Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FTR Quad Scramble #5 HARD ROCK, OCALA!! DEC 1st  (Read 19212 times)
k-town quad boy #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 07:51:11 PM »

will the trail parts be wide enough for a mx set up quad or just skinny ones?

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
slam1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 10:29:40 PM »

FTR rules state 50" max width on any competition quad so the trails must maintain a minimum width of 50". My quad is 49.5" wide and I never had any problems.

Jon Perkins 66C 0-400
http://www.thesportslift.com
predatorracer8

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2007, 01:16:40 PM »

everybody ready to rumble.
atvrob

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 05:10:19 PM »

how much to race? i ran a hare scramble there back in the day ona kx125 the steep stuff is my fav
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 05:50:10 PM »

woohoo!! im so excited!! 50-50 track and trail is awesome. I love the main track, i hope the step down is included, thats my favorite jump.  Grin cant wait to rip it up, hope theres a good turn out in 0-400c

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2007, 05:50:43 PM »

Entry fee for this one is $45 with a $10 gate fee.
It is NOT an AMA sanctioned event so if you were not a FTR member, you would just need to join FTR and thats $50 for the year. Then you can race any of the 4 series.
As for being ready... I am ready for bed. I have been working 12 hr days and it's killing me.
Oh, and you have to buy a $20 scoring device/transponder.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2007, 06:48:45 PM »

Good Luck everyone. I won't be making it. Someone needs to get some videos or pictures to post. See you all in January.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2007, 06:56:45 PM »

I'm not going either Cry.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
lawn_man mx
Supreme Member

dont forget your wings! sky is the limit!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2007, 08:49:39 PM »

dang !! looks like  +30b  is going to be   small  class  this time !    i'm not making it  either.  got  to pay  my employes   so  the  money pit  is dry !! Cry    good luck  guys  have fun..

05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58
RAD 450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2007, 09:07:32 PM »

This is one race I didnt want to miss, but SAT's come first i guess.  Guess ill have to wait till gatorback till some hill racing

Y'all have fun

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2007, 06:57:20 AM »

This is really sad. This is a two wheel club that dug deep to make it happen. I hope there is enough turn-out so they want to host again next year.
My usual ride is not going either, but I am and so is his brother.
We can't leave WPB until 9 pm. That puts us in around 1am. AAAGGGHHHHH

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
Southern Outlaw

To finish 1st U must 1st finish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2007, 07:36:40 AM »

1 AM....1AM!!!!!!!!!!...hell that would be usually early for us...lol

guess this is "ONE" of those THROW AWAY races as far as points go being there is a lil more travel involved.....hate toe see what happens next month at Jax....maybe we'll get 100 quads!!!!!!

TEAM OUTLAW
 "The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2007, 05:52:39 PM »

Sorry fellows but as much as I would like to dedicate every weekend to going racing I cant ditch my wife and 2 daughters and all my other responsabilities too often (my 6yr. old son would disagree, he is pissed we're not going).  Its hard for me to go off more than once a month and this season has been every other weekend. Barely enough time to get the bikes and trailer back in order, especially with these damn short days.
  Good luck to everyone,we probably will make it to the Jacsonville race.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
slam1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2007, 07:39:19 PM »

Hey Brian, If memory serves they close and lock the gates at 11:00 to vehicular traffic. Just check so you dont have any surprises.

Jon Perkins 66C 0-400
predatorracer8

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2007, 08:42:31 PM »

im excited about the trails not so much mx, i dont like racig mx dont mind going to a mx track and messin around thats gonna be my weak point this is gonna be my first ftr even also so hopefully i can get to know some of you.
predatorracer8

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2007, 06:23:32 PM »

that track was sweet, until i did a nose dive down the steep hill and faceplanted, i couldnt see straight for a while but other than that and knee pain with some back pain and alot of cuts on my chest and chin. im good readt for jax and i think i might have gotten a small concusion my mind isnt working write.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 06:26:19 PM by predatorracer8 » Logged
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2007, 08:47:05 PM »

that track was sweet, until i did a nose dive down the steep hill and faceplanted, i couldnt see straight for a while but other than that and knee pain with some back pain and alot of cuts on my chest and chin. im good readt for jax and i think i might have gotten a small concusion my mind isnt working write.
Sorry about your accident. Glad you finally got to make it to a race, aint it fun?
  Cant wait to see the scores, I'm betting Louis got another win.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Southern Outlaw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2007, 09:30:54 PM »

knee pain with some back pain and alot of cuts on my chest and chin. I'm good ready for jax and i think i might have gotten a small concussion my mind isn't working write.

