Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coach Williams @ SSQSA  (Read 4493 times)
Ellis#8

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2007, 09:18:39 PM »

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Chris Williams for his support for this past race. He helped with pointers from tech to gate, and cheered me and Sam as well as others. He has been not only an idol but a true mentor and friend. Congrats to him on his second moto win, it was even sweeter when I got my second moto win. I proved that motor isn't everything, getting just the right gate and the right coach, helped me get the hole shot and pull away, before the pile up. I have had other experienced riders give me pointers here and there, but he really stood by me and everyone he helps no matter how big or small the problem or skill level or problems with the bike. No wonder a certain pro wants him to turn wrenches. He even helped a competitor of his as well as my teammate and competitors of mine, with great professionalism.
I think that we all did great and that we were all winners. The track was awesome! Thanks to SSQSA for a great race. I know you all know that my dad even signed me up on time this time. I hope to get more envolved in the next years series.  Wink Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Ryan Ellis #8
RTN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 05:28:59 PM »

Thumbs Up

Conrats on your win Ryan. Good competition is what makes for good races.

Kudos to Chris. Helping the young ones is what keep this sport growing. He has helped us when we needed it and for that we are thankful.

#12's dad
Tom 
racingbroke

Girls Race too!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 10:00:40 PM »

The weekend was a great success and it was great seeing that level of talent in the A and money classes.  You guys were rolling! 

We would like to thank Coach Williams too and his whole family also.  The support, encouragement, and Chris's help and wrenching on our bikes has been top notch.  We wouldn't have made some races if it had not been for his help nor do I think Sam would have the confidence that she has. 

BTW - I thought you were retired!?  Grin

Samantha #19
McGrath Race Team
backinsaddle

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 01:46:31 PM »

Can I ask who coach williams is?  does he train youth?
racingbroke

Girls Race too!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 02:39:09 PM »

Chris Williams is who we are talking about and yes he does work with youth riders.  Ryan is 14 and Samantha is 13.  Sam was riding a 90 mod and now has moved to a 150 - Ryan rides a 450 so he can work with any size quad as well.

Are you looking for someone to coach a youth?

Samantha #19
McGrath Race Team
backinsaddle

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 02:52:04 PM »

I may be interested depending on where he's located.  I have 2 young ones racing this year for the first time so the weekend schedule is pretty full.  Sound like a lot of people are very happy with him.
racingbroke

Girls Race too!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 03:15:30 PM »

He's located in Dade City, but will travel to races, practice, etc. 

Samantha #19
McGrath Race Team
Ellis#8

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 06:35:06 PM »

Cris  is talking  about a quad  School next  ///// I'm going ////
backinsaddle

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 08:50:40 PM »

I'd love to talk to him, is there a way I can get in touch?
yfzracer88

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 09:20:35 PM »

Thanks to everyone for all of the kind words regarding Chris.  He really does enjoy helping everyone that he can.  He has been ask to hold a riding school and he is working on getting one set up for next weekend.  Back in Saddle- I just sent you an email with Chris' cell phone number
Thanks again!  You guys are all the best!!!!  Reba #188's mom
backinsaddle

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 09:27:29 PM »

thanks for the email, I'll be calling tomorrow
yfzracer88

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 08:51:14 PM »

Backinsaddle- Thank you for organizing the group of riders for the riding school.  We will work it out in the next few weeks, ok?  We appreciate your support with this.  Chris will really enjoying working with the mini quads. Reba #188's mom
backinsaddle

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 10:06:03 PM »

Sounds great.  We have to find a weekend if possible that's between FTR Quad Cross Series and SSQSA as we have riders in both.  We'll work it out.
racingbroke

Girls Race too!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 08:56:26 AM »

Have you guys raced with SSQSA before? 

Samantha #19
McGrath Race Team
backinsaddle

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 08:04:31 PM »

No, not this year.  We're doing the FTR XC series, Thunderbowl TT, and Seminole MotoX (our local track).  The friends joining us for the training ride a NFL/GA series, but they went to this last SSQSA race and I think are joining this coming series
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com