Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sand Mountian's MX TRACK!!!  (Read 11014 times)
MXRACER86

New York!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 03, 2005, 06:49:40 PM »

I went to sand mountian today for the first time, and I can say about the MX track is, it was HORRIBLE!!  It was very poorly groomed! There where so many holes in the ground! I hit one of those holes and I thought I broke my wrist!!! It is the worst MX track for quads I have ever been on! Just to let everyone know, this is only my opinion! Others might have a different opinion!

When The Gate Drops!  The Bullsh!t Stops!!!
01ZX12R
Supreme Member

Its all fun and games till the flag drops!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 08:04:00 PM »

Take it easy on SM they just opened the track last week. SM was holding a race on their TT track today. So they probably did not have the time or man power to keep the MX track groomed. I rode the track last Saturday and it was a nice track, yes it was challenging but do able. After the TT races ended today I went over to ride the MX track and yes it was very beat up BUT I made it around one lap and I was being flagged off the track so they could do some grooming on it. So all I can say is that they are trying very hard to kep everyone happy. Its just going to take a little time to get everything organized. Thats just my 2 cents...

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 08:10:32 PM »

What ZX12 said, Exactly!!! Last week that track wasn't anything like you describe it Huh. Sorry that your 1st experience was a bad one... but that track was bad ass last week. Very challenging, and it did have ruts from some of the bikes in certain spots, but there were no holes, and the jumps weren't rutted out. Just as smooth as could be. Like stated above, was probably b/c of the race on the TT track today. Alot of the man power and equipment I'm more than sure was used to keep that up since they raced on it today.

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 09:45:26 PM »

ABSOLUTELY! The TT races keep the crew busy on Race Day!  They went to groom the track and maintain it right afterwards!  They wouldnt even let me and some the guys who helped get that place going ride on it.  They said that they really needed to work on it!  Not only that but like everyone stated,  It was the second week ever, since they finished the track!  Give it another shot next Saturday, I think you will be happier! by the way,  Its not the most quad friendly track in the world but they are going to focus on sections of the track for quads and not the hole thing.  Them guys are trying to satisfy everyone!

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
TBR_#86

one day

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 12:55:45 PM »

Come back EARLY on a practice only day  so u can get a llok at what that track is like whenever it is groomed

#86 Honda 450r- TBR/Baldwin/Leager/PEP

"How now brown cow.How now brown cow."

SUPPORT YOUR QUAD ONLY SERIES!!!! www.ssqsa.com
MXRACER86

New York!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 03:18:39 PM »

It was also very crowded! When I was on the track it was like traffic!! It was like one big line! Everybody just followed each other! Im not bothering goin there again!

LE450-RACER#77
Supreme Member

READY TO SELL ALL PARTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 05:46:35 PM »

SUIT YOURSELF !!!!!!!!!!!! THAT MX TRACK WILL BE ONE OF THE BADDEST AROUND WHEN FINISHED. SM WON'T CLOSE UP IF YOU DON'T GO SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN DON'T GO BACK. YOU HAVE TO RIDE IF YOU WANT TO RIDE THAT TRACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

GIVE IT A MONTH & THEN TRY IT AGAIN & YOU WILL CHANGE YOUR MIND. THEY ARE UP FOR SUGGESTIONS ON MAKING THE TRACK BETTER SO IF YOU HAVE ANY THEN TELL THEM. THE SM CREW ARE VERY NICE PEOPLE & ALL THEY ARE DOING IS TRYING TO GIVEUS A GOOD PLACE TO GO. THEY ARE TRYING TO HAVE IT ALL IN ONE FACILITY.

04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs
MXRACER86

New York!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 06:01:42 PM »

The track layout is great! But the ground has some crazy braking bumps and potholes! I wish it wasn't so hard packed!

LE450-RACER#77
Supreme Member

READY TO SELL ALL PARTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 06:12:24 PM »

Like I said man just give it a little time & they will have it all worked out. I PROMISE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It just opened & they are trying to do what all the quad guy's tell them to make it better for both them & the dirt bike guy's.

04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 06:42:03 PM »

The track layout is great! But the ground has some crazy braking bumps and potholes! I wish it wasn't so hard packed!

Not trying to sound like an A Hole! But, get over it! Its a race track, not a skating rink! Last time I checked tracks get rutted up, they get potholes, and sometimes they are hard packed.  Out of the 400 riders they had there in 2 weekends, only a few have really griped. Thats an accomplishment in itself!

