Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What I don't like about our current president  (Read 27280 times)
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 28, 2007, 10:02:47 PM »

These are the things I don't like about GW.

1.  Before the invasion of Iraq when one of the generals was addressing congress and he said we would need over 250,000 troops for the invasion and occupation he was forced to resign because the administration was trying to say it would take alot less.

2.  I believe as others do that GW Doctored the intelligence reports to make it appear that the war with Iraq was needed because of weapons of mass destruction.  I will admit that Saddam Hussein did try to make it appear that he did have weapons of mass destruction but we had evidence to prove otherwise and he ignored it.

3.  He and his cronies in his administration have run roughshot over any one that disagrees with them including calling people that don't like the way the war is run "anti-american".

4.  Allowing oil execs to write the administrations energy policy and then won't say who these execs were, what are they hiding?

5.  George kept changing the reason for the war.  In the beginning in it was about weapons of mass destruction and then Saddam Hussein, and then Al queda, now stability and so on and so on.

6.  Borrowing huge and I mean huge amounts of money to pay for the war and then to keep trying to reduce taxes has cost this country big time and we are starting to see the effects now.  Rising interest rates a while back slowed down the economy and the housing market and this started a couple of yrs ago.  The reason for rising interest rate in part is due to all the money that this country has borrowed for this war which is making money harder to borrow which shows itself in higher interest rates.

7.  I understand that GW is not directly at fault for the higher fuel prices and alot of it is due to speculation on Wall Street.  However the reason fuel prices are rising is because  Wall Street believes there could be another war with Iran (this time) which will cause problems in the world markets which would cause fuel prices to go up.  When prices went up under Bill Clinton he released our strategic fuel reserves to help bring prices down and that worked but our boy George won't do it, why?  Possibly because he is an oil man and big oil got him elected and they are making huge profits because of the high prices.

8.  The guy is dumber than a box of rocks and does not have the IQ to be a good president.  I have only been around for 47yrs but I do not remember a president that was as dumb as this one.

9.  I don't think he has the qualifications to be a president.  What was he, governor of Texas for 2 terms, so what that does not give him the experience to leed the greatest nation the world has ever known.

10. He is just too damn religious.  We don't need to be making decisions in the White House based on what "God" might do.

11. He has dragged along some really scummy people into his administration like Carl Rove, Donald Rumsfeld, Roberto Gonzales and others.

12. His main people outed a CIA operative (because they did not like her husband)and he and his cronies try to cover it up and play it down.  This is a good example how this administration likes to use bullying tactics to get what it wants.

13. Finally he and his party have done everything they can to try to keep republicans in office and it started to get really bad during the middle of the Clinton administration.  They were on a witch hunt and would not stop until they found something and no one could have stood that kind of digging and probing into their personal lives.  George and his party of right wing fanatics have drove this country apart when we need to be brought together.  If you will remember when Ronald Reagan (yes a republican and my favorite president ever)came into office the country was in pretty bad shape from the Vietnam war, Richard Nixon and 4 yrs of Jimmy Carter we were a hurtin.  Ronald Reagan came in and brought this country back together and it stayed together pretty darn good until the republicans could not stand the fact the Bill Clinton earned a second term.  Ever since then they have done everything they can to get right wing republicans back in office no matter what it to did to this country.

These are not the only reasons but just some of the reasons and they are in no particular order.  Post up people let's hear your opinions
buzzardman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 11:02:20 PM »

you know what,  SERIOUSLY, every time I write something on the internet reguarding my feelings about the current administration, I get letters from the IRS concerning my business.  Usually if I post something, I will no doubt recieve a letter from them within a week.  This is no Chit!

I firmly believe that there are key words that if typed, get red flagged and fowarded to a gov. agency.  So although I have strong beliefs about this topic,  I'm keeping my lips sealed because the last thing I need is to get more IRS hassles.  They have been up my A$$ with a microscope for over 2yrs now. 
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 11:09:19 PM »

I recently seen a couple of bumper stickers that read  "when Clinton lied nobody died" and "Clinton only screwed americans one fat chick at a time". I don't know if this is relevent but , it amuses me and I believe it.

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 12:23:06 AM »

you know what,  SERIOUSLY, every time I write something on the internet reguarding my feelings about the current administration, I get letters from the IRS concerning my business.  Usually if I post something, I will no doubt recieve a letter from them within a week.  This is no Chit!

I firmly believe that there are key words that if typed, get red flagged and fowarded to a gov. agency.  So although I have strong beliefs about this topic,  I'm keeping my lips sealed because the last thing I need is to get more IRS hassles.  They have been up my A$$ with a microscope for over 2yrs now. 

