Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Hasbro is doing to G.I. Joe  (Read 1003 times)
budman
Supreme Member

No, I'm not depressed...I'm just guarding my beer!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: October 30, 2007, 03:09:49 PM »

This isn't my rant, ( I copied it...) but it's where our country is headed....

GI Joe is no longer answering to the Marines. GI Joe answers to an international force. GI Joe, the real American hero not so much anymore. In fact, GI Joe now has a new meaning: G, Global, I, Integrated, J, Joint, O, Operating, E, Entity. GI Joe now stands for Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity. Our children are having their future stolen from them and we are allowing it to happen. Hasbro should be ashamed of themselves. Hasbro should ?? . When we buy Christmas toys this Christmas, let's make sure that nothing from Hasbro is purchased.

Hasbro, You should be ashamed of yourself. Do you even know the history of GI Joe? Of course they do. The history of GI Joe, the real guy? The real guy was in the battle of Guadalcanal. 
Ninety different guys holding Guadalcanal, and the Japanese are coming on and they are trying to take Guadalcanal and every one of his task force dead. Out of 90 guys, one is alive. And so the Japanese think that there's a bigger force. He goes from machine gun to machine gun, from bunker to bunker and he's dragging the wounded with him. As he's going from bunker to bunker, he sees, you know, some of the 90 laying there, some of them dead but he didn't check. He just drags them back in and he takes the machine gun and he goes from station to station to fool them into thinking that there are more people than just one guy. Well, he held it as Guadalcanal. They are not speaking Japanese, are they? It took years to convince Hasbro that they should make a boy doll. "Oh, no, boys won't play with dolls. It's like Barbies. What guys ?? what boy's going to play with a Barbie?" It's not a Barbie. It's an American soldier. It's an American hero. Boys will play with it.

Do you remember the can you think few grip? Do you remember the super eye that he had? You looked in the back of his head he was an American. He was a Marine. The guy's face that you see in GI Joe, that is the soldier that went from machine gun station to machine gun and the only thing he asked Hasbro: You can do it, you can use my likeness but he must always be a U.S. Marine. That was the deal. Well, how Hasbro has forgotten about that. How this American company has just sold us out. I expect it from the Chinese. How Hasbro has now sold GI Joe to have a movie made about and Hollywood jumps all over it.

First the story came out yesterday ?? or actually it's been out for a while but it really kind of gathered steam yesterday when Drudge put it on the front page. And it was reported that it was going to be Brussels, that GI Joe ?? again let me give it to you. My blood boils. My blood boils when I see it, that the Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity, otherwise known as GI Joe, answers to Brussels. Well, the movie company thought that was ?? you know, they were going to get in a lot of trouble if we answered to the international court system in Brussels. So they brought him back to America in the movie. He now answers to the UN, to the U frickin' N. You know what? You teach your kids that our soldiers answer to the UN. Do you know what will happen by that next generation? We will answer to the UN. We've already taught them that the penguins are saved by the UN in Happy Feet. We've already told them that in Superman it's not truth, justice and the American way. The American way has been erased! In the last Superman movie, it was truth and justice. Well, what the hell happened to the American way?

A culture is being erased. We are being set up by ?? what a surprise ?? global corporations. Hasbro, an American company. Shame on you.

Well, I mean, it is just ?? I mean, it's a changing world. Why don't we just embrace it? I mean, man, that sounds like a great movie. If they make it really life?like, wouldn't it be great to have GI Joe, a global ?? when did the word "Entity" mean anything but evil? Wouldn't it be great if he is a global entity and he has to answer to the UN? Man, what an action movie that would be.

MOVIE VOICE: Coming soon to theatres everywhere, GI Joe finally hits the big screen. And he's fighting the evil enemy that people today are most scared of: Doublecrossing Scottish arms dealers. Plus this time he's not American. He's international. GI Joe. GI Joe, it's now in its fourth Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity. We'll fight the enemy and a new set of difficult-to-follow international rules of engagement. "Okay, sir, can I shoot now? The guy's trying to stab me with his..." it's GI Joe like you've never seen him before. "Sir, may I please respond? I've taken 40 rounds." "Affirmative, soldier, it is time to respond with extreme prejudice. I want you to put your gun down, call the UN and have them draft a harshly worded letter. We're going to sanction their [ BLEEP ]." It's GI Joe goes international. Absolutely no terrorists were harmed during the filming of this movie.

I can't, I can't take it. When are we going to wake up? When are we going to finally wake up and say, damn it, this is my country! You're not taking it from me in the cover of darkness.

Well, here's something we can all quietly do because that seems to be the way we do it. We can all quietly teach our children the truth. In one generation, guys, it will be gone because your children are being taught lies. Your children are being taught falsehoods about the founding fathers, falsehoods about what this country really stands for, falsehoods on who's right and who's wrong, falsehoods about God, falsehoods about Superman, falsehoods about GI Joe. You watch Happy Feet, you're not offended. You think, oh, well, it's just a cartoon. The penguins are saved by the UN boats in the end. Oh, well, it's no big deal. It's just a kids cartoon. No judge works for the UN. How do you expect your kids to understand the argument that they shouldn't work for the UN, that we shouldn't answer to the UN, that we're not a global community, that all constitutions are not the same? That our country was divinely inspired, protected under divine providence, that we are a unique people, that we are the last great hope of mankind? How do you expect them to understand that if you just (lapse in audio). A global community is the way it works. And they're expecting you to not do anything, to not push back: They saw you do it with Superman. They saw you do it with Happy Man, they saw us do it with GI Joe. Well, somebody's got to draw a line in the sand. Hasbro, you should be ashamed of yourself. Hollywood, I expect it from you. Look at your box office numbers. You go to this movie with Robert Redford, you know somebody that goes to this movie with Robert Redford and they are like, oh, it's just a war movie; it doesn't matter. Shame on them. Shame on you. Shame on you. If that's what you believe about the war, God bless you. You have a right to believe that. If you're just some dope that's going out to the movie and, like, oh, well, it's all just a movie, it doesn't matter, yes, it does. You can only have filth wash over you so long before you become filthy. And especially when it comes to our kids, when they don't know because their feet are in wet cement. They have no foundation yet. It is your responsibility to teach it because somebody else is trying very hard to teach their truths.

www.rratv.net

2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: