Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: choke wont stay out!!what the heck??  (Read 16059 times)
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 17, 2007, 08:52:56 PM »

on my 2000 banshee the choke lever sucks itself back in every time..i have no idea why it does this..any suggestions?? and i don't have a manual yet so sorry for asking so many questions about this thing..
4MANFREAK

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 09:06:50 PM »

Try pulling up the rubber boot on the bottom of the choke and tighten the nut. It should do the trick.

2006 FOREMAN 500 4x4
2004 Rancher 350 4x4
2002 400 EX
1997 FOREMAN 400 4x4
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

when are we going riding?

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 09:08:55 PM »

mine does the same, if i want to use the choke, i have to hold it out when i start it, but once it's started it should run without the choke, just get it tuned right and it will be the least of your worries, just bending over to hold it when you kick it once or twice to start it. What i think is that theres an o ring thats on the inside of the carb thats supposed to catch and hold the choke but it's worn and doesn't do its job, but again, one of your least worries when its running right

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!

http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 09:18:41 PM »

ya..kinda like that frikkin kick starter ringin like a phone!! it drives me nutss!! and i can hear it over any engine noise and when my dad rides past me..haha
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 09:23:51 PM »

lol yup just one of them things that you just deal with lol, i know they sell a rebuild kit so that you can fix the kickstarter so it stays in place instead of jingling around but it doesn't bother me too much

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale

bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 09:24:33 PM »

ya..i geuss with a helmet on..it'll seem to go away..
KB

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 09:32:45 PM »

You get that thing runnin yet Wake ?

My choke does the same thing, no biggie.

My kickstarter rattles too, if I put my boot on it, it stop's.
Yamaha does sell a re-build kit that comes in a little plastic bag for like 5 bucks, it's just a little spring & a little round BB.

bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 09:55:16 PM »

o ya i got it runnin..it runs great actually..it just was hard to start..but after chenging the gas totally it really helped..and new plugs tomorrow..i should be good for now..but have you ever tried just gas treatment from like autozone? to just run through the motor?
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 09:58:25 PM »

and KB,
today i noticed this thing will pretty much turn the front tires wayyyy far..and the rim can touch the a frame if i turn it way out..is this normal?
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 10:00:43 PM »

check your stop on the front of the steering stem, they tend to bend, and also check and make sure your tie rods arn't bent or you tie rod ends

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale

mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 10:08:46 PM »

I think the choke plunger is made of brass. I wears and looses the ability to stay out. My YFZ does the same thing. You can buy a new one I think.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
KB

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 10:21:55 PM »

o ya i got it runnin..it runs great actually..it just was hard to start..but after chenging the gas totally it really helped..and new plugs tomorrow..i should be good for now..but have you ever tried just gas treatment from like autozone? to just run through the motor?

Don't put anything in your tank but good oil & 93 gas, i mix mine 50:1 w/ Klotz or Maxima 927, 80/90 gear oil in my tranny.
32:1 might be safe but w/ a good oil I don't think you need as much.

Banshees are known for runnin a little on the hotter side, I like to run Engine Ice in my radiator, plus it's made in FL.(gotta represent our homies)

Your rim should not be touchin the frame are they stock rims?
Tie rods might be out of adjustment, get a tape measure & measure distance from top of tire to top of tire(using center of tire as a reference, & do same to bottom of tire, I THINK thats how you check for adjustment.

You need a book next time you go to the shop. also www.bansheehq.com can anwer a lot of your questions.

bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 10:22:44 PM »

ya..i took it out by lossening that nut..it seemed to be too greasey with i dont know what..and so i de greased it and now it seems to stick out fine..maybe that was it? and how do you like your yfz? i have a yz450f bike for sale and love itt..but my dad and i are getting into quads and we want to buy one soo badd but they are just so expensive..so i have a banshee and my dad is trying to buy a 4 stroke 400 and up..
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 10:26:18 PM »

ok..yes they are stock..and both sides can just barely touch but its when i turn the bars as far as they will go..will this really be a problem if i dont ever turn them that far when i ride? because i dont think the tie rods are bent..at least they dont visually look bent..and what type of tranny oil are you using? i think i used some 30w 2 stroke tranny oil
KB

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 10:39:21 PM »

I would say somethin is out of adjustment w/ your steering, you don't want the handle bar to poke you in the belly.
Could just need to be toed in or out, gotta measure it w/ a tape measure.

Gotta get a book, once you get it figured out you'll love that Banshee, I like the YFZ too, but it's cool to have both.
KB

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 10:43:11 PM »

BigWake, you can download a free manual from this site Asphalt Dragon made it a sticky a long time ago, I just looked & they have one for the Banshee, it's a sticky on the home page I think.
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 08:24:14 AM »

ok thanx man
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 10:22:27 AM »

im pretty sure all chokes that are like these dont work. all of our bikes that have them dont stay out. its not a big deal. the onlt ones that we have that work are the chokes that are actually on the carb. that you flip up or down. anyway, the only gear oil i have ever seen/used was 80/85w. you need to check that. idk if they make a 30w for a 2 stroke tranny.
KB

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 03:03:36 PM »

im pretty sure all chokes that are like these dont work. all of our bikes that have them dont stay out. its not a big deal. the onlt ones that we have that work are the chokes that are actually on the carb. that you flip up or down. anyway, the only gear oil i have ever seen/used was 80/85w. you need to check that. idk if they make a 30w for a 2 stroke tranny.

Book does say 80-90 gear oil i think, but i ran regular oil in mine too (20-50) I still run 80-90 gear oil
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2007, 05:49:46 PM »

ya i'll look into the oil..because i know oil is a bigggg part of the tranny on these things
KB

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2007, 06:08:24 PM »

ya i'll look into the oil..because i know oil is a bigggg part of the tranny on these things

Yamalube makes good oil for the tranny too as well as a clean burning pre-mix oil.

Go to www.bansheehq.com & you'll be there for hours, a lot of good info there.
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2007, 07:36:44 PM »

i agree with KB, bansheehq.com is a great banshee site that you will ifnd yourself goo goo eyed over lol

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale

bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2007, 07:39:29 PM »

haha ok i'll check it out thanx again everyone
KB

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2007, 09:35:26 PM »

You got stock carbs on it w/ the TORS still hooked up ?

again www. bansheehq.com will answer all your questions.
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2007, 09:42:42 PM »

yes carbs are still on..i have not removed them..today i put new plugs in and 2 galons of the fresh mixed gas..and i couldnt get her to start..i pulled the choke and no gas because thats worked for me..and it wouldnt start..so i turned the gas on and same thing..i am lost now..it runs great when it runs..but i couldnt get it started..and what is thos TORS? heard about it before..and also this bike has a boost bottle..not sure if it is a problem though? any thoughts? my compression seems fine though because its not TOO easy to kick over..i mean compared to a 450f or 250 2..its easy
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com