Rolling on the Floor Laughing That's funny.
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 12:46:22 AM »

Fish, the only thing that Reagan did good was acting, and thats what he did during his presidency. A puppet on strings basically with an ear piece in one ear telling him what to say. Remember the recession of the early 90's that was from his trickle down economics theory. Borrow borrow borrow!!! The same $hit thats happening now.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 01:06:01 AM »

Fish, the only thing that Reagan did good was acting, and thats what he did during his presidency. A puppet on strings basically with an ear piece in one ear telling him what to say. Remember the recession of the early 90's that was from his trickle down economics theory. Borrow borrow borrow!!! The same $hit thats happening now.

I don't know anything about that but I do know that he brought the country together and almost single handedly won the cold war.
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 08:01:49 AM »

I would like to respond but my heart is not into it right now. This seems to be a country at war with itself. We are split and adrift when it comes to policies abroad. I believe in a strong military. When that the war in Iraq was looking bad, the dems decided to change their mind and retreat.   

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
Anoriginal

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 08:13:35 AM »

Fish:

Good post. I am slammed today preparing for trial, etc. and will respond in kind to each of your points when I can.

As far as Reagan is concerned. He was an excellent president to say the least. Anyone who thinks the trickledown economics policy did not work obviously doesn't understand it, nor have they researched its impact. I've posted on this subject in the past and will see if I can find it. If I do, I'll cut and paste it in here.

~ Cheers.
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 08:19:26 AM »

Fish:

Good post. I am slammed today preparing for trial, etc. and will respond in kind to each of your points when I can.

As far as Reagan is concerned. He was an excellent president to say the least. Anyone who thinks the trickledown economics policy did not work obviously doesn't understand it, nor have they researched its impact. I've posted on this subject in the past and will see if I can find it. If I do, I'll cut and paste it in here.

~ Cheers.

Getting ready to SUE L-CROSS to get our money back? Shocked

digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 08:56:24 AM »

Fish, I will also be chiming in but I'm headed out of town until Tuesday.  Unless my points have been covered, you can be sure your points will be picked apart piece-by-piece.  That post is typical, left wing puppeteering.  Talk about an earpiece; whose on the other end of yours?  I can't wait for the day I meet a Democrat that can actually bring an educated, fact-based argument to the table.  Can you actually think for yourself?  BTW, have you ever read the Declaration of Independence or The Constitution of The United States?  Have you ever read the histories of the men who wrote and signed these documents?  With one or two exceptions, they were all deeply religious men of God.  That doesn't mean I agree with all of this administration's agendas but to judge a president's performance on the basis of the deepness of his religious beliefs is asinine as well as a number of your other points.  I regret I have but one minute to devote to this argument.  I shall return!   Wink

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 09:04:57 AM »

I hate threads like these....... no one ever wins....

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 09:12:23 AM »

Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing

I see all your news must come from the new york post or the bankrupt air america.

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 09:15:31 AM »

Lets see. The first nine months that Bush was in office, our country gets terrorized. Everyone said that he did a great job at handling the situation at hand. Everyone wanted to stop the terrorist, well he proceeded. Even the democrats voted for the war, but are now flip flopping because it has taken so long and its election time. So now we should just give up and wait on the next attack. Thats great. Now I ask this, these same terrorist were in the USA training to operate plains while Clinton was in office and did nothing, yet he did not have to take any blame because he was not in office at the time of the actual attacks. These terrorist were planning on doing this while he was in office, Now you people want to put his wife in office. Do you think that he will have any influence on the dicisions that she makes while there. Well if you don't then you have another thing coming. Now wasn't he impeached but his term ran out before his impeachment took effect. HMMM.

Now here is what I think about your thoughts.

You have one vote, my vote will cancel yours out. So I guess after all is said and done, I guess my vote or your vote is not gonna count after all.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 09:49:41 AM »

Bill Clinton is getting $12 million for his memoirs.
Hillary got $8 million for hers.
That's $20 million for the memoirs from 2 people, who for 8 years, repeatedly testified, UNDER OATH!!, that they couldn't remember anything!!!! WHOOOO!!!!

trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 10:14:45 AM »

. Even the democrats voted for the war, but are now flip flopping because it has taken so long and its election time.
Another republican scare tactic (flip flopping), I guess you can't change your mind after someone blatantly lies to you and America.
Bush also had 9 months to do something with the same intelligences reports Clinton had and did nothing, but I guess Bush needed to have the 911 attacks to finance this useless war.

