Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: what would you do
slap on the wrist, don't do that again and let them go on their way.
dock pay
thanks for waiting till you had nothing to do and I'm glad your education is important to you.
talk for an hour to try to make the employee understand that they are stealing from the company

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: calling all bosses and small business owners....  (Read 26979 times)
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2007, 05:46:09 PM »

Ida ,I would add a note to your file saying your side . you are allowed by law to.

When i needed to take off early one friday  my boss gave me some slack over it.
  but when I emailed him and his boss that I had time comeing and that
  I was going to the  MACHINE GUN AND SNIPER CHALLANGE over that weakend
  no one ever said a word..... hmmmmmmmm
                                                                        bluesman
bignickwaite

yee haww

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2007, 07:14:05 PM »

im telling ya give me his # and i will smooth things over with him. a little talk with me and youll be employe of the month again.
i love animal house....lol

UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2007, 07:15:34 PM »

Go to a Trophy Shop and have them make up your glamour shots into EMPLOYEE of the MONTH pictures.

Then hang them throughout the office.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
bignickwaite

yee haww

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2007, 07:25:50 PM »

my wife is a manager at office depot. send me a good pic of ya ill print up a bunch of employee of the month pins , flyers, hats and sh**

NYRAPTOR
Supreme Member

9/11/01 Never Forget

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2007, 09:10:51 PM »

put an ad in the paper and take all of his customers!!! start your own buisness and shut his down.
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2007, 09:40:08 PM »

IDA,

I'm in the pretty much the same position with work and school. I am now a salary employee which sucks, but soon it will pay off and I will have a few promotions. Every Wednesday, I have class from 7-10 PM. I've  only had one time where I had to tell my boss that I needed time to do some school work before class and when they hired me a month ago, I told them that I'm in school and need time to do my work and I don't want work interfering with my education that I'm paying for out of pocket. They fully understood that. The Vice president of the company really respects that along with everyone else who I have come across. Whenever I come across a situation like this I always say to myself, " I told them that I was in school when they hired me" and just hope for no BS out of it.

Good Luck IDA.

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
Kawa3
Supreme Member

Straight Up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2007, 09:41:21 PM »

put an ad in the paper and take all of his customers!!! start your own buisness and shut his down.

Clapper Thumbs Up

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2007, 11:17:50 AM »

IDA,

I do not think you are overreacting at all, you are still young don't think you are going to work there forever.  If you are like me you don't like burning bridges, but just remember it is just business nothing personal, there is no reason you can't look around to better yourself in pay or benifits or anything like that.  Make no mistake they probley would not hesitate to fire you and move on, just be fair and give them notice.  Good luck

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Anoriginal

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2007, 11:20:11 AM »

Punch his eyes shut then tea bag him.

Finally, some sound legal advice!

Always worked for me. How do you think I got into Law School?
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2007, 06:14:37 PM »

Affirmative Action.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2007, 09:08:12 PM »

Affirmative Action.

dangit, every time I type a reply to this, I end up erasing it,,,,,,dangit Rico, you got me stumped ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
exrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2007, 09:23:57 PM »

Just lost my job."store closed"  Was pretty bummed out because it is hard for a marine mechanic to find a job in October.  Have to feed the family so I put in 20 resumes and hoped for the best. Within a week I had 13 job offers for decent money. Moral of the story is sometimes you underestimate you worth to potential employers. What ever happens, good luck.

2000 400ex
2003 300ex
1997 kawi 220
1988 lt80

Sometimes I think the Gene Pool could use some Clorine
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2007, 09:51:07 AM »

ok.............so what happen?

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2007, 09:55:59 AM »

Yeah so what was the outcome?

I think there is a valuable lesson for you to learn here.......

Hippies Suck!!!

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2007, 12:15:11 PM »

well he was in today so I stopped by there on my way to class(two fold reasoning,,,,one get it over with, two, if he started getting long-winded I could jump up and say "I gotta get to class")

run-down of the meeting, I let him talk first(he loves this) and I was watching the clock so these times are accurate......

he spent 3 minutes talking about how "this could be considered "even though I know this is an ugly word, but 'theft'"(yes these were his words)

then he spent a little over 5 minutes talking about how something like this is a "terminable offense" at most other companies.

3 minutes on how he likes me and I'm one of the "senior technicians" and he doesn't want to lose me over this.

So I told him that I had been thinking of this meeting for a little while and I wanted to say two things to him then comment on both.  I told him that he told me a while back that "when you are a business owner and business is good, everything is good, when business is bad, everything is bad."  I told him that I would never understand that unless I was in his shoes and that later on down the road I probably would be and then I would truely understand, but till then I would do my best to sympathize.

Second, I told him that a couple months ago when I told him about my schooling where this semester I am placed on acedemic probation because of last semester I spent more time at his shop than I did in school, and cared more about the business than I did school, he told me "I don't ever want you to put the needs of this company above the needs of your schooling, and if you have any issues with that to talk to me".  I told him I appreciated that and him more than anything because that was the sign of an awesome boss whom I love to work for, but now I'm confused when I do just what he said to do and am getting in trouble for it.

end of the "meeting" he told me that I would have a written reprimand go in my personnel file, and to expect that in a few days and that the hours I was working were restored.

I'll be stopping by the pizza hut near the house to see if they need delivery drivers.

or am I overreacting?

I just don't get it.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2007, 12:20:09 PM »

WTF  Undecided  was that about?

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2007, 12:25:52 PM »

Theft? Your boss is a little whacky. If you have done all your work and there is nothing else to do, is he saying its better to just stand there and stare at the wall? Plus, where is the gratitude for coming in to work on a non-scheduled day? Did you get a thank you for that?

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2007, 12:48:34 PM »

Theft? Your boss is a little whacky. If you have done all your work and there is nothing else to do, is he saying its better to just stand there and stare at the wall? Plus, where is the gratitude for coming in to work on a non-scheduled day? Did you get a thank you for that?

nope I did not get a thank you, in fact another employee who covered for someone else on a Saturday came in on that Saturday, but was sick so he didn't get to the cleaning(we play maid on Saturdays and clean the bathrooms and vacuum and dust the entire office), but he was there the entire day and worked on computers,,,,,and guess what, that employee got the same kind of "meeting" I did.

I don't know exactly what was said there, but I imagine it was much of the same.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
Islandbreeze07

Miami Crepes (owner) and AmeriPlan IBO

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2007, 12:21:38 AM »

Id cut the employee some slack for two reasons. He came in on his day off. He has had things to do on his day off, but came in. Second, he did all the work. Nothing to do, so doing homework. He is alert to do anything the job required but what's there to do? He needed to finish his homework.

Perspective is a problem at times! Not every night the boss comes in at that opportune moment.

One time I was working on a typewriter. The boss leaves at that time. I'm done with the typewriter and go do my rounds. Three hours later, I need to do something on the typewriter. I'm "still on the damn thing" when the boss comes back in the same door. So I got yelled at for sitting there four hours. I told him NO I wasn't. He said no matter, you were there when I left, and you are still here when I came back in. Screw that.

Just keep your ass clean, and do the job you are hired to do. Do whatever YOU want off the clock. Then again, I used to read the newspaper on the job everyday as long as i watched the aircraft came in and do my job well. Bosses are just plain funny, PERIOD.

http://mybenefitsplus.com/KGraber
http://iboplus.com/KGraber

Life is like a farm, you gotta get up early to do the chores
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com