Thats why we decided not to race and got our monies back .... might be a good place to have a fun ride or if you are a MX rider I'm sure it was "GREAT" but as far as trails...it was way to bad for beginners...Ute's or women....Thanks Big Scrub for trying....

my old bones just don't quite heel fast enough

TEAM OUTLAW
 "The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

Southern Outlaw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2007, 09:33:47 PM »

Hope everyone everyone esle made it though ok....Donna...Jamie...let us know if you went on to the Hospital and that you're ok

TEAM OUTLAW
 "The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2007, 10:31:30 PM »

Thats partially why I didnt go. I'm too old to want to duke it out on a mx track. I want to race in the woods.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2007, 10:26:39 AM »

Chillin and Southern it actually wasn't that bad. I have only ridden MX track once before and I ended up getting 1st place in 400 c class, FINALLY! The woods were short and easy the hills weren't that bad just had to remember to slow down.the outback track was the worst cause they ran it backwards and there were a couple of HARD landing step downs. I had a little trouble of getting nauseas with all the water I drank during the race and the MX jumps weren't agreeing with me so I stopped drinking last half. I think Randall had the same problem, dang his luck, he was doin good again. Keep your head up Randall! I think it was overall a great track,short (7 laps in like 1hour 44 minutres) and a little to much MX but surely a different track for scrambles.
predatorracer8

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2007, 11:03:58 AM »

Sorry about your accident. Glad you finally got to make it to a race, aint it fun?
  Cant wait to see the scores, I'm betting Louis got another win.

ya its really fun i was worried abou the mx track but it was ok im hopefully going to be at the next one.
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2007, 12:01:05 PM »

I saw you predatorracer after the tumble. I stopped you and asked if you were allright. I was headed to the 3:30 starting line and you were headed back to your pit. Despite the blood around your chin and face, you had a S eating grin from ear-to-ear. Hope you are okay.

In the first post of this thread, I did say "If you've never been to this place, hang on. It scares a lot of people!! I hear we are using every bit of this property and ALL tracks."
nuff' said.

Thanks to everyone who made this race happen.
The MX tracks were managable for sure.
The one place of two that scared me was a downhill in front of the camping area. Everyone who saw it said "you have to go up that?" No. We had to go down it! The first time, I felt like I landed at the bottom. THAT scared the bejeezus out of me. The other scary part was the long down hill before the finish line. You had to go downhill and over a wierd bump and then make a left back into the short woods. That wierd bump got me messed up and I would darn near hit the big tree that came up just after that. SCARY!! I LOVE IT!!
I will say what sucked was the trophies. Is it just me? The placement part does not even have a sticky thing to stick it to the plaque. The picture (C. Borich) looks like it was cut out of a newspaper by a three year old. AND no t-shirts Sad
Please remember that BSTR is a motocycle club and they went above and beyond to make all this happen. They should be praised for supplying a race for us.  Smiley

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
slam1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2007, 12:26:08 PM »

Congrats on your 0-400 C win Mike, My son said it was fun racing with you, and looks forward to the competition in the next race. Hopefully his machine will hold up for the next one(hard to race with no clutch lever or shifter shaft) You might even have me to contend with if santa brings my parts. Hope to see tou in Jax.     PS I hope I remembered your name right.

Jon Perkins 66C 0-400
atvtrailer
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2007, 12:41:03 PM »

Chillin and Southern it actually wasn't that bad. I have only ridden MX track once before and I ended up getting 1st place in 400 c class, FINALLY! The woods were short and easy the hills weren't that bad just had to remember to slow down.the outback track was the worst cause they ran it backwards and there were a couple of HARD landing step downs. I had a little trouble of getting nauseas with all the water I drank during the race and the MX jumps weren't agreeing with me so I stopped drinking last half. I think Randall had the same problem, dang his luck, he was doin good again. Keep your head up Randall! I think it was overall a great track,short (7 laps in like 1hour 44 minutres) and a little to much MX but surely a different track for scrambles.

Thanks for helping me out when i was throwing up, i tried making it to the finish, but i just couldnt hold it long enough, 3rd would of been nice but at least i still got 5th

05 450r #13B
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com