Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FTR Quad Scramble #3 Okeechobee  (Read 19559 times)
jimmy660

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2007, 07:50:10 PM »

First of all I'd like to thank Darren of Southern Outlaw Team for loaning me his quad. Takes onehelluva guy to loan his race bike in good conditions much less in those conditions!!!!!!! Take note on the maintenance tips .. I rode the Jacksonville race course last Sunday to check the water level. Evidently if you ride in water you need to clean bearings or it will lead to certain failure leaving you without a race ride unless you are lucky enough to know someone like Darren.
   Seconly anyone that finished or even did 2 laps Sat afternoon is a true racer. I like adverse conditions and even wanted some rain.. that was a little much. Still had a great time.
    The worst part was the course cutters. TRX450, that was me that asked how you got in front of me. Classic answere " I don't know!!". I apoligize for assuming you were simply a cheater. Takes a big man to step up and admit that kind of mistake. You have now gained alot of respect from me and several others I have talked to by admitting that. We need more like you. Can't wait to shake your hand at the next one!! I don't know if it did any good but I spoke to Dan and Amanda today to see if rather than DQ'ing you if they can put you in last place or dock a lap or something to salvage some points for you. Hopefully you can count this as a drop but at year end a few points may help. The good news is since it is after protest period  you may not be able to DQ yourself. They are finding out what to do. I can't see penalizing you with no points for an honest mistake.
  As for the ones that cut EVERY lap you are a bunch of no good sorry peices of whammy. You know that if the same people are passing you every lap you are doing something wrong. This is not beginner class, we have all been doing this a couple years now. I know of one person that I passed 3 times that never passed me and made me earn it every time. He also stood there when they posted the scores while me and several others talked about this # quad cutting. Never spoke up and said anything. Didn't realize who it was till sunday morning when I saw them loading their quad or I would have called him a cheater to his face.
     I'm going to leave this alone now but cheaters beware I am in this for fun, and I don't mind losing legitimately. I don't like being cheated!!!!!!! I will leave this weekend behind me and race everyone clean. If the people that cut every lap EVER cut and get in front of me you will be yard sailed!!!!!!!!!!!
   Thanks for letting me vent and I'll see everyone in 2 weeks.
   YEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2007, 07:54:11 PM »

I pulled enough grass off my quad to start a new lawn. I will have to have Lawn Man MX come mow it for me LOL! Raphael you looked like you had fun!
I had curtains accross the front of my quad. Tongue
 I pulled the plastics and wheels off. Calipers, too. Nasty stuff. My brand spanking new brakes, well they look pretty good hehehe
Jimmy, I think I have one of your Green chairs.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
jimmy660

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2007, 07:59:42 PM »

Yall want a good tip. If it looks like a monsoon is coming break your quad in practice and borrow one to race in the rain!!!!!!! If your real lucky they will flip it twice while they are on it and can't blame you for bent or broken parts!!!!!!!!! Just kidding I felt guilty racing someone elses quad in that mess and quit after 3 laps. Southern let me know what needs replacing and I'll get it on it's way. Again I appreciate the ride.
     Not sure about the chair but consider it rent for the roof over my wifes head.
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2007, 08:56:39 PM »

The day before the race I was thinking about dust . . . was I wrong ? ? ? talking about breaks, there are no break pads left on the rear caliper and I'll have to look on the front ones, during the race I thought my clutch was slipping, I tested today and everything looks just fine, may be a good mud tires or a paddle tires would of made the difference.

Congrats on Paul L. for the win, great job men, and Frank B.(TRX450) good call on admitting your mistake, and for the ones that were cheating, we are all having fun,  you guys don't want to see some one mad at you just for playing dome, lets play fare and keep having fun, like Jimmy said the ones racing this class are no beginners and I'll say are no kids eather.

Two weeks and we'll be at QS #3 oh yeah

Luis C.

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
lawn_man mx
Supreme Member

dont forget your wings! sky is the limit!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2007, 10:21:26 PM »

i'll tell you what mudnuri !   between the fresh grass you took out of your quad   and mine we could   re sod my back yard ! lol it took me  2hrs to clean  and take stuff apart     hey man i had a blast.  my eyes  are still swollen     i'am  just happy to finished the race.   this is  a great  group of racers   happy to  be in the mix      i liked  the way  chillenthemost  man handle  that quad in the vid !       funny  i tried it  during the race  when i got  stuck    but it didn't  worked . lol   Grin

05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58
Southern Outlaw

To finish 1st U must 1st finish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2007, 09:20:49 AM »

JB...this is Wayne....Darrin said something last night that you might not get your bike back together for the next race?...If not let me know and we'll bring the tank (Forman) down for you to race or you can race the Raptor and I'll race the tank or or the same thing we did this past weekend...whatever it takes to help out a team mate...

remember if you don't have the time to fix it let me know and I'll come get it and fix it...."WE NEED THE POINTS....TEAM OUTLAW"
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 09:22:57 AM by Southern Outlaw » Logged

TEAM OUTLAW
 "The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you
dirtyrooster

Ride it like you hate it!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2007, 09:15:36 PM »

I'm starting to realize that not making it to Okeechobee last weekend may have been for the best. Sounds like everybody got run over by someone else! You guys would have had me laid up like Gerrard after Monday nights game. LOL

'06 Predator 500
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com