Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: croom photos  (Read 4037 times)
norm686

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 21, 2007, 06:49:10 PM »

does anybody have photos of the camping area so i can get an idea of what it looks like?
exrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 07:07:11 PM »

Lots of pics. None will tell you what it looks like though. Power hookup, fire ring, pretty much like any other site I have camped at. Good access for long rigs. What are you looking for?

2000 400ex
2003 300ex
1997 kawi 220
1988 lt80

Sometimes I think the Gene Pool could use some Clorine
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 07:18:26 PM »

"Close your eyes, and hop on! I'll take you on a visual journey of the camp ground at Croom! Just put this tiny square piece of paper on your tongue and let the ride begin! Come join me on a fantastic voyage around the whoop city."

No pics of the camp ground. You might check the Croom website under gallery..they have pics there.

Think of it as a large oval disected length wise...standard camp ground as mentioned by Norm that you can ride in and out of. Lots of trees, and plenty of room to get a giant tourbus/camper in and out. Tons of cool people too.

I can tell you this...LOAD up on the bug spray!

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
exrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 07:20:57 PM »

Only Cliff Claven calls me Norm!

2000 400ex
2003 300ex
1997 kawi 220
1988 lt80

Sometimes I think the Gene Pool could use some Clorine
KB

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 08:58:49 AM »

Rico, your a trip man,

The camp-site is probably the nicesthing about Croom, IMO.
I always say that Croom is better for dirt bikes or Ute. quads, if you have a sport quad the trails are pretty tight, a full of whoops.
But i guess if you think about it when that place opened there were no quads, you would see a few ATC's, but mostly Dirt Bikes,
so it kinda makes since.

Don't know where you live but try out the MotoPlex, it's in N.Florida, (Madison Co.)
Open for the day every weekend, & once a month they open for the whole weekend for camping (I think)
It's got a little bit of everything, the guy who owns the property rides a Raptor & a 4X4 Ute. quad, so he built the place to cater to both types of riding. 10 bucks a day.
Can't beat it.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 09:50:49 AM »

KB, does that place have a track or is it just trail riding?

I've never been there.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
KB

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 11:24:43 AM »

Dreth made a really nice track up there,
 Also like 9 miles or so of fast 1 way X/C style trails, mud drags, extreme Ute course,
good mixture of everything IMO.

Going this coming up weekend 28-30th, I'll be stayin at the place, but some are stayin at a motel down the street.
I'm in Tampa if you wanna ride up there, there will be room on the trailer if you want.

www.floridaatvmotoplex.com
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 11:28:17 AM by KB » Logged
atvrob

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 12:58:00 PM »

hey kelly when exactly are you leaving to mplex. i live in ocala, im ready to ride,and i know you can show me the way at mplex.i can ride with or maybe follow[i ride a450r]. how much to get in mplex?
KB

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 01:39:57 PM »

Rob,
I been there once & it was a lot of fun, they been workin hard at that place since last time I was there, but It's $10.00 a day, I think kids under 12 are $5.00.

I wish I lived in Ocala, your 1/2 way there already.

My favorite BBQ Restraunt is on the corner of 40 & 314 "Roger's BBQ", gas station next door use to be called "NEWBY'S" Texaco,
the old ranger station use to be in the same building but they built a new one at 315 & 40.

We can meet up at the exit off 75 at Hwy.40 or at the SUNOCO, It'll be a good spot for me to get fuel there too.

The place is a lot of fun, everybody was cool, they have shower, bathroom, & water hose to wash your bike.
You can tell by just lookin around the place that they spent some $$$ on it.

I'm gonna sleep there in my little pop-up camper, the weather is cool at night up there, you can pitch a tent, sleep in your truck, or stay at the motel down the street.

atvrob

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 02:03:04 PM »

wow,you know about Rogers,they have the best pork samich.cool the exit at 40 is good. only $10 i dont believe it,awsome. i can give you my # or just post a time to meet.just dont leave me hangin like you did that guy at croom LOL.
KB

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 04:32:13 PM »

wow,you know about Rogers,they have the best pork samich.cool the exit at 40 is good. only $10 i dont believe it,awsome. i can give you my # or just post a time to meet.just dont leave me hangin like you did that guy at croom LOL.

