Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: i need some help on my 07 kawasaki brute force 650.about the digital display  (Read 2177 times)
babb_audio

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 19, 2007, 01:36:08 PM »

i just bought a 07 kawasaki brute force 605 4x4.the plexiglass cover for the digital display was cracked so i removed it to see the display.while i was cleaning it water got into the display and the speedometer went haywire.at the time the gas gauge still worked but it would show different speeds when i drove it.before i got water in the display everything worked fine.now the next day the display wont show anything and now the 4 wheel drive wont engage and the cooling fans wont kick on.a friend showed me how to hot wire the fans by removeing the plug that does inot the thermostat "i guess thats what it is" and jump the two wires together to turn on the fans.someone said that the 4 wheel drive and the fans run throught the display and thats why the two things wont work while someone else told me its the cdi box thats burned out by the display getting wet.i called kawasaki shops and they really wont tell me much but if i replace the cdi that the display might short out the new cdi.so my question is .does the display have anything to do with the 4 wheel drive and the cooling fans? do you think the cdi is burned out? and if i replace the cdi can it work without the display?any answers would be a great help.thanks alot.
babb_audio

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 07:18:05 PM »

well just for anyone wondering and ever have the same problem.the digital disply does the 4 wheel drive .if it dont read any movement the 4 wheel wont engage.my installer took apart the digital display and it was coroded from water leaking in.after drying it with air and cleaning all the contacts the dispaly still wont work but know it will go into 4 wheel.ohh by the way i also figured out to reset the belt safty too.it is totaly different than what it calls for on a 07 to reset the belt safty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com