Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Pinhead is trying to Rip me off  (Read 3632 times)
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 15, 2007, 09:05:35 PM »

I'm selling a 57" bigscreen on craigslist (NO yunt2ride, not to pay for gas  Tongue) and some foreigner email me this.

On Nov 15, 2007 5:12 AM, ALLEN ALLEN KAPLAN <allenhgkaplan@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>       am from MA.I am buying the item for my step child(he requested for
> it),who lived here with me.I will have to add some extra (shipping fee)for
> you to send it to him through courier service(ups preferrably)as soon as you
> received your payment for the item.I will be paying you through Stormpay
> money order.As soon as you read and understand everything as expained
> above,I will order for your payment asap along with cost of the shipment(
> through ups)through StormPay online money oder,because it's secure and
> protects the two parties in a transaction.If you are okay by me get back to
> me with the following information asap so that your payment will be prepared
> as soon as possible.
> 1.YOUR FULL NAME
> 2.YOUR ADDRESS
> 3.YOUR PHONE,so that i can call you to make arrangement
> I look forward to your soonest reply, so that I will proceed with your
> payment immediately.
> Regards.

What a jack@$$, I emailed him a fake name and address for his troubles.   Wink
K-Town Quad Boy 08

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 09:11:08 PM »

ya some jacka$$ tried to do the same thing to m ewhen i was tring to sell my rims and tires
i did the same thing u did
fake name and address
than gave him the old F-U
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 10:04:06 PM »

I just simply reply directly F_C_  OFF  YOU Sk----bag thief

Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 11:12:39 AM »

Give him the address of an FBI office.

These guys are so gullible. Someone on another board give a scammer like that the name if Elvis Presley and they actually sent him a counterfeit check for $57k in Elvis's name.

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 11:51:43 AM »

Same here its happened to me.

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 12:57:07 PM »

stormpay by itself is not a rip, it's another service like paypal.

I would go along with it as long as the guy understood that the TV would not be shipped until you were able to cash the money order,,,,and I mean CASH it, not put it in the bank.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 02:17:46 PM »

This sucks, I have had 4 replies.  2 that are definitely trying to rip me off, 1 that made an offer of $200.00 plus half and ounce of dope (and yes he was serious) and an old lady that will give me $125 plus an aquarium.  What happened to all the people that used to buy others people junk  Grin.
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 02:37:08 PM »

Fish I got a VERY OFFICIAL looking email from EBAY saying congrats I was a Power Seller (i mean it looked perfect) so I clicked on the link and it asked for my password and log in...emailed it to ebay scams and they said that they NEVER send a email asking for passwords or logins...you should report the bastards trying to rip you off. How is SIN CITY? Get a Quad yet? The new King Quad 750 Fuel Injected looks SWEEEEEETTT Wink
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 05:36:39 PM »

Moved to Reno and bought a 2007 King Quad, I road on some mountain trails last week in the snow and it was great, I need to post some picture for your guys.
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 07:12:49 AM »

This is very common, and sometimes can be sad how people let their greed overide their brains.
Anyway, come on over and visit us at http://thescambaiter.com/ to see how much fun it can be to play with them, and just what you can get from them. Wink

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 08:27:30 PM »

I would go along with it as long as the guy understood that the TV would not be shipped until you were able to cash the money order,,,,and I mean CASH it, not put it in the bank.

Id@

The problem with that is that it could be (probably is) a counterfeit MO and depending on the quality it could take months to identify and then the payee will be responsible for the funds.

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 08:50:49 PM »

JackL thanks for that site it looks good, I saved it to my favorites and will check it out later.  I sent two of the scammers an email telling them cash only and for some reason I have not heard back  Grin.
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 10:42:00 PM »

Id@
I think I agree with Id@ on this one. If he wants to send a money order let him. There's a lot of dumb foreigners out there with lots of money.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 12:14:46 AM »

Even if it is a real money order (which it would not be) I'm sure as he!! not going to box up a 57" big screen and carry it to the ups store or some other place for shipping, it's not worth $700.00 to me to do that.
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 07:51:04 AM »

I love messing with these idiots...
Dear Sir,

I will come & buy that JD tractor cash tomorrow give me the details & location please.

Regards

Hello,
I`m glad that you´re interested in my tractor. Let me tell you all about this deal.
Details about the tractor: The tractor does not have any apparent cracks or welds...perfect interior. This tractor starts and runs out very well and is ready for work. The drivetrain is good and the hydraulics are strong. This machine is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied. Stored in a enclosed garage when not in use. The dash controls and lights are all working properly, there are no known defects with this tractor. Shows 655 Hrs. on the meter. It comes with all the documents. Shipping will be done by A-A Auto transport. The tractor will be insured at the shipping company for the transport. The tractor price is $3,800.00.The shipping cost for delivering it is US $ 600 , this cost includes door to door handling, insurance  so the total price for the tractor is US $ 4,400.00. Location: I´m in NY, USA and the tractor here as well and so this is where the tractor will be shipped from.

From the beginig you have to know that for the payment I request ONLY secure pay, I prefer the payment will be done through Yahoo Finance. We will use Yahoo Finance , I have completed quite a large number of successful deals using them. I have a purchase protection account for 10000$. This service alows us to complete this transaction in a manner that is quick and safe for both of us. It acts as a third party between seller and buyer to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements and provides dispute resolution and mediation between parties. Yahoo Finance is responsible to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements, both parties must submit proof of payment/delivery presented in a legal form (payment/delivery receipt) by the registered payment/delivery service used. All of my transactions until now were made under Yahoo Finance's protection, and for that I wish that we make this deal also with Yahoo Finance's protection.
If you agree with moving forward with the deal through Yahoo Finance, please email me your full name and shipping address . As soon as I receive these information from you I will forward them to Yahoo Finance along with the rest of the details in order for them to open a case regarding our deal. I am waiting for your email as soon as possible.

Warmly Regards,

I look forward to close the deal with you.

Dear Sir

F96532 yourself you are a  scammer. How stupid do you think people are to buy a 10k tractor for $3800.
You are nothing but a THIEF a__ wipe!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com