Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: choke wont stay out!!what the heck??  (Read 16024 times)
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

when are we going riding?

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2007, 09:54:49 PM »

tors is the throttle over ride system, theres a little black box under the tank on the left side (if you sitting on the bike) just unplug the wires that run to said box and remove it, you basically don't want it, theres wire that lead to your carb tops that are part of the tors system, lots of people have issues with the TORS system and when you get rid of it, the bike basically becomes amazing

thats the tors box

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!

http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2007, 10:14:47 PM »

what are the down side of removing it?
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2007, 10:18:07 PM »

uhm, what i think the pourpose of the system is if you run full throttle for more than so long it will reduce spark to drop the rpms so you don't bllow it up basically

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale

bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2007, 10:19:25 PM »

so..like a rev limiter?
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2007, 10:53:59 PM »

Wrong!

Here is what the TORS does.  Incase you are zooming through the trails at full throttle, and you back off the throttle but it is stuck open (muddy throttle, stuck slide, old cable), it will kill the spark.  In conclusion, it kills the spark if the throttle sticks open.

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2007, 10:30:42 AM »

Wrong!

Here is what the TORS does.  Incase you are zooming through the trails at full throttle, and you back off the throttle but it is stuck open (muddy throttle, stuck slide, old cable), it will kill the spark.  In conclusion, it kills the spark if the throttle sticks open.

i dont know if i would un hook that. ive had throttles stick before and its not fun.
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2007, 10:49:42 AM »

ok..thats what i figured..if its on the bike..it was meant to be there..
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2007, 12:12:33 PM »

i think i have solved my problem with starting this thing..since i have had a kx250..when i was going to shut the bike off i would shut the gas off and rev it out some and let it idle until the gas was burned and it shut itself off..so it wouldnt be flooded..well with this banshee i was doing the same thing and then i found it waayy hard to start back up..even with brand new plugs and gas..and i think the reason is (correct me if i'm wrong) is that because its twin carbs..they dont flood as easily..so when i go to start it after running the gas out..i need to turn the gas on and let it sit for a little while the gas gets to the 2 carbs and then try to start it..maybe they get very dry and need more gas in there to get it goin? i geuss its just one of those things about learning how to start your bike..
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2007, 05:57:05 PM »

i always run the gas out of my banshee, and before i'm going to start it i turn it on and let it sit for a minute or two and then pull the choke and give it some gas an kick it over once or twice. Tons of people remove the tors system and i think toomey sells the tors removal kit or someone sells it because the tors system will mess it up the bike if it gets wet or something

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toomey-TORS-Eliminator-w-Twist-Throttle-for-Banshee_W0QQitemZ200152844368QQihZ010QQcategoryZ43979QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale

bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2007, 07:17:36 PM »

thanx man..i think i'm just gonna leave it stock for now..haven't taken it 2 holylands yet!! need to asap..i'll try letting the gas stay on for a min and then starting thanx!..and btw,.where is area 51? is it in miami?
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2007, 07:30:35 PM »

where are you at? the guy that does my banshee work is really good and knows what hes doing, in broward county

looking forward to riding out at holylands with another banshee!!!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 07:55:31 PM by snowmanzz13 » Logged

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale

bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2007, 08:01:17 PM »

im in cooper city..near hollywood..and weston..i need to get out there..but my dad is sorting out his z400 he got..it wuz reported stolen when we ran the vin..so he's cheking with police to str8en things out..then we can ride together..and wuts the deal with holylands? is it open..and is it only levee riding during hunting etc..?
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2007, 08:13:52 PM »

uhm i was out there this past weekend, an i did tons of riding, on and off levee, supposedly your not supposed to be riding off the levee, but that didn't stop anybody, there was on FWC officer out there and she didn't even leave the pavement, she sat before the parking lot, you will need a 6 ft flag, what school do you go to, cooper city? i go to school at nova in davie, but from what i've been hearing on this whole holylands thing is that theres a break soon between archery and gun season, i'm not to sure but we'll figure it out soon

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale

bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2007, 09:42:58 PM »

ya i know nova..i go to skool right next door..its called bcc..im a junior in high skool and a freshman in college..its kinda like dual enrollment..but i have 3 high skool classes at bcc everyday frum 1-4..45 mins eech class..and then tuesdy and thursday i have a college class at 930 and at 11..and then my 1-4..its soooo kool..i was at cooper and cooper is the lamest skool ever...really..lots of riders over there though..but i was wondering..how far can your wheels turn when u turn the bars? my inside of the rims can tuch the bottom a arm..that only happens when i turn wayyyyy far
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2007, 10:21:03 PM »

yeah i know bcc, uhm my wheels turn far but not quite that far, check your steering stop at the bottom from side of the steering stem, they tend to become bent, or maybe one of your tie rods isn't adjusted quite right, mine has a bent tierod end and will lock at full steer if it hits something but the rim doesn't hit the arm

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale

bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2007, 10:57:26 PM »

ya...i gotta look into this