Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FTR Quad Scramble #3 Okeechobee  (Read 19557 times)
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2007, 05:18:36 PM »

I just cleaned everything and looked my quad over. Took in some water in the airbox. Can't figure how that happened  Wink
It was nice to see everyone and meet so many new people. It was nice to meet you too TRX470r. Frank &Frank are really good people and did a good thing getting you to try these out. They are a lot of fun.
I think Paul L won the 30+B class.
I left before scores were posted and didn't know how I finished. I can only assume Shawn Platt won the Senior class. He is fast but spun out early. I led for a while and he caught me and passed. I tried like all heck to keep up, but was not getting any traction.
Did Taylor Kiser win the AA class?
Hey Southern outlaw! Is RJ okay? He found the same bump twice. Thanks for grabbing the plaque. I'll see you in Myakka!

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
TRX470r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2007, 07:09:11 PM »

OK now I am hooked!!! I will be out of town for for the 11/3 race in Myakka but will do my best to make QS #5 11/17 in Venice, FL. I will make sure to bye a good Kill Switch and a Damper this time around.

05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C
dirtyrooster

Ride it like you hate it!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2007, 07:53:16 PM »

The Outlaws will be there....after working all day on the quad to see HOW much damage was done after getting bucked off by a damn tree yesterday at Chipley...Funny how that tree wasn't there at practice or the 1st lap......was great up until then....out front and pull away...then I seen dust from the group in ft of me and new I was catch'em....just as I caught a glipse of'em Bam ...tree jumped right out in ft of me... Bang Head...

Tip of the hat to the TTR for making an Endoro Cross section...that was a great section...you could go throught it or take the longer high road around it...anfway it was fun....

A 1st....A 2nd... and a last....

I feel your pain outlaw. You and your son Darren were a great help to me in my first race. When we arrived at the track my quad had only been out of the truck for maybe 2 minutes and you guys  were already turning wrenches on it trying to help me me get everything just right. Anyway,  it was painfull to  see you there on the side of the trail w/a busted front end! Sorry I couldn't make it to Okeechobee, but I will definately see you in Jacksonville! ( I'm finally finished licking my wounds!) Hope you guys blew it up at Okeechobee!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 07:55:07 PM by dirtyrooster » Logged

'06 Predator 500
spectech

XC"er

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2007, 08:24:14 AM »

Some People had a shortcut on the track because I had to keep passing the same people over and over again. And I don't think it was on accident. All in All was alot of fun.

07 YFZ'S
Ftr Vet. Quad #8

Spring Hill
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2007, 09:28:23 AM »

Some People had a shortcut on the track because I had to keep passing the same people over and over again. And I don't think it was on accident. All in All was alot of fun.

So I wasnt the only one had that problem.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2007, 10:25:24 AM »

I was one of the people that did cut the course. It wasn't intentional. Somehow I must have been going the wrong way. I realized it later the evening when I talked with some people that said they past me more than once. I don't look at the score board so I wasn't aware of it until that night when it was too late to do anything about it. I called the FTR business office and spoke with Bonnie George to have myself DQed. I apologize to everyone, I wouldn't try to do that. I'm there for the good times and good people. See you all in 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 08:06:58 PM by TRX450R_Racer » Logged

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
spectech

XC"er

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2007, 11:32:48 AM »

TRX450R RACER

That was Big of you to step up and say something you have my utmost respect, I know There were other riders that were doing it intentional or not, just frustrating to have to eat dirt from the same riders over and over. My thought if it was by accident why fight me so hard to let me by again. I can think of one in particular and he was on a suzuki I past him no less then 3 times. I can honestly say I only seen you once and you were in a tight section up against some tree's.

07 YFZ'S
Ftr Vet. Quad #8

Spring Hill
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2007, 11:43:27 AM »

TRX450R RACER

That was Big of you to step up and say something you have my utmost respect, I know There were other riders that were doing it intentional or not, just frustrating to have to eat dirt from the same riders over and over. My thought if it was by accident why fight me so hard to let me by again. I can think of one in particular and he was on a suzuki I past him no less then 3 times. I can honestly say I only seen you once and you were in a tight section up against some tree's.

Thanks.

I was stuck one time and someone came up behind me and said "how did I get behind you again." I was like "I don't know I'm just riding." I guess the shortcut looked like it was the course. Like I said I do it for the whole experience not the piece of wood.