LMAO, I felt terrible about NYRaptor goin by himself, I don't know if you read my reply to that post or not, but that was a pretty bad day for me, first I lost somethin important that I had to find, then my helper gets in a wreck(rear-ends somebody) w/ my work van(i'll bring a copy of the FHP Report as proof), I don't like leavin people hangin, I'm one of those guys thats gonna run into a tree one day 'cause I'm always lookin back to make sure everybody is still together & OK on the trail, people have even told me that before(there like "man why do you keep lookin back all the time") LOL.

I love Roger's pork sandwiches too, thats what I usually get there, they slice it pretty thin, I don't like it chopped where you can't see all the fat, like some places do.
Heres a funny story about Roger's BBQ, me & some friends come up from Tampa to camp for the weekend(before the closures), one of my good friends w/ us was a black guy, well were sittin down eating our food & they had/still do a bunch of antiques & stuff hangin on the wall(like Cracker Barrell), one was a tin sign that looked like an old antique, it said "WANTED any NEGRO paid 10 cents a head" I think it was for sale or just decoration, I noticed it & pointed it to my black friend (who is one of the coolest brothers I know, & still talk to him all the time) he got so mad he didn't even finish his food & was about to cause a scene, I told him "look man where in the middle of the forest, it's how it is, it's just a decoration, no big deal" he wasn't buyin it & said thats B.S., I'll never come back here again. When we left I got my sweet tea refilled & noticed a black couple sittin at a booth eatin, I told my friend "see, they probably live around here, it's nothin racist".
From then on when he wcame up there w/ us I had there # in my phone & called the order in ahead of time to go.

Where we would camp, was just past there aways, we would turn right on Terr.Rd.125/Cemetary Rd. & the go thru the stop sign & go into the forest behind Chipewa M.H.P., my step-dad & his friends would go back there as far back as the late 70's -80's & took us kids up there when him & my mom got married.
Had some real good times up there, we'd swim at a little swimming hole called Blue Hole (not Blue Sink by B.Scrub) we would camp under this oak tree that was kinda off the path just southeast of the swimming hole, there was a mud -pit back there people called 3rd pond, another one they called the race track.
It's all closed to foot traffic only now, if your lookin on a map it's called Church Lk. Prairie.

I know why it got closed, I seen it happening, years ago when we first went there we would hardly see anyone the whole weekend, just a few drive by & wave, as years went on the traffic back there got worse, it wasn't just ATV's a lot of cars & trucks, it got to the point that we would have to pick up a 1/2 a bag of trash & broken bottles before we could even set-up camp in our place, a lot of racket goin on back there all thru the night, a few cars burnt up, somebody drove a logging truck into the mud hole & got it stuck.

I just wish they would of enforced the rules that where already in place, NEVER seen any M.C.S.O. Deputies back there, only one joy-riding w/ his buddy in a marked Expedition stuck in the mud hole in the MIDDLE of the trail that he coulda easily went around it like my mom in her mini van did,
I heard there was only 2 rangers for the entire O.N.F.
Musta been easier for them to shut the place down instead of going back there in the middle of the night & doing somethin about those type problems, it sucks if i ever have children that I'll never be able to take them back there & experience what i was able to, just have a few pictures, I wish I woulda got a picture of the deputy that buried his Expedition in the mud puddle(destroying sensitive land, LOL), instead I helped another by following me to his partner that was stuck like a pig in the mud(no pun intended) so he could pull him out & laugh about it w/ his buddy, cause they were talkin on there radios, & I think the one that was goin to pull him out couldn't figure out where he was at, I knew where he was stuck 'cause I seen him a few minutes before on my Banshee.

I won't forget the day I called the Rangers Office when I first heard rumors about closing the place down to get some info. the ladyon the phone said"let me place you on hold to someone that could help you better than i can", some guy picked up, sounded a little frustrated, & said to me "most of the damage to our forest is from 2 wheel drive ATV's, all they do is spin, i don't know if you drive a raptor or a banshee or a scremer or wht you drive but thats whats gettin the place shut down" I was speechless, I asked him "who am I speakin with", he said "my name is Brett Bush".
He sounded like a real jerk.