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
redrider

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2005, 06:49:21 PM »

sandmountains mx track is the only track that was poorly groomed but i dont even they groomed it the day i went out there but the dirtbikes mainly tear it up it should be really good when they groom it Tongue
MXRACER86

New York!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2005, 07:46:53 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I love rough whooped out tracks. The rougher the better!!! But when Im flying down a straight and hit a hole and almost wreck like crazy, It just turns me off.

RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2005, 08:19:31 PM »

OH! OK! Now that you explained it like that!

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Sandmountainspeedway.com

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2005, 08:38:39 PM »

I will not make excuses for us but we never in a miilion years thought that all of you would have shown up. we were totally unprepaired for the crowd but we did learn from it we had over 250 more people than we expected all we have to go on is what hits our website and word of mouth. All of us are new to the ATV and Moto but we listen to everyone. Dale drove a race car for years and I about 4 years no Track ever listened to race drivers. Dale is very fare and will listen good or bad. So dont think you cant speak your mind at Sand Mountain (but dont yell) we can hear you we want to try to make everone happy. Thanks for the great season. From all of us @ Sand Mountain
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 08:40:18 PM by pobrian » Logged
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2005, 12:40:13 AM »

Seems to me that you're already set that it's not for you. That's okay! But look how many guys are telling you the reasons why the track was the way it was. They have a TT track, a mini MX track, Sand drag, and the big MX track. They had a race that w/e on the TT track thus making it almost impossible to take care of all those at once. There's no race this w/e just open riding. Guarrantee if you go Sat or Sun that track won't be anything like it was when you went. There were no crowds as you stated. It was more organized. All the quads went out for 20min sessions, beginner dirtbikes for 20mins, and so on...

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
MXRACER86

New York!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2005, 10:08:35 AM »

Don't get me wrong everbody I will try it again! I just wanted to let everyone know what I thought about it. I did not know they just opened up!

400exRacer77

# 71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2005, 05:45:59 PM »

when i went and rode on it it was a sunday open practice and i didnt like it very much. its hard to explain i did like it but there were too many dirt bikes and thats the reason i didnt like it i hate ridin with them things cause they make one line and one line only. but keep up the good work sandmountain ill be back !!!!

2000-03 CRF450EX ..... Houser +3 LT a-arms and +1.25 swingarm, Custom Axis fully adjustable suspension front and rear, Walsh radiator, Douglas wheels, CRF450 motor, not quite done yet though......
Sandmountainspeedway.com

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2005, 07:42:01 AM »

when i went and rode on it it was a sunday open practice and i didnt like it very much. its hard to explain i did like it but there were too many dirt bikes and thats the reason i didnt like it i hate ridin with them things cause they make one line and one line only. but keep up the good work sandmountain ill be back !!!!
Ask the people that let you on the track to run just quads they will tell the bikes to get off and let you ride for a while I did that at the TT track. if you dont ask they dont know it was pretty slow out there sunday they would have done it. Everyone should get a turn I had 3 littles out on the TT track for half an hour they loved it.
dreth

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2005, 08:09:34 PM »

i read this entire post and i would like to say that i have been invited to ride here, there, with ride1rob and i will check it out!
i dont mind rutted corners, braking bumps, acceleration bumps, or riding with dirt bikes but I DO HATE UNEVEN OR RUTTED UP JUMP FACES! THEY ARE DANGEROUS FOR QUADS ! if you cant keep the faces maintained all you will end up with is dirtbikes on the track.
so i will see ya in a month or so when all the bugs are worked out and i get use to my new twist throttle Grin
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2005, 08:29:14 PM »

DID I READ IT RIGHT THEY HAVE A SAND DRAG  TRACK  WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO SET A RACE UP YOU NEED TO GET WITH IT WE NEED MORE PLACES TO SAND DRAG Grin AND THE HAVE A PEEWEE TRACK MY SON CAN RIDE HIS COBRA 50  COOL [smiley=Cool.gif]

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2005, 01:11:03 PM »

hey CUT,

LONG TIME, NO TALK TO!

Great place to come and ride!  They have 4 Sand Drag lanes! 300ft!  Can you say test and tune!?

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
redrider

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2005, 05:54:54 PM »

the mx tarck was rough at first but the next time i went it was so much fun really loved the track sand moutain u did a great job the mx track i have a question though? are u gonna have gates when yall start racing? if u r were u gonna put them?
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2005, 09:48:31 PM »

YES they are gonna have gates!  But their going to put them at the top of the huge sand hill across from the motocross track, so that you guys are doing about 80mph when you hit the first corner!!! Grin Grin Grin

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
redrider

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2005, 07:32:59 PM »

were at on the mx track? i cant wait till they open the track
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 07:33:56 PM by redrider » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com