Southern Outlaw

To finish 1st U must 1st finish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2007, 11:54:32 AM »

I think that everyone that was in the last race was just thankful to be done with it...I know I could not keep my glasses from fogging up and pulled them down on my nose and then I really couldn't see for sure then...I know on the last lap I when right instead of left and ran part of th the course over...less all be thankful that no one got hurt and the funnel cloud did not touch down at the camp sites or anywhere for that matter...

way to Taylor Kiser...5 laps...you da man Toast

TEAM OUTLAW
 "The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2007, 11:57:10 AM »

I think that everyone that was in the last race was just thankful to be done with it...I know I could not keep my glasses from fogging up and pulled them down on my nose and then I really couldn't see for sure then...I know on the last lap I when right instead of left and ran part of th the course over...less all be thankful that no one got hurt and the funnel cloud did not touch down at the camp sites or anywhere for that matter...

way to Taylor Kiser...5 laps...you da man Toast

Same problem I were glasses and can't see far away without them. I was riding blind.

Kenneth7B

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2007, 11:59:33 AM »

Thank God other people saw this.  I thought I was losing my mind...I know I had the lead on the first lap.  Yay for once!  Half way through the first lap I passed three guys that never passed me so I don't know how they got in front of me. (a suzuki, a 250r and a honda) then again on the second lap I had to pass all of these same guys.
Thanks for stepping up #25B, obviously there was somewhere in the course that was not marked right.  I took my time on the third lap and saw where the course was being cut...the course took a hard left but looked like it went straight through the bushes.  Had fun racing with you at the begining of the second lap. Also, I'm very sorry for running over your legs when you were stuck on the log.  My goggles were dirty, the mud was black & your pants were black. I couldn't see anything! Sorry!  
Hopefully the other people will step up like you have.   Wish I could have finished all 4 laps.  That is what happens when you don't run an airbox lid and it rains 4 inches in 2 hours.  Found out the hard way that Yamahas don't like water.  
I'll get you next time Paul!

Kenneth #7 Quad Vet
Shannon #17

Thank You to our Sponsor:
Royal Coachman Homes, Inc. www.royalcoachmanhomes.com
backinsaddle

« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2007, 12:02:27 PM »

I have to give you A & B riders credit.  I don't know how long I would have stuck it out in that rain...

We had a great time and some great racing in our family.  My 8 yr old did his first XC race.  He was always too nervous to be in front of the crowd of people at the last race, but finally overcame his fear.  He place 7th in superpeewee b.  Spun out in the last lap and lost a spot.  Prior to that he was running 6th...He said he was nervous to pass the 2 people in front of him as they had a hard time maintaining there line.  I was proud of him for playing it safe and not going beyond his comfort level.  There was some great racing and a lot of competition in that class...we're looking forward to the next one.

My 4 year old came in 2nd in peewee B.  He's one of those no-fear I'm not gonna let off the gas for anything kids...He had a blast.  Pretty soon he'll be ready for more power.

I came in 2nd in Beginner 400-open.  I was definitely stronger this race than the last one (although the course was much easier).  It feels great to see yourself get a little better each race.  We look forward to the rest of the season, and hope to get to meet more of you throughout the year.
Southern Outlaw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2007, 12:11:04 PM »

Good job Backinthesaddle....keep your kids racing and introduce them to there competators...

Parents like you and Jimmy Benton with his 4 boys is what makes this country what it is...a great place to live...

you'll find out here that there are a lot of good down home folk and we all just happen to enjoy the same thing for fun...I KNOW I HAVE

keep your kids racing

TEAM OUTLAW
 "The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2007, 02:20:33 PM »

Thank God other people saw this.  I thought I was losing my mind...I know I had the lead on the first lap.  Yay for once!  Half way through the first lap I passed three guys that never passed me so I don't know how they got in front of me. (a suzuki, a 250r and a honda) then again on the second lap I had to pass all of these same guys.
Thanks for stepping up #25B, obviously there was somewhere in the course that was not marked right.  I took my time on the third lap and saw where the course was being cut...the course took a hard left but looked like it went straight through the bushes.  Had fun racing with you at the begining of the second lap. Also, I'm very sorry for running over your legs when you were stuck on the log. My goggles were dirty, the mud was black & your pants were black. I couldn't see anything! Sorry! 
Hopefully the other people will step up like you have.   Wish I could have finished all 4 laps.  That is what happens when you don't run an airbox lid and it rains 4 inches in 2 hours.  Found out the hard way that Yamahas don't like water. 
I'll get you next time Paul!