I met a lot of cool people back there in them woods, some where from "Silver Spring Shores" some where from "Scrambletown",
only had one bad experience w/ somebody all the years I went there, it was a father & a son, both drove old "early" model Ford Bronco's, I ran into the father at first when I was stupid & let my ex. g.f.'s daughter lead the way on the trail back to camp on her little Raptor 90, I just wanted her to have the feeling/freedom of being in the front (my mistake) the father in the Bronco came at us head on, on the same trail & didn't slow down for us, just kept his speed like Oh,well, I'm in a truck, they'll move, the little girl was so scared she went off the trail over a berm & tweaked her handle bar's, he started hollerin at me sayin you guys aint even suppose to be on this trail (none were marked, how could I tell)
I took off my helmet & called him every name in the book, if he wasn't so old i woulda whooped him right there, but the girls were crying, momma was like"Kelly lets just go", he got on his CB & started talkin on it sayin"theres people on 4 wheelers ridin up here on numbered roads (FR532), I said you get your country bumpkin azz on that radio & call whoever you want you fat sombeach, I could tell i got to him a little bit, he left, i hid the little 90 in some palmettos & we went back to camp where i got my truck & hurried up back to get the quad, as i was loadin it up a few guy's drove by me, actually I had my truck in the middle of the trail so they had to drive around it, they didn't say a word as the 3or 4 trucks drove by, probably seen how red my face was & just kept on w/ there business.

Anyway's about a month later we were at our spot & I seen a couple of those guys that drove by me in there barely running trucks, & one must of called that old mans son, he showed up in his really nice older model Bronco, it has a rebel flag air-brushed on the tail gate, dark haired guy about my age, started hollerin at me sayin"who's the guy that jumped all over my daddy a few weeks ago, I said he ran my dayghter off the road, he said you people aint even from around here & you think you own the place, i was born & raised here & this place is gettin shut down because of you guy's, I showed him the big black bag of trash we picked up, some was just litter, some was from our litter. I said i been comin here for over 10 yrs. & never had a problem w/ anybody, he didn't care he jumped back in his truck & started doin like a 1/2 a donut while he was turnin around hollerin yee-haw.

My friend was in the back seat of my truck loading hollow points into his 357 the whole time he was runnin his mouth, if it woulda got any worse it woulda got ugly cause the dude in the Bronco had a rifle & was hollerin come on, I'm ready you S.O.B., he didn't see the 357 my friend was loading though.
That was the only bad experience i had up there.
Anybody that lives up there might know the blue bronco I'm talkin about w/ the rebel flag air brushed on the back bumper, he's probably really upset now he can't go back there & burn his scrap wire for copper, crack head, LOL.  He did have a nice Bronco though.

Man I feel like I just wrote a book or somethin.
atvrob

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 05:39:41 PM »

ha,thats funny about your friend at rogers bbq.yes iread all that stuff that happened to you,thats why i couldnt resist saying that.thats kind of funny what you said about that dbag in the bronco.i remember some guy in an old bronco giving me a dirty look and shaking his head one of the last times i went there.has to be the same inbreds.i remember taking my lab out their like 15 years ago to swim,back when i was ridin a 200x.oh,also i have a sister named kelly[seriously Grin]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 05:52:02 PM by atvrob » Logged
KB

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 06:06:00 PM »

It coulda been the same guy in the Bronco, but this was an "early model" smaller Bronco like before '76,
his dad was an older guy, his was brown I think & a rusty P.O.S.,

His son's was an older bronco also, same body style but nicer, it was blue.
atvrob

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 06:12:22 PM »

yea ,itwas like a 70 bronco ,one of the old smaller kind,they looked like they were squirrel hunting. i guess i would have been madd too if someone was scaring my dinner away lol.then he might have to actually get a job to eat Shocked
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 08:00:57 PM »

Damn Tolstoy...that might have set a new record for LONGEST POST EVER on atvflorida. I'll let you know when my eyes stop bleeding!

PUT DOWN THE DISCO DUST and step AWAY from the keyboard!

Good story tough!

KB

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 08:06:29 PM »

Damn Tolstoy...that might have set a new record for LONGEST POST EVER on atvflorida. I'll let you know when my eyes stop bleeding!

PUT DOWN THE DISCO DUST and step AWAY from the keyboard!

Good story tough!

