of fuel & you refueled & did it again, did it get empty really fast? If so, sound like the needle in the carb stuck & the gas drained into your crankcase, but that wouldnt let it run. It would actually lock it up.

find the throttle shaft, see if it is stuck in high position.
start the unit & move the throttle shaft back & forth, if it doesnt make any difference & it still runs wide open, you have a governor problem.(once you know if it helps, shut is down asap)
90% of those are internal breakages & the engine will have to be removed from the unit, taken apart & parts replaced. In a lot of cases, the labor makes cheap pressure washers not worth repair.  Hope this helps.
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 11:29:09 PM »

thanks for all the help, I will be checking all of this info out tomorrow and looking on the power washer to see whats wrong.  Another symptom i forgot to say was that the engine makes like a rattling clinging and clanging noise on top of the high revs.

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com