Fish, the Soviet's were crumbling apart since the early 80's. It wouldn't not matter if Reagan or Fred Flintstone was in office they would have still fallen. You can look up this reports, they were recently released.

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 10:35:06 AM »

So who is it gonna be, Fish?  Billary or Barak Hussein Obama?

You really have some great choices there pal. Cheesy

I vote for Fred Flintstone & Barney as the vp. Wink
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 10:38:57 AM »

Can't be worse than the current dumb and dumber.

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Anoriginal

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 10:39:40 AM »

Okay, I fond my post from January 2007 on Reagan's trickle down economic theory. good thing because I did not want to try to re-trype the thing from memory, lol. BTW, I've got a bachelor's degree in Economics so I pretty well understand this stuff inside out.  Kiss

Reagan's economic policies were solid. His trickle down path led to the boom in the late 80's and into the 90's without a doubt. Money in the hands of people stimulates the economy, whether they are rich or poor. The problem- how to you put money in the hands of the poor? Transfer of more wealth from the rich to the poor each year? This would only create greater dependency on entitlements and give lessen the incentive to achieve. Give the poor greater tax cuts? You can only cut the taxes for the poor by so much, because they don't pay much in taxes. When Tom Daschle said that the result of a proposed Bush tax cut would mean that a rich person would be able to buy a new car, without realizing it, he proved the theory of Trickle Down Economics. The person selling that car would generate income that he would otherwise not have had. Please note that if that person sells enough cars, he will gain wealth. If tax rates in this county were at 75% what would happen to the economy? The answer is that no one would have money to spend on anything except housing and food. The result would be that businesses everywhere would fail, because no one would have money to buy clothes, electronics, entertainment, repairs for their homes or cars, go on vacation..... If they did buy such things, they would have to go in to debt to do so. How would this help the working class or the poor? Please note the average taxpayer, pays roughly 50% of their income in taxes.

After the attack on September 11th, Hillary Clinton said, "come to New York and spend money." She knew if people stopped coming to New York and spending money, businesses would fail and the economy in New York would suffer a great downturn, which would hurt the average working family. This is interesting considering that liberals are for tax hikes and against tax cuts. The only thing that helps the working class is a strong economy. It gives the average worker more freedom and more bargaining power. When the financial sector was booming from 1987 through 1989, workers were getting bonuses, overtime and stock options. When the financial sector suffered a downturn in 1990, it trickled down. There were no more bonuses, overtime, stock options and their were layoffs.

Reagan's trickle down economic's program was designed to cut taxes and, over time, put more money into the hands of the average american consumer. It is based upon an old and very effective school of economic thought known as Simon Kuznets's "Law", which stands for the proven proposition that, any time a country's gross domestic profit is up, economic equality (ie.- more wealth distributed to the lower income sector) moves ahead.  Not a new theory, Adam Smith propounded the same theory in his late 1700's book, "The Wealth of Nations". [Great book, you should read it.]

Anyway, there's my thoughts on the Reagan issue relative to trickle down economics.
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 10:43:58 AM »

It resulted in 5 trillion deficient and a horrible recession of the early 90's. Works great!!

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 10:46:21 AM »

Sorry Jim Carey isnt running. So which tard are you voting for Billary or Barak?
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 10:49:29 AM »

Sorry Jim Carey isnt running. So which tard are you voting for Billary or Barak?
I'm voting for an illegal, thats our future.

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Anoriginal

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 10:53:21 AM »

It resulted in 5 trillion deficient and a horrible recession of the early 90's. Works great!!

Because you say it, it's a fact? Back it up. If you are correct, you will completely rewrite every economic text book and theory in existence today.
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 11:01:56 AM »

Because you say it, it's a fact? Back it up. If you are correct, you will completely rewrite every economic text book and theory in existence today.
You don't remember you must have the Alzheimer's disease like Reagen. Common Anoriginal its the same sh*t Bush is doing. Increase spending increase spending, Its like a dumb blonde with a unlimited credit card in a mall. Your going to live great for awhile!!!!!!!

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 11:11:06 AM »

I'm voting for an illegal, thats our future.
nice skate job.
Anoriginal

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 11:11:27 AM »

You don't remember you must have the Alzheimer's disease like Reagen. Common Anoriginal its the same sh*t Bush is doing. Increase spending increase spending, Its like a dumb blonde with a unlimited credit card in a mall. Your going to live great for awhile!!!!!!!

Still waiting on some back up or relevantly founded discussion from you....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com