LOL,
 Rico, you gotta try to go to the Plex,if not this coming up weekend then the Halloween Event, it'll be a blast.
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 09:35:29 PM »

LMAO, I felt terrible about NYRaptor goin by himself, I don't know if you read my reply to that post or not, but that was a pretty bad day for me, first I lost somethin important that I had to find, then my helper gets in a wreck(rear-ends somebody) w/ my work van(i'll bring a copy of the FHP Report as proof), I don't like leavin people hangin, I'm one of those guys thats gonna run into a tree one day 'cause I'm always lookin back to make sure everybody is still together & OK on the trail, people have even told me that before(there like "man why do you keep lookin back all the time") LOL.

I love Roger's pork sandwiches too, thats what I usually get there, they slice it pretty thin, I don't like it chopped where you can't see all the fat, like some places do.
Heres a funny story about Roger's BBQ, me & some friends come up from Tampa to camp for the weekend(before the closures), one of my good friends w/ us was a black guy, well were sittin down eating our food & they had/still do a bunch of antiques & stuff hangin on the wall(like Cracker Barrell), one was a tin sign that looked like an old antique, it said "WANTED any NEGRO paid 10 cents a head" I think it was for sale or just decoration, I noticed it & pointed it to my black friend (who is one of the coolest brothers I know, & still talk to him all the time) he got so mad he didn't even finish his food & was about to cause a scene, I told him "look man where in the middle of the forest, it's how it is, it's just a decoration, no big deal" he wasn't buyin it & said thats B.S., I'll never come back here again. When we left I got my sweet tea refilled & noticed a black couple sittin at a booth eatin, I told my friend "see, they probably live around here, it's nothin racist".
From then on when he wcame up there w/ us I had there # in my phone & called the order in ahead of time to go.

Where we would camp, was just past there aways, we would turn right on Terr.Rd.125/Cemetary Rd. & the go thru the stop sign & go into the forest behind Chipewa M.H.P., my step-dad & his friends would go back there as far back as the late 70's -80's & took us kids up there when him & my mom got married.
Had some real good times up there, we'd swim at a little swimming hole called Blue Hole (not Blue Sink by B.Scrub) we would camp under this oak tree that was kinda off the path just southeast of the swimming hole, there was a mud -pit back there people called 3rd pond, another one they called the race track.
It's all closed to foot traffic only now, if your lookin on a map it's called Church Lk. Prairie.

I know why it got closed, I seen it happening, years ago when we first went there we would hardly see anyone the whole weekend, just a few drive by & wave, as years went on the traffic back there got worse, it wasn't just ATV's a lot of cars & trucks, it got to the point that we would have to pick up a 1/2 a bag of trash & broken bottles before we could even set-up camp in our place, a lot of racket goin on back there all thru the night, a few cars burnt up, somebody drove a logging truck into the mud hole & got it stuck.

I just wish they would of enforced the rules that where already in place, NEVER seen any M.C.S.O. Deputies back there, only one joy-riding w/ his buddy in a marked Expedition stuck in the mud hole in the MIDDLE of the trail that he coulda easily went around it like my mom in her mini van did,
I heard there was only 2 rangers for the entire O.N.F.
Musta been easier for them to shut the place down instead of going back there in the middle of the night & doing somethin about those type problems, it sucks if i ever have children that I'll never be able to take them back there & experience what i was able to, just have a few pictures, I wish I woulda got a picture of the deputy that buried his Expedition in the mud puddle(destroying sensitive land, LOL), instead I helped another by following me to his partner that was stuck like a pig in the mud(no pun intended) so he could pull him out & laugh about it w/ his buddy, cause they were talkin on there radios, & I think the one that was goin to pull him out couldn't figure out where he was at, I knew where he was stuck 'cause I seen him a few minutes before on my Banshee.

I won't forget the day I called the Rangers Office when I first heard rumors about closing the place down to get some info. the ladyon the phone said"let me place you on hold to someone that could help you better than i can", some guy picked up, sounded a little frustrated, & said to me "most of the damage to our forest is from 2 wheel drive ATV's, all they do is spin, i don't know if you drive a raptor or a banshee or a scremer or wht you drive but thats whats gettin the place shut down" I was speechless, I asked him "who am I speakin with", he said "my name is Brett Bush".
He sounded like a real jerk.

I met a lot of cool people back there in them woods, some where from "Silver Spring Shores" some where from "Scrambletown",
only had one bad experience w/ somebody all the years I went there, it was a father & a son, both drove old "early" model Ford Bronco's, I ran into the father at first when I was stupid & let my ex. g.f.'s daughter lead the way on the trail back to camp on her little Raptor 90, I just wanted her to have the feeling/freedom of being in the front (my mistake) the father in the Bronco came at us head on, on the same trail & didn't slow down for us, just kept his speed like Oh,well, I'm in a truck, they'll move, the little girl was so scared she went off the trail over a berm & tweaked her handle bar's, he started hollerin at me sayin you guys aint even suppose to be on this trail (none were marked, how could I tell)
I took off my helmet & called him every name in the book, if he wasn't so old i woulda whooped him right there, but the girls were crying, momma was like"Kelly lets just go", he got on his CB & started talkin on it sayin"theres people on 4 wheelers ridin up here on numbered roads (FR532), I said you get your country bumpkin azz on that radio & call whoever you want you fat sombeach, I could tell i got to him a little bit, he left, i hid the little 90 in some palmettos & we went back to camp where i got my truck & hurried up back to get the quad, as i was loadin it up a few guy's drove by me, actually I had my truck in the middle of the trail so they had to drive around it, they didn't say a word as the 3or 4 trucks drove by, probably seen how red my face was & just kept on w/ there business.

Anyway's about a month later we were at our spot & I seen a couple of those guys that drove by me in there barely running trucks, & one must of called that old mans son, he showed up in his really nice older model Bronco, it has a rebel flag air-brushed on the tail gate, dark haired guy about my age, started hollerin at me sayin"who's the guy that jumped all over my daddy a few weeks ago, I said he ran my dayghter off the road, he said you people aint even from around here & you think you own the place, i was born & raised here & this place is gettin shut down because of you guy's, I showed him the big black bag of trash we picked up, some was just litter, some was from our litter. I said i been comin here for over 10 yrs. & never had a problem w/ anybody, he didn't care he jumped back in his truck & started doin like a 1/2 a donut while he was turnin around hollerin yee-haw.

My friend was in the back seat of my truck loading hollow points into his 357 the whole time he was runnin his mouth, if it woulda got any worse it woulda got ugly cause the dude in the Bronco had a rifle & was hollerin come on, I'm ready you S.O.B., he didn't see the 357 my friend was loading though.
That was the only bad experience i had up there.
Anybody that lives up there might know the blue bronco I'm talkin about w/ the rebel flag air brushed on the back bumper, he's probably really upset now he can't go back there & burn his scrap wire for copper, crack head, LOL.  He did have a nice Bronco though.

Arent you tired now?? 
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 09:50:51 PM »

As soon as I get out of this stupid wheel chair and through the PT rehab, I'll be good to go!

I broke both ankles jumping off the roof of a 4 story condo into my neighbors pool at the Labor Day Barbeque extravaganza! Man, that tequilla will make you do some insane stuff. They should put a warning on the label.

It was frickin' awesome man!!! You would have loved it. (Unless your one of those people who gets sick at the sight of compound fractures)

I just wish they didn't make the sides of those damn things out of concrete.

KB

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 10:09:33 PM »

Arent you tired now?? 
Ya , especialy when youtype w/only one finger, I about wore it down to a nub, had to go to Walgreens & buy a thimble for it, but I'm good know

As soon as I get out of this stupid wheel chair and through the PT rehab, I'll be good to go!

I broke both ankles jumping off the roof of a 4 story condo into my neighbors pool at the Labor Day Barbeque extravaganza! Man, that tequilla will make you do some insane stuff. They should put a warning on the label.

It was frickin' awesome man!!! You would have loved it. (Unless your one of those people who gets sick at the sight of compound fractures)

I just wish they didn't make the sides of those damn things out of concrete.

So thats what happened man that musta hurt, can't believe you didn't record it man, you would be all over youtube w/ that one.

Stuff like that don't make me sick UncleRico, my friend had a compound fracture on his arm, the bone came out & went right back in, I said your OK, you just got poked w/ a stick or somethin, we rapped it up w/ a rag & duct tape, but the next day it kept hurtin so he went & had x-rays done & they wanted to do surgery, he said no, just put a cast on it.

UncleRico, go to the search box & type in the words "why you should wear boots" & look at the pics of my foot i took w/ my camera, it's awesome.
You gotta look at it & you should know that you should always wear your gear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com