That's cool. I know you didn't run me over on purpose. I couldn't see to good either.

See everyone in 2 weeks.

TRX470r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2007, 03:48:06 PM »

So if Iam behind someone and they get stuck, lets say in the tight woods section. Can I cut threw the bushes just to get around him? I was behind someone when they got stuck and the only way to get around him was to cut across the bushes or wait for him to get going again. Was it ok to go around him or should i have waited for him to get going again?

05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2007, 03:53:17 PM »

So if Iam behind someone and they get stuck, lets say in the tight woods section. Can I cut threw the bushes just to get around him? I was behind someone when they got stuck and the only way to get around him was to cut across the bushes or wait for him to get going again. Was it ok to go around him or should i have waited for him to get going again?

Yes, it's OK to go arond a bottle neck. Just not to cut out a good chunk of the track

ratrider44

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2007, 04:13:32 PM »

Remember that you must still go through any double green arrows and can get disqualied if you don't stay within 20 feet of any orange arrow.  I believe the only exception to this is if this is a big log jam and officials are telling you to go somewhere else. 

2003 Suzuki Z400
Southern Outlaw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2007, 04:32:52 PM »

On a side note....I cleaned our quads yesterday like every Sunday after a race...went more in depth today...I thought I clean the radiator good but today I found out it was almost completely clogged....took it out...washed and blowed out alot of dirt, seed and stems...also going to change ALL fluid levels in everything.. best to be safe and spend a few bucks then spending a hell of a lot later...even had a trace of water in the axle housing...

take care of your quad and it'll take care of you

TEAM OUTLAW
 "The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2007, 05:32:34 PM »

Good tip Outlaw!
People, this is no joke. Make sure you take the time to clean your machines really good. It is the beggining of the season and you want your quad to last as long as it can. Some simple, sometimes not and sometimes time consuming, maintanece will ensure your wallet doesn't take too much of a beating as the season goes along. Each course will offer up a different kind of beating. Ask Jimmy Benton what water does to your quad without tearing it down? It will leave you stranded hoping to have a friend like Southern Outlaw to loan his racer.
Which by the way was really cool of you all to hook Jimmy up like that.
As for course cutting, well, I really don't think it was intentional for most. You must realize that the rain really changed how things work. Usually the course workers sweep and check for breaks and fix. This was unusual.
TRX450 that was really cool of you to do that. I am wondering how the heck I took 2nd when I know for a fact I was passed by Shawn Platt. And he wasn't the winner. I led for a lap or two I don't know. I do know I could hardly see and I don't wear glasses. You glasses guys are nutz!!  Nerd
 Tongue Tongue Tongue
Frank I'm sorry I ran you over too!
 Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2007, 06:18:03 PM »

As I was cleaning my bike yesterday and thinking what a beating it took. I thought.........if someone told me to go out and try to destroy a bike, short of just crashing it into a wall how could you have been any harder on it than at that race?
  Cant wait till the next one.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Southern Outlaw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2007, 06:19:18 PM »

I was also having starter problems and took the air hose and blowed it out and seems to be working fine now....you got 2 weeks for the next one so please take a little time to take care of your equiptment...we need EVERYONE at the next quad scramble....this deal is gonna be huge before it is all said and done....

be sure to get "YOUR" ballots out there for Brian Morris B4 Dec 1st...we need a good rep in FTR for the Quads!!!!

TEAM OUTLAW
 "The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

Southern Outlaw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2007, 06:20:38 PM »

As I was cleaning my bike yesterday and thinking what a beating it took. I thought.........if someone told me to go out and try to destroy a bike, short of just crashing it into a wall how could you have been any harder on it than at that race?
  Cant wait till the next one.

That ain't no lie Chillin

TEAM OUTLAW
 "The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2007, 07:07:36 PM »

Thank you for the kind words Wayne. I will try my hardest to do the best I can.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2007, 07:23:06 PM »

Also make sure you take off the brake calipers. They are packed with mud and grass.

Southern Outlaw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2007, 07:46:49 PM »

Yea TRX...the sand and water killed mine...I'm just going to go ahead and replace all of them....dirt and water was in all the electrical connections....you have 2 weeks just go ahead and give your quad a GOOD once over!!!!!!

No problem Brian...I know you'll represent us well

TEAM OUTLAW
 "The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis