Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE HUNTERS  (Read 4760 times)
sugarsand007

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 18, 2007, 09:26:14 PM »

I WAS WONDERING IF THE HUNTERS ARE STILL HUNTING ON THE MARKED TRAILS THIS YEAR. ESPECIALLY WANDERING GRASS LOOP. I HAVE STAYED AWAY WAITING FOR HUNTING SEASON TO END.

2006 crf450r and 2006 polaris outlaw 500
ldizzle_Sks

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 02:59:48 PM »

I was there on saturday  at lake delancey and rode the trails around there, i saw alot of hunters but no problems they just stared at me as I rode by. Also the trails were packed with people , When i went in october I was the only person there.
kawasakimojaverider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 03:43:39 PM »

i went out there this past weekend and seen a couple of them only one of them got all mad and started yelling and stuff
sugarsand007

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 07:29:38 PM »

where were you riding?

2006 crf450r and 2006 polaris outlaw 500
ldizzle_Sks

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 07:53:51 AM »

O and i forgot to mention , this is off topic but I actually saw some groomed trails, I was suprised  the usual whoops on certain trails were gone , alot of flat trails now.
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 08:12:23 AM »

When my family was at Big Scrub last weekend, we came across a hunter.  I asked him where his group was hunting and if he knew how we could by-pass his area (most of the hunters out there know the trails better than the rangers).  He asked me to turn around and make a right and it would take us to a hard-packed trail that would take us out of his area.  When I hit the hard-packed trail, another hunter was sitting there in his pick-up.  He threw his hands up into the air, screamed at us then started his engine and tried to spray us with dirt as he took off.  I felt bad for him but at the same time, there is a million acres out there and he should have expected to run into ATVs that close to the campground.  Furthermore, I've hunted nearly my whole life and the fact of the matter is that those deer hear and see ATVs all year round.  An ATV might momentarily scare off a deer, but if there is food there, that deer will come right back after the ATV is gone.  As proof of my point, we saw numerous deer this weekend, including a large buck.  Even the buck stood there and watched us until we stopped to look at him and then he only walked away.  So, the hunters just need to get over themselves when an ATVer happens to stumble into 'his' area.  That doesn't mean we should be inconsiderate but some of them need to chill out.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
ff9137

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 04:52:58 PM »

they need to hunt like real men and get rid of the dogs. its called hunting not killing!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 05:12:09 PM by ff9137 » Logged

'06 honda 500 4x4
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 07:18:42 PM »

I've never hunted using dogs.  As far as I'm concerned, it's hardly sport when you walk up to an animal that's been chased to exhaustion and then just pump a bullet into it.  I would also expect the meat to be less than desirable since it would be loaded with the toxic by-products of fatigue.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
ff9137

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 08:48:06 PM »

ur preaching to the choir. i agree with you but some people just dont understand it .

'06 honda 500 4x4
Yamahonda41

Born to ride!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 12:02:53 PM »

I stayed out of ONF during hunting season in the past but now that they have limited ATV riding to less than about 20% of the 450,000 acres I am going to ride the numbered trails.  If there are hunters there then too bad.  They can go East of 19 and hunt unmolested.

2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe
Mars
Supreme Member

When I feel athletic, I go to a sports bar.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2007, 05:29:25 PM »

I WAS WONDERING IF THE HUNTERS ARE STILL HUNTING ON THE MARKED TRAILS THIS YEAR. ESPECIALLY WANDERING GRASS LOOP. I HAVE STAYED AWAY WAITING FOR HUNTING SEASON TO END.

I was there two weeks ago. The trails were in decent shape. There were several hunters on the south end befor the trail turns back. No one gave us dirty looks or anything. We just went